PDA

View Full Version : Euro leather care :( leather is scratched and bad

The-Genesis
03-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Hello all. I gave my car to my brother for a week. And also lend it to my dad to show some family friends around who had a lil kid and idiotic parents who wouldnt stop there kid from recking my euro. They were guests so i wasnt allowed to say anything but be kind to them :( My leather is all scratched deep (seats) The front seats has ripples of lines in them and is wearing out. What do i do?? Is it gona stay like this forever?? Also ahve scratches al over my euro after my bro gave it back to me.

I really need help.

Is this repairable at all if not this sucks...

Can i replace the leather on the seats at all from dealer if so how much.

Pls give advice on how it can be fixed.

THank you in advance,

bigdongers
03-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Retrimming the seats would be expensive. Do you have any pics of the damage you can show us?

albii
03-05-2005, 03:20 PM
thats a tough one man...........i would say something (even if it offends) ..better than having to fix it later.

Speeder
03-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Seat covers? Or try a leather cleaner kit. I know they can remove some marks from leather seats, but will not fix it. Next time, you should tell the lil kid to behave, it is your car, not theirs, you gotta take responsibility for it, no-one else would.

Pup
03-05-2005, 04:20 PM
and this is why my rule of no kids is instigated in my euro.
Well with the exception of one nephew because he wont dare put his feat on the seat for fear of death! hehehe

I recommend before going out and replacing them get a good leather cleaner and conditioner.
I use pinnicals from http://www.waxit.com.au/products.asp?cat=19 don't go with the cleaner/coniditioner in one.
If that doesn't work take it too a professional leather man and have him take a look at it.
I have seen old leather that looked ready to turn to dust be brought back to life ofter a professional touch!

jolt
03-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Meguiar's products have always served me well, including their Leather Conditioner.
http://www.meguiars.com.au/Products_Retail_IC.htm

Try it out first before going overboard with the repairs and even then, think seriously about whether you want to spend the money fixing something that might just occur again quite quickly.

Remember also, that leather has a strange way of being able to repair itself or at least to smooth out any scratches over time with a little bit of gentle use. Give it three months at least after applying the leather conditioner and see if you can still see the scratches.

regards
Rod

The-Genesis
03-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Thank you for advice. I will look for some products. Would like to know where i can find these leather professionals? I have never honestly seen such a shop. I dont buy online but will try for cleaning products in shops. If you guys dont mind can you post how i can find a leather professional.

Pup
03-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Since i odn't know where you are go to
www.yellowpages.com.au
and search for leather repair

it will bring up a few places!

Just out of curiosity why don't you buy online?

yfin
03-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Pics please

Slugoid
03-05-2005, 09:47 PM
A little off topic: Meguiar's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner any good, or any other better recommendations?? My ivory leather is becoming blue cos I wear jeans too much :(

PNR888
03-05-2005, 10:04 PM
We all learnt a lesson: Don't lend your Euro to someone who don't look after cars.
Man!! you need Super-nanny to send those kids from hell to a naughty corner.

I bought meguier's leather cleaner and conditioner and used on my driver's seat. It doesn;t leave any greasy, shinney look. therefore I can't visually see any difference. but when you rub the cream in, you can see the colour of leather does go deeper a bit. The reason why I bought it is because right side of driver seat's cushion became very shinny and looks a bit worn as my bum rub against it everytime I go in and out of my car.

bogan
03-05-2005, 10:06 PM
A little off topic: Meguiar's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner any good, or any other better recommendations?? My ivory leather is becoming blue cos I wear jeans too much :(

I've got the same problem, plus a stain from my black leather belt rubbing against the seat each day to and from work. Tried meguiars, tried eagle 1 clean and condition, now on to Mothers. I must be doing it wrong coz i cannot get rid of the black mark! D'OH! I'd be interested to know if anyones been able to successfully get these sort of marks off the leather and wot they used...:confused:

aaronx88
03-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I've got the same problem, plus a stain from my black leather belt rubbing against the seat each day to and from work. Tried meguiars, tried eagle 1 clean and condition, now on to Mothers. I must be doing it wrong coz i cannot get rid of the black mark! D'OH! I'd be interested to know if anyones been able to successfully get these sort of marks off the leather and wot they used...:confused:

Hi,

I'm new in the forum and thought I respond to your question. I have done a fair bit of research on this matter and I bought myself a bottle of Lexol Leather Cleaner (cost $20). On my cream colour leather, I managed to clean bluish stain from jeans to pristine condition. On the internet, someone actually says it is able to clean ink mark as well so why not give it a try. It is not a product you can buy off the shelf and I bought it from http://www.concoursecarcare.com.au/category5_1.htm

As for leather conditioner, I used the good old GE-WY leather (cost $12) dressing from the saddlery. All the people on the internet said the best product from leather is from horse saddlery. As for GE-WY, the product is actually very greasy and the colour of the leather actually turns darker and richer after applying it. However, after a while the greasiness is gone and the leather feels very soft and conditioned + there are no smell attached to this product.

I would also like to hear about products that you guys used on your Euro leather.

Thank you.

Aaron

PNR888
03-05-2005, 11:09 PM
welcome Aaron:
Thanks for the info you provided. sound like you are into upholstery and car detailing. you have come to the right place here.

Pum[Z]
04-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Hey Aaron...

Might test the product that u said..

I use AutoGlym for my leather on my euro. Since my Honda Dealer sells them i bought the Leather Cleaner and the Leather Care Cream...

The Leather Cleaner sort of works it cleans and freshens the leather and it has a neutral PH formulation so it will not remove the oils which keep the leather supple... The leather Care cream just protects and conserves the natural appearance of the leather...

Well autoglym is the authorised cleaning products for Aston Martin, Jaguar, & Mclaren cars... I tried it and it aint bad at all... Just make sure u use a warm cloth for stubborn stains...

The-Genesis
04-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Im just hoping, these products can remove scract5ches. i will find my digi cam and post pix later some time.

bogan
04-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey Aaron and welcome! Thanks for your info. Definately worth a go coz the grubbiness is driving me crazy! Same with the scuff marks on the door panels...

pum(z) - is the AutoGlym product just the apply and rub off type? Nothing too fancy?! I know...i shouldn't be lazy when it comes to cleaning the Euro!

aaronx88
04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Im just hoping, these products can remove scract5ches. i will find my digi cam and post pix later some time.

Is the scratches really bad? If it is, you might want to pay a little more and get leatherique. You can see the results here.

http://www.leatherique.com.au/results.php

A lot of people are recommending leatherique but it is just a tad too expensive ;)

Pum[Z]
04-05-2005, 06:47 PM
pum(z) - is the AutoGlym product just the apply and rub off type? Nothing too fancy?! I know...i shouldn't be lazy when it comes to cleaning the Euro!

Yeah AutoGlym is apply and rub off type...

bogan
04-05-2005, 08:08 PM
']Yeah AutoGlym is apply and rub off type...

Sweet thanks!
BTW - lovin' your ride man! Looks awesome! :thumbsup: