PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] EURI0 is sick

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 05:50 PM
:( it breaks my heart... i had a run-in with a 4wd today and now have a bit of front right quarter damage to my Euro. It's all being sorted out and it was a low speed collision so i'm fine -i just won't have it for a few weeks now.

stephen8512
03-05-2005, 06:12 PM
ouch........sorry to hear that
where was this? on a busy road?

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 06:21 PM
it was just on a suburban street - the one next to mine. It was fairly low speed tho, im guessin damage will still be over 4000 though

redliner
03-05-2005, 06:26 PM
the 4wd was at fault?
sorry to hear, hope things sort out 4 ya

|N|
03-05-2005, 06:28 PM
that must have had torn ur heart into 6 million pieces ... sorry to hear...

euro77
03-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Sorry to hear that.
I hope the 4WD didn't hit you with it's front bull bar :(

baboo
03-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Sorry to hear Chris,

hope the insurance will sort it out!

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 07:30 PM
the insurance company has basically said i'm not to blaim for the accident. The 4wd backed out of its drive way just as i was comming along and i clipped the back left side of its rear bumper. It has a bit of a scratch and a broken reflector while i have a cracked headlight, slightly creased bonnet, exposed wheel etc. Because it was on a hill and it had a higher bumper it kinda scraped a trench down the side of the car. I'll post some pics of the damage at some stage if anyone wants to see the horror that is a deformed euro :(

albii
03-05-2005, 08:37 PM
bad luck bro.....i would be abnormal if that happened to my euro...post pics

PNR888
03-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh, no Chris... I hope your number plate is not damaged. Is your car still drivable?
Exclusive Auto Centre at 28 Chester St. Newstead can do pretty good paint job for you. Nick is the boss there. They are quite dear, as they are the only authorised Ferrari repairer in Brisbane. But if the insurance company is paying the repair, then there is no reason for you not getting the best smash repairer for your "EURIO".

albii
03-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh, no Chris... I hope your number plate is not damaged. Is your car still drivable?
Exclusive Auto Centre at 28 Chester St. Newstead can do pretty good paint job for you. Nick is the boss there. They are quite dear, as they are the only authorised Ferrari repairer in Brisbane. But if the insurance company is paying the repair, then there is no reason you shouldn't get the best smash repairer for your "EURIO".
yes nick and team are good.(they use zymol too) mate of mine Vince used to work there

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 09:42 PM
thanks for the advice guys. apparently gabba smash repairs is the "official" repairer of my insurance company (suncorp metway) so i can get it done there without fussing with quotes. Do u think it would be worth going to Exclusive Auto Centre though? Coz i can do that, i 'd just have to negotiate using them with the insurance company by getting a quote etc.

PNR888
03-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Chris, Suncorp usually allows you to choose your smash repairer, but dont know if Exclusive Auto Centre is their "Preferred" one or not. you can check with Nick. But if you seriously consider getting it done there, I am sure Nick can help you out with insurance paperwork. We have cars insured with suncorp and got fixed by Nick, so should be ok with your case too. Suncorp is doing v well with its car insurance. It is now looking after AMP's car insurance too.

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 10:18 PM
thanks for the heads up roger. I'll get in touch with them and see if i can sort something out. I want everything how it was b4 this happened - so much for taking the DC5R knob and short shfiter for a run anytime soon haha :rolleyes:

VirIIx
04-05-2005, 11:12 AM
sad to hear.. it's always a street away from where you live :S that's where most accidents occur apparently, well within a few km's of your place.

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
yea, that'd be right ay - i was only driving to park at the bus stop aswell , 2 minute drive max and i didn't make it. Do u think while it's getting repaired i should get the chrome on the front grill painted the same colour as the body? I've been thinking about doing this for a while and i could get it done while it's in the shop - opinions?

VirIIx
04-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I've been wanting to get my grill painted for awhile as well, on one side it looks great with it, and from another side, it looks good painted as well. Hard to say :)

Pum[Z]
04-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Chris.. Take advantage of the time ur car is in the panel & paint shop.. Which means if u wanted to paint things on ur car do it now while ur car is in the shop..

It saves the hassle of putting ur car back to paint this and that in the future...

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 04:44 PM
yea that''s what i was thinking. i asked my dad what he thought i should do about getting it painted. he seems to to think the paint will start peeling after a while because it's chrome :rolleyes: - i'd have to convince him that it won't. Anyone have any ideas of roughly how much getting the trim repainted would cost?

|N|
04-05-2005, 04:47 PM
yea that''s what i was thinking. i asked my dad what he thought i should do about getting it painted. he seems to to think the paint will start peeling after a while because it's chrome :rolleyes: - i'd have to convince him that it won't. Anyone have any ideas of roughly how much getting the trim repainted would cost?

if u sand it down properly and stuff i think it should be fine..

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 04:53 PM
gabba smash repairs would be doing it and i was under the impression that a professional shop would have no troubles painting the hood trim pieces. Who thinks it would be worth it?

albii
04-05-2005, 05:38 PM
give the bump shop a go they are pretty good too

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 05:43 PM
It's been decided. The car is being taken to gabba smash repairs. we've had cars done there before and never really had a problem so all should be good. In a few weeks should be as good as new - possibly even better with the new grill trims

et11
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
I think it will look great after u painted the hood trim,
here is the pic of my painted trim and the H,
after about 1 and half years, there only few small stone chip.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/605000-605999/605591_7_full.jpg

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 07:47 PM
woah looks awesome!. How much did it cost you to get it done? And did the place have any difficulty doing it?

got any more pics and info?

I didn't know anyone had done this yet

et11
04-05-2005, 07:55 PM
i have an accident only 2 weeks on the road when the car was new, lucky it wasnt my fault.
while the car is in the shop I tell them to paint the trim, it cost me $100.
it really depend, some wont charge u a cent.
so r u going to paint the H too or just the trim?
here is better pics.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/605000-605999/605591_12_full.jpg

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 08:01 PM
haha same situation as me (tho i've had mine a little longer). $100 sounds reasonable i'll try get a similar price. It looks really good on your car (my car is the same colour). I'm still undecided on whether i should get the H done too. It looks cool on your car tho

et11
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah, i know, same situation as u. and it feel terrible at that time.
they say the paint wont stick to the chrome very well, but it still look great after all these years.
few month ago i have other accident, these time i tell them to paint my m3 spoiler, it didnt charge me this time.

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 08:21 PM
oh ok.. i thought they would sand the chrome down, So basically if i got it done they would just spray straight over the top. Do u have a link to your cardomain site, i wouldnt mind seeing even more pics.

et11
04-05-2005, 08:26 PM
i think they sand it b4 spray the paint.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/605591/1

Chris_F
04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
i did a photoshop of what my car would look like with a silver badge - i don't have any foggies so i got rid of them. How do u think it looks? i think i like it

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/2528painted_chrome_copy.jpg

Chris_F
05-05-2005, 02:36 PM
update: car went in today will be done by end of next week and they won't touch the chrome, probably don't know how to paint it.

kam
05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
i have an accident only 2 weeks on the road when the car was new

we nearly had an accident right after we bought the car, on the way home! some guy decided to merge without looking, it was close!

why do these things only happen when you drive a new car? :confused:

Chris_F
05-05-2005, 03:18 PM
you catch more flies with honey than vinegar i guess ;)