PDA

View Full Version : king spring installation

wenshuju
02-05-2005, 11:40 PM
hi guys, i brought sum second hand super low king springs...wondering if anyone knows a good suspension place where i can get them installed, located in melbourne. thx for the help

BSRacer
03-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Installing them yourself is a piece of cake, it's one of the easier car mods you can do yourself. Jack up the front of car and put it on stands. Take the wheels off and then undo everything attached to the strut at the bottom (brake line bracket and rotors) then undo the bolts holding in the strut at the top (inside engine bay), the strut should then drop out. Buy some spring compressor clamps (they clip onto the spring and can be tightened to compress it) put the clamps on the springs and tighten untill the spring is loose enough that you can take the strut top of. You may need to grab onto the centre threaded bit with multigrips so that you can undo the nut as the whole center of the strut may turn when you try to undo it. Take the spring out and take the clamps off it carefully. Compress your new spring using the same clamps and then put it back on the strut, re-assemble and put it back in the car (don;t forget to take the clamps off again ;) ). Repeat the same for the rear and voila! Car lowered at no extra expense. Me and a mate did this last week on his car. It took us under 4 hours to do whole car (we like you are not experts). But really it's not that hard and we took our time.
Give it a shot it's great fun and really satisfying doing stuff to your car yourself!!!

mute
03-05-2005, 05:24 PM
And if you can't be bothered doing that then "Advantage Suspension" in Moorabbin are good.

aimre
03-05-2005, 05:32 PM
yes do it urself... alot cheaper... ive don it myself

SECUR1TY
03-05-2005, 10:53 PM
id suggest you take it somewhere because you'll probably need a wheel alignment afterwards.. ull get it cheaper as a package, plus u wont risk breaking anything.. but if you've got the know-how then go for it.

wenshuju
03-05-2005, 11:04 PM
thx for all the help guys..

SECUR1TY
03-05-2005, 11:14 PM
no worries champ.. just get the springs checked out first

mute
04-05-2005, 07:19 PM
If you havent already done it, i found a really good guide for installing springs in an EG civic

http://www.hazone.com/hciv5spring.htm

You dont even need spring compressors :)