PDA

View Full Version : Euro Bodykit's in Melbourne

kam
03-05-2005, 06:01 PM
hey all. the main reason i found this website was because i was searching on google for euro bodykits.

ive seen some, and liked what ive seen. this one in particular looks very nice:

http://www.body-kit.com/acura04tsxextreme.html

now, ive seen some companies advertisting replica (fake) bodykits for the euro, at around $845. my question is, are these bodykits any good? is the quality of it good, does the bodykit line up with the original euro panels? or once its installed, can you tell its a cheap fake?

i went to the melbourne auto salon, and some chick handed me this brochure for

www.vivagarage.com

its based in SA, and on their brochure, it has the same bodykit as the above URL, but for $845, i just cant seem to find it on their website.

and for that bodykit, how much does the original cost?

adammet04
03-05-2005, 06:09 PM
I like that kit too...i too havent found a melb supplier for aftermarket bodykits yet...having said that you could purchase from sa or nsw and get a place to do the labor for you here...

In terms of whether the kit will line up with the euro...i think it depends on who you get to fit it..and whether you get them to do it again if they dont do a good enough job....the tsx in the link looks like it has also had mods to the exhaust...i wonder how the kit would handle stock exhausts etc

fogs on the front also look like an issue as well.

I think there would be a bit of playing around to make it fit perfect...

keep us updated mate !! I wonder if a place like jetspeed could help you out ?
or maybe ask viva garage if they know someone decent in vic ?
http://www.jetspeed.com.au/

cheers :)

adammet04
03-05-2005, 06:13 PM
soz

your question was about fake replica kits..

it depends on how good the fake is....

its like a rolex and a rolllex.... (maybe a harsh analogy!!) you get what you pay for...having said that there are some decent fakes around... :)

stephen8512
03-05-2005, 06:15 PM
of course original bodykits are alwasyg oing to be better in quality since they would most likley be made from high quality plastic not fibreglass.
do a search. Pum[Z] has the mugen replica bodykit on his and the finish quality is excellent as he will tell you himself.
not sure if luckystar make originals of that bodkit anymore but i could be wrong.

as long as you have a quality panelbeater who knows what theyre doing, there shouldnt be any problem fitting and painting

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 06:23 PM
that luckstar kit is rediculous :thumbdwn:. I want someone to make a replica of the phase front bar - now that was nice

kam
03-05-2005, 06:31 PM
would you guys know where Pum[Z] got his mugen replica bodykit from?
and in regards to getting the real kit, are these expensive? i emailed bodykit.com asking the price for the bodykit, since it wasnt listed on the website. and in the end, if i cant find a decent bodykit, ill just get the euro kit available here, since it does look pretty nice...

HONDWARE
03-05-2005, 06:41 PM
you can get euro kits from motorware

http://www.motorware.com.au/images/products/262.jpg
http://www.motorware.com.au/images/products/261.jpg

adammet04
03-05-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.motorware.com.au/index.asp

yfin
03-05-2005, 06:49 PM
yep motorware can get kits for you - not too keen on their prices though. They quoted me $2200 for D2 coilovers fitted. Fair bit of profit in that

adammet04
03-05-2005, 06:51 PM
im feeling that *feels* bodykit though....rather choice....price is same as what i got quoted for stock bodykit from honda....so go figure on that one :)

yfin
03-05-2005, 06:55 PM
im feeling that *feels* bodykit though....rather choice....price is same as what i got quoted for stock bodykit from honda....so go figure on that one :)

Yeah but the stock kit is not fiberglass. You kiss a fiberglass kit on a wall with your Euro at 2kph and you can kiss good bye to the kit. Maybe that is an exaggeration but you can get away with slight touches on a factory kit without breaking things. Obviously you would need to repaint the area - but you are talking about much stronger materials in the stock kit.

I am not feeling the feels kit - I think LOC888 has the right idea by sourcing the Euro R kit - it looks fantastic and is factory quality.

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 07:33 PM
thats a good point yfin. personally i think loc888's (i think it's his; GP with euro r bodykit and 18 or 19" wheels) is the best looking i've seen - very classy.

kam
03-05-2005, 07:46 PM
that luckstar kit is rediculous :thumbdwn:. I want someone to make a replica of the phase front bar - now that was nice

hmmm, the lucky star kit is the one im looking at getting... i suppose everyone has individual tastes, but for now, this is one of the kits that im really intersested in getting..

yfin
03-05-2005, 07:51 PM
hmmm, the lucky star kit is the one im looking at getting... i suppose everyone has individual tastes, but for now, this is one of the kits that im really intersested in getting..

Not many people like the lucky star kit. If you like it that is all that matters.

Re the $845 I see you quoting - you do realise these kits also need to be painted and that can be pricey.

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 07:53 PM
fair enough kam. sorry - i'm not a hater, it's just not my style ay

kam
03-05-2005, 08:30 PM
nah thats cool! i didnt want to come across as aggressive or saying your crap for not liking it... hmm, maybe you guys dont like it because youve seen better looking kits. ive only been looking for kits the last few days, so ive only seen a few. maybe when i see what else is available, ill not like the lucky star so much.

and yes, i do know that i have to paint the kits. thats not really a problem, since my honda is grey, and i would like to get it resprayed black...

just the main thing im concerned about with fake kits is the quality/if it looks good. you guys say they look ok, so thats re-assuring.

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 10:05 PM
yea i think you just gota make sure you get it done by a reputable panel beater and you should be fine. I think the mugen replica is the way to go - it looks great on black euro's ie. Pum[z]

Pum[Z]
03-05-2005, 10:06 PM
U have to be wary about replica kits.. If it is cheap then i will even become more suspicious... Just be wary...

The quality of the panel beater and paint shop has to be a very good one if u want a replica kit to look good... Just make sure the panel beater & paint shop u r going to do ur car has a lot of experience in fibre glass and fitting kits...

kam
03-05-2005, 11:12 PM
i recieved a reply email from www.body-kit.com, in regards to the euro R Extreme Bodykit available on their website. its US $2600 (which is 3,360.43 AU). i used the following currencry conversion website. http://www.xe.com/ucc/ as compared to Disc Price: $$3500 on http://www.motorware.com.au/index.asp

so yeh...

Pum[Z], where did you buy your bodykit from? it looks nice :)

PERTH_EURO
03-05-2005, 11:23 PM
having seen Michaels (PUM[Z]) in the flesh up close and personal, the fit and finish is superb.

I beleive that carquest supplied the kit. Not sure who fitted it.

egcarbz
04-05-2005, 12:46 AM
let me also add, Motorwares bodykit is Genuine Lucky star kit. Its actually in there showroom, a nice kit but a bit overdone IMO :)
Unlike kits from viva garage and so forth, you may end up with a kit that doesnt fit properly and hence more $$$ from the panel beater to fit it.

so 3500 for the kit is reasonable, considering it is genunie.
3300 from the american place, does that include shipping? and import taxes? etc

stephen8512
04-05-2005, 01:57 AM
if its 3500 for a genuine luckystar, i'd get a genuine mugen kit.

cuz u can get one shipped and fitted and colour coded to match ur car for 3500

Pum[Z]
04-05-2005, 02:31 AM
I would prefer the Mugen bodykit then the Luckystar bodykit for the euro. I have seen the Luckystar bodykit on a euro in Perth and it looks to hardcore for my tastes...

My mugen replica kit was from Carquest. I painted & fitted my kit at M&H (which is now called Prestige MotorVehicle Enhancer/Repairer). This place does all the predelivery for Prestige Honda so they know a lot about Honda's. Plus they are recommended painter and fitter for carquest & they have extensive knowledge on fibreglass...

I am lucky that i have somebody that does a real good quality job painting and fitting for replica kits.. That makes a lot of difference in the end product...

kam
04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
hmmm, ill go check out the motorware showroom, because it is close to where i live. pumz seems to have all his/her work done in perth. what are some shops in melbourne that do a good job of installing bodykits?

and yeh, i agree, the euro deserves more of a japanese VIP classy style bodykit, wheras the luckstar is more aggressive bodykit...

thank you guys a lot for your help, ive seen some other forums out there where people just treat each other like crap and every question is met with an angry responce :)

adammet04
04-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Yeah but the stock kit is not fiberglass. You kiss a fiberglass kit on a wall with your Euro at 2kph and you can kiss good bye to the kit. Maybe that is an exaggeration but you can get away with slight touches on a factory kit without breaking things. Obviously you would need to repaint the area - but you are talking about much stronger materials in the stock kit.

I am not feeling the feels kit - I think LOC888 has the right idea by sourcing the Euro R kit - it looks fantastic and is factory quality.

Yeah true that....
The euro r kit (mugen) is the one pumz has ? tried a search for loc888 and euro r bodykit but came up with nothing...

Yeah i do a fair bit of driving and the idea of a stone obliterating my body kit is not a happy one...

Probobly common sense (in my particular position) will be to go an OEM/mugen bodykit over a fibreglass...the troubles of trying to keep your car streetable and looking good at the same time all the time :)

<edit> added this bit </edit>
Still....finding a decent panel beater / bodykit fitter, seems to be hard to do in melbourne, seems we got a good perth one based on pumz car... :)

kam
05-05-2005, 12:22 AM
well, there must be at least some half decent bodyshops in melbourne, because, where do all the modified 'fully sik' auto salon cars get their bodywork done?!

EuroAccord13
05-05-2005, 11:45 AM
well, there must be at least some half decent bodyshops in melbourne, because, where do all the modified 'fully sik' auto salon cars get their bodywork done?!

JetSpeed... Talk to Victor straight, don't go thorugh his wife Fiona...;)

hondafever
07-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Yes, straight to Victor he might help you:wave: :wave: :wave: :D

EuroAccord13
10-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Here's a set of Euro R kit for sale......

http://firesport.ipspace.com/?section=item&action=show&id=19964

Ferrarista
10-10-2005, 05:31 PM

Damn Melbourne only :thumbdwn: :( :thumbdwn: :(

kam
10-10-2005, 08:11 PM
wooo, my 1st thread. coolies :D

dam that kits a bargain, but this concerns me:

"the kit made from fiber reinforced plastics material, thats why the bodykit is elastic"

is that bad, or are all kits like that ?

is it worth buying ? i just dunno about the quality/fit ...

stephen8512
10-10-2005, 09:59 PM
kam, u thinkin bout gettin a kit for ur euro?
if u want mugen, get it from carquest in perth. i highly recommend them for mugen. im so glad i got mine from them and they are pretty decent with times and pricing and watnot.
if u want something more subtle, get the euro R kit. IS MOTORACING here in sydney can get them imported from japan either painted to match ur car or unpainted so u can get it painted urself. euro R is a mad choice for subtle kit.....
if u really wnanna go unique......kenstyle baby! thats one hot kit.......from memory, there was a trader who was selling kenstyle bodykits for euro and jazz. search him up and PM him.

in regards to fitting, I CANNOT STRESS ENUFF how important a good panelbeater is. pay the extra few hundred to get a quality fit. i was contemplating goin to a DIY backyard el cheapo place to get it painted and fitted for 650. IM SO GLAD I DIDNT!!!! quality speaks for itself. the place i went to had worked my front bar A LOT, sanded it down, refibreglassed cracks and made it stronger with extra layers of fibreglass, fabricated the HID washers onto the front bar, matched my colour EXACTLY and so forth. it just doesnt compare. im so glad that i paid the extra 400 bucks to get it done properly. with a finish like this :

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-15.jpg

who can complain? :D:D:D

just MAKE SURE u find a top notch panel beater that KNOWS WHAT THEYRE DOING, and has A LOT of exp. putting together bodykits, whether its original or fibreglass

my 2c

Ferrarista
10-10-2005, 10:20 PM
kam, u thinkin bout gettin a kit for ur euro?
if u want mugen, get it from carquest in perth. i highly recommend them for mugen. im so glad i got mine from them and they are pretty decent with times and pricing and watnot.
if u want something more subtle, get the euro R kit. IS MOTORACING here in sydney can get them imported from japan either painted to match ur car or unpainted so u can get it painted urself. euro R is a mad choice for subtle kit.....
if u really wnanna go unique......kenstyle baby! thats one hot kit.......from memory, there was a trader who was selling kenstyle bodykits for euro and jazz. search him up and PM him.

in regards to fitting, I CANNOT STRESS ENUFF how important a good panelbeater is. pay the extra few hundred to get a quality fit. i was contemplating goin to a DIY backyard el cheapo place to get it painted and fitted for 650. IM SO GLAD I DIDNT!!!! quality speaks for itself. the place i went to had worked my front bar A LOT, sanded it down, refibreglassed cracks and made it stronger with extra layers of fibreglass, fabricated the HID washers onto the front bar, matched my colour EXACTLY and so forth. it just doesnt compare. im so glad that i paid the extra 400 bucks to get it done properly. with a finish like this :

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-15.jpg

who can complain? :D:D:D

just MAKE SURE u find a top notch panel beater that KNOWS WHAT THEYRE DOING, and has A LOT of exp. putting together bodykits, whether its original or fibreglass

my 2c

Would you know the number of IS MOTORSPORTS? I want a Euro R kit

stephen8512
10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
yeah sure mate

heres their site
http://www.ismotorracing.com/home.htm

IS MOTOR RACING
Unit 5, 5-7 Bermill St Rockdale NSW 2216
Tel : +612 9599 9918

Ferrarista
10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah sure mate

heres their site
http://www.ismotorracing.com/home.htm

IS MOTOR RACING
Unit 5, 5-7 Bermill St Rockdale NSW 2216
Tel : +612 9599 9918

Thanks,

Shame there is no infor about it on their website. I guess i have to call them

ngupil
11-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I know a very good panel beater in melb. its in south melbourne area. they are the one that did the painting for the bikes that are used in the ghost rider that was shot here in melbourne. but they charge quite expensive though.

pm me if you're interested

kam
11-10-2005, 02:03 AM
i like the euro r bodykit, or even the stock oem kit with lip etc, not really into the full modified mugen , luckstar happy fun etc

do you guys reckon that kit posted by accordeuro13 is good quality ?

nexace
11-10-2005, 07:41 AM
JetSpeed... Talk to Victor straight, don't go thorugh his wife Fiona...;)

Lol! Too right... :thumbsup:

I know Mirror Finish in Nth Melb do a good job. But it's very expensive.

The one in Sth Melb does the european cars? Heard they are first class as well. But can't recall the name.

genetric
11-10-2005, 05:42 PM
if anyone would like to have luckystar or mugen on their euro.. I have someone to recommend.. he have the mold for both.. :D

ngupil
11-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Lol! Too right... :thumbsup:

I know Mirror Finish in Nth Melb do a good job. But it's very expensive.

The one in Sth Melb does the european cars? Heard they are first class as well. But can't recall the name.

are you refereing to corso? the guy sam is a good bloke :)

nexace
13-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeap! :)

Sometimes it's worth it to pay a little bit extra and know that the job will be done right.

Ferrarista
19-10-2005, 03:38 PM

This guy says it is elastic, now i know nothing about Bodykits.

From looking at that, would you say that is a good kit?

ngupil
19-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I thought body kits are made only from 2 materials, plastic (poly urethene) and fiber glass. the body kits made of plastic are elastic, so if your body kit hit a road hump, it will compress it self, and will return to its original form once it clears. the materials used to make this body kits are somewhat similar to the materials used to make the original body kit. meanwhile, fiberglass made body kits are cheaper than the plastic, but it doesnt have the elasticity that the plastic has. looking other threads, i just knew that there are body kits made of rubber ?? thats weird :)

Crapdaz
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Had to bring up an old thread but anywhere in sydney that is reputable importing luckystar/mugen kits and for bodywork?

Cheers,

Mike Star
02-04-2008, 11:26 PM
IMO that is a truly awful kit!! Way over the top and completely ruins the Euro's lines.

Atjo
03-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Had to bring up an old thread but anywhere in sydney that is reputable importing luckystar/mugen kits and for bodywork?

Cheers,
Call motorware in melbourne. They have 1 genuine luckystar kit left on their workshop.

tony1234
03-04-2008, 01:12 PM
IMO that is a truly awful kit!! Way over the top and completely ruins the Euro's lines.
I agree.:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

hooyn
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
just to hijack again. anyone know where i can source a mugen lip kit for 04 model?