PDA

View Full Version : [euro] Front Strut Bar & Rear Sway Bar - differences?

VirIIx
04-05-2005, 12:37 PM
now.. i know a front strut bar improves the handling of the car, and i know where it's fitted. I read in the best mods thread, http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19680, about a whiteline rear sway bar involving handling as well.

How does it help improve handling? where is it fitted exactly? and why would i choose one over the other - or would it make sense to have both if possible?

kam
04-05-2005, 01:31 PM
I believe a strut bar reduces body roll, or doesnt let the car 'twist' as much, giving a more solid feel to the car

baboo
04-05-2005, 02:43 PM
you have the other way around Kam.

Sway bar reduces the body roll.
Larger sway bar at the front = Understeer
Larger sway bar at the rear = Oversteer

Strut bar provides rigity to the top of the struts.

Matell
04-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Ideally you want both.

But failing that the biggest difference that you'll feel every time you steer of centre will come from the rear sway bar.

The two mods that create the most appreciable difference in driving dynamics (with the exception of aftermarket wheels and suspension) are a Cold Air Intake (any form of improved induction) and Rear Sway bar.

The change/improvement by the addition of a strut tower bar is much more subtle and will not be notable to a lot of drivers.

EuroAccord13
04-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Front Wheel Drive cars benefit very well from Rear Sway Bars....

hondafever
07-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey guy, it definately improved the handling stop arguing....iam just kidding:D :D :D