PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an 05 accord euro

tknova
04-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey guys!! I just bought a brand new 2005 6 speed Accord Euro Standard in black with sunroof, foglights, floor mats and tinits. :D I got it for $37,220 onroad without a trade in? any good? :confused:

I have also purchased some 19 inch Alexias Jestalt 2 wheels for it and i'm ganna dump it on it's guts. :cool:

I don't want to put an exhaust onto it but i want a pod filter just for some vtech note! :)

Will i be able to take the stock airbox off and put a pod filter straight onto the stock induction pipe??

Hope too cruise with your guys soon!! Btw i'm in Melbourne

JDM.Power
04-05-2005, 05:07 PM
hey an welcome!! nice purchase

|N|
04-05-2005, 05:09 PM
welcome mate...
nice buy ...

albii
04-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey guys!! I just bought a brand new 2005 6 speed Accord Euro Standard in black with sunroof, foglights, floor mats and tinits. :D I got it for $37,220 onroad without a trade in? any good? :confused:

I have also purchased some 19 inch Alexias Jestalt 2 wheels for it and i'm ganna dump it on it's guts. :cool:

I don't want to put an exhaust onto it but i want a pod filter just for some vtech note! :)

Will i be able to take the stock airbox off and put a pod filter straight onto the stock induction pipe??

Hope too cruise with your guys soon!! Btw i'm in Melbourne

Thanks :wave:don't know about that price but good going anyways you'll enjoy.

qmjona
04-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Good stuff,
Yep, you can take the lid off the std airbox and put a pod straight onto the intake pipe if you want. Makes a great intake sound at full revs

yfin
04-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Welcome

I say go for a proper brand name CAI not just a pod sitting in the hot engine bay. They are not really that expensive - around $400. Considering the cost of the car it is insignificant :D

I didn't know you can get a factory sunroof on the standard model.

19" wheels! There goes all the performance from the CAI!

Make sure you post pics

Fr3aKi3
04-05-2005, 05:49 PM
congrats on the purchase, made a great decision getting a euro

:D :D :D

tknova
04-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome

Yeh, i don't really want performance anymore as i just got rid of my wrx.

Why don't you think the price is any good?

I got aftermarket sunroof put on the car.

Without all the accessories the car would of been $34,400 on road.
I'm very happy with the purchase, i pick it up next week!
The day after i'll put the rims on it and slamm it :P

EuroAccord13
04-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Congrats.. Good Price....

Post some pics up :)

Pum[Z]
04-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Welcome aboard Ozhonda...

Congrats on ur euro purchuse...

*wooohooo* Another euro owner that is going to pimp their euro out :p

EuroAccord13
04-05-2005, 08:50 PM
']Welcome aboard Ozhonda...

Congrats on ur euro purchuse...

*wooohooo* Another euro owner that is going to pimp their euro out :p

Somebody's got competition now.... :D :D

albii
04-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Why don't you think the price is any good?

I got aftermarket sunroof put on the car.

Without all the accessories the car would of been $34,400 on road.
I'm very happy with the purchase, i pick it up next week!
The day after i'll put the rims on it and slamm it :P
just comparing to what i got mine for $33500 on road with tint mats and bonnet protector

h22a accord
05-05-2005, 07:48 AM
dang, a new euro at 33500 onroad is a wicked price.

euro77
05-05-2005, 08:06 AM
welcome mate.

is your sunroof a factory sunroof? how much did it cost? I can imagine it'll cost an arm and a leg :D

baboo
05-05-2005, 08:23 AM
yeah hehe...next time if you want to purchase a new car, get Albii to go with ya!

The-Genesis
05-05-2005, 09:46 AM
I got mine really expensive. 47 grand for auto lux drive away.... :S

baboo
05-05-2005, 10:23 AM
I got mine really expensive. 47 grand for auto lux drive away.... :S

I hope you got a full bodykit with that!

hardboiled
05-05-2005, 04:14 PM
just comparing to what i got mine for $33500 on road with tint mats and bonnet protector

Wow thats a really good price. The best price I got quoted so far is $34500. Do you mind telling me where you bought your Euro from as Im looking to buy 1 within the next month. :)

albii
05-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Wow thats a really good price. The best price I got quoted so far is $34500. Do you mind telling me where you bought your Euro from as Im looking to buy 1 within the next month. :)
northside honda brisbane....took 2 hrs of hardball.... and i was the only customer there the whole time..maybe thats why

Fr3aKi3
05-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Got our 05 Euro Lux for 42 800
drive away with mats, weather shield and premium plates and a gift pack (which was just an umbrella....)

Alpine
05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Our Accord V6 Luxury was $43,000 driveaway with mats.

The-Genesis
05-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I hope you got a full bodykit with that!
no..just a spoiler, bonnet protector and mudflap things... :(

EuroR
05-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Damnation! :thumbdwn: I have to keep my Euro..my wife won't let me get rid of it, I pay for it but she reckons it's hers...so I want to dress it up. Anyone know where I can get a Jap spec Type R grille for my Euro?

Anyone lowered the euro? What springs, what cost where did you get them from, any problems??

Why get rid of a car with only 19000kms???...it drives like a refrigerator! I have TSW 18x7 wheels and 225/40x18 Sumitomos...so it looks great but it isn't a patch on my 98 VW Passat Turbo for performance or handling...sadly that died after 210000kms ( :thumbdwn: lots of problems..that's why I reverted to Jap cars, but you must admit the white goods analogy... ) EuroR :honda:

Chris_F
05-05-2005, 07:25 PM
not meaning to be blunt here.... but wtf are you on about?

EuroR
05-05-2005, 08:17 PM
not meaning to be blunt here.... but wtf are you on about?

That is blunt. I want a rear wheel drive turbo not a FWD White goods car

albii
05-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Damnation! :thumbdwn: I have to keep my Euro..my wife won't let me get rid of it, I pay for it but she reckons it's hers...so I want to dress it up. Anyone know where I can get a Jap spec Type R grille for my Euro?

Anyone lowered the euro? What springs, what cost where did you get them from, any problems??

Why get rid of a car with only 19000kms???...it drives like a refrigerator! I have TSW 18x7 wheels and 225/40x18 Sumitomos...so it looks great but it isn't a patch on my 98 VW Passat Turbo for performance or handling...sadly that died after 210000kms ( :thumbdwn: lots of problems..that's why I reverted to Jap cars, but you must admit the white goods analogy... ) EuroR :honda:
man i got 225/40/18 on my car and you smoke dope man...hard

albii
05-05-2005, 08:21 PM
so if thats the case ..why are you her on this website forum?

albii
05-05-2005, 08:23 PM
you want to compare your passat with a euro for handling...the euro will out handle even the lancer GSR turbo i had and it was awd

albii
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
and performance....pah i think the passat turbo does 0-100 in about 9.5 secs

baboo
05-05-2005, 08:27 PM

Why the feck you put Sumitomo tyres? they are cheapo shit crap tyres.
That's why it drives like a fridge.

Passat is just gay.

Matell
05-05-2005, 08:28 PM
He sounds like a troll to me.......

albii
05-05-2005, 08:32 PM
hhahahahahaaahha passat...........wannabe audi

albii
05-05-2005, 08:35 PM
some people crap on about cars and they dont know 5h1t...sometimes its better not to say anything at all for fear of sounding like a fcuk head

albii
05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
i heard ford make a rwd turbo...go buy one of those,but make sure you live close to the dealer as thats where the car will spend most of its time..

yfin
05-05-2005, 10:47 PM

This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen - why? Because I know the Passat well - we have a 2000 model with the V6 2.8 in the family. The V6 is faster than the Turbo 4 cylinder model. The Passat handles like a boat - is no way a better car than the Euro. You must be making this up because if you really owned the Passat there is no way you would say it handles or performs better than the Euro.

yfin
05-05-2005, 10:50 PM

What? You definately don't own a Passat. It is a FRONT wheel drive turbo with heaps of torque steer, an appalling handler and an uninspiring vehicle.

h22a accord
06-05-2005, 09:05 AM
hahaha, this is some funny sheit to be reading. Euro is a damn good handler but i can see where euroR is coming from...there is nothing quite like driving a rwd turbo ford (xr6) around with traction control off taking sharp corners and letting the tail slide out and controling the steering with the throttle. it get's your heart racing...especially if there are kerbs and gutter on each side hehe.

Chris_F
06-05-2005, 10:38 AM
yfin - my thoughts exactly... i just don't get where euroR is comming from :confused:

and h22a accord you have a good point with "there is nothing quite like driving a rwd turbo ford (xr6) around with traction control off taking sharp corners and letting the tail slide out and controling the steering with the throttle. it get's your heart racing...especially if there are kerbs and gutter on each side hehe." coz that'd be good fun. but that doesnt really describe the driving experience of a passat

EuroAccord13
06-05-2005, 10:43 AM
*Sometimes we get people joining the forum to crit/flame/insult/talk **** here and there* LOL!

nEUROtic
06-05-2005, 11:02 AM
hahaha, this is some funny sheit to be reading. Euro is a damn good handler but i can see where euroR is coming from...there is nothing quite like driving a rwd turbo ford (xr6) around with traction control off taking sharp corners and letting the tail slide out and controling the steering with the throttle. it get's your heart racing...especially if there are kerbs and gutter on each side hehe.

An XR6 isnt exactly the ultimate drift vehicle though, bit heavy. Not that I've driven one or nething, just the impression I got.

In any case regardless of specs or handling or nething what sounds cooler...

"I drive a Volkswagon"
"I drive a Honda"

Well Fritz, you have certainly won my heart with the volkswagon, take me now.

Speeder
06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I never thought a VW passat was a performance car? Well they are not. Neither are Euros but they do alot better in terms of handling. European cars have quality(some) but some of them lack the 'soul' when driven hard. I know the passat handling department is poor, infact most VW out of factory do pretty poor in the handling department xcluding the R32, but even they dont have "Excellent" handling characteritics, they just have grip, which is different from handling, they are just too heavy.

Matell
06-05-2005, 05:58 PM
*Sometimes we get people joining the forum to crit/flame/insult/talk **** here and there* LOL!

Yep. hence I thought he was a troll. :mad:

Pretty darn obvious and caught a big fish out of albii :rolleyes: lol

nich
06-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. how u doing?

Just to make it clear, I reckon EURO's are great. Was gonnna get one but decided to invest in some property 1st, so I'll have to dely my buy =(

My attentions was drawn to a comment that European cars lack spirit? I drive a Ford and C200. Since the C200 the only car which came close to matching the driving dynamics was the euro. The balance, handling and comfort of the cars is excelent. Only wish the supercharger on the Merc gave more output.

So i'd disagree that european cars lack spirit.

jackosimm
06-05-2005, 08:46 PM
great purchase mate! nice extra's and she'll be pimpin with those rims and dropped, gotta get some pictures of that!:thumbsup:

coladuna
06-05-2005, 09:26 PM
My attentions was drawn to a comment that European cars lack spirit? I drive a Ford and C200. Since the C200 the only car which came close to matching the driving dynamics was the euro. The balance, handling and comfort of the cars is excelent. Only wish the supercharger on the Merc gave more output.

European cars can handle really well. For example, my sister's Citroen C2 handles like it's on rail with hardly any bodyroll, although it also makes the ride really firm and uncomfortable at times.
However, I can't see how you can say that the only car that came close to matching the driving dynamics of C200 was the Euro. I can't really see the C200 as being a driver's car and I think they are more focused on comfort as opposed to the Euro having a good balance between comfort and a sporty feel.

baboo
06-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Some Euro cars are pure handling machines. Especially french cars, Renault Clio Sport, Pug 206 Gti 180, and earlier 205 GTi. They have superb handling.

BMW cars are all very dynamic in terms of handling. Merc is the same, but they are heavier cars compare to the rest so might lacks a bit of agility.

VAG group cars (VW & Audi) however are not good at handling departments. They go alright in the straight line, but when it comes to corners they all are understeering biatches.

Go drive a Lotus Elise, you'll know what handling feels like.

Nickt
09-05-2005, 10:57 AM
European cars can handle really well. For example, my sister's Citroen C2 handles like it's on rail with hardly any bodyroll, although it also makes the ride really firm and uncomfortable at times.
However, I can't see how you can say that the only car that came close to matching the driving dynamics of C200 was the Euro. I can't really see the C200 as being a driver's car and I think they are more focused on comfort as opposed to the Euro having a good balance between comfort and a sporty feel.

My dad has a C200 Kompressor with AMG suspension and 18in AMG wheels. It DOES NOT handle like the Euro. Although it has an extremely good suspension, and a beautiful ride, it is not a driver's car in that you cannot feel anything through the steering wheel or in the car...the C200K is about the same size as the Euro but feels as though it weighs twice as much. Throttle is also not as responsive as the Euro. So, althougha great car to drive, very refined and comfortable, and good handling, not a driver's car and I dont think it handles as well as the Euro does, seems to have more body roll, notwithstanding the lowered suspension and 18in rims. (I wonder what the ride in a standard C200K feels like...must be like driving on clouds or something!)

Suntzu
28-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi, My first post.

Today I bought a 2005 Accord Euro Standard in Milano Red 6sp manual.

I test drove a luxury manual version with 18inch wheels and was surprised how well the car handled. The ride was good also with the 18 inchers.

So I opted for my standard with 18 inch wheels.

I have just read that the Luxury has different suspension.

Can anyone tell me:

Will the standard euro handle the geometry for 18 inch wheels?

Will my suspension be that much different from the Euro?

Would I need a wheel alignment etc after I pick it up?

I was assuming that since the dealer recommended the 18 inch wheels that it will be ok, but can anyone offer insight into any potential issues of the Euro standard and low profile 18 inch wheels.

Im just a bit worried thats all.

I found the car to be fantastic and great value that why I bought it!! )

Ill get the car in 3 weeks! Can wait! :D

aaronng
28-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi Suntzu. Euro Luxury models come with 17 inch wheels. Are you sure that you're getting 18 inch? I'd go for 17 inch on the luxury. No need to do wheel alignment and all that. The suspension of the 2005 Luxury model is set for 17 inch wheels with 215/40 R17 tyres.

Suntzu
28-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah Its definately the 18 inch wheels. Im getting a standard,not a lux, hence my questions about the fitting of the 18s. There seemed to be no issues in the 2005 Lux I drove on 18s, but im getting the Standard on 18s.

Im a bit worried about the above and the insurance factor. I mean the dealer suggested it, but id rather get it sorted monday than have an issue on delivery.

bigdongers
28-05-2005, 11:08 PM
are these 18's genunine Honda or aftermarket? what do they look like?

aaronng
29-05-2005, 12:44 AM
You choosing 18" based on the dealer? Which would you prefer? It would not be a standard part, so insurance will cost more as it is considered a modification.

If I were not wanting 18" for the bling factor, then I'd stay with the stock rims because it would cost less for insurance, and if you have problems with the suspension in the future, Honda cannot blame it on non-standard parts.

PNR888
29-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Suntzu:
congratulation on your buy! and welcome to ozhonda.
lets get those things right first.

- stock 2005 Lux come with 17", not 18". If the one you test drove have 18", then it is definitely a dealer fitted option (not factory fitted). and 99% aftermarket rims. not genuine Honda rims.

- Honda people claimed that 2005 Lux model's susupension is tuned to accommodate 17" better, so it is a bit leaning toward comfy set-up to prevent harsh ride due to upsized rims.

- There is no need to do alignment when car is new no matter if you change to 17" or 18". only need to do alignment if you change suspansion setup(eg spring or coil over or spring-strut combo).

I hope these info can offer some help.
Where about are you located? and milano Red is hot. Good on ya.

Suntzu
29-05-2005, 10:02 AM
The Alloys are aftermarket ones, grey/silver 6 spoke (make the rotors looks small) . I think its going to be ok on the Standard Euro as I did a search and a lot people here seem to have 18 inch rims on their 2004 standard euros without issues. The insurance should not be a problem, I have an excellent rating. Im looking at about $670 or less a year.

I was mainly concerned that the rims would physically be a problem on the standard, cause I thought may the lux was designed to take them better. I was also concerned that my standard might not handle as well as the Demo lux with 18 inchers. I understand now that its mainly a ride quality issue and should handle well on the standard euro.

I went to buy a libery and left with a euro. There you go. What a great car and great colour in the new red. I was sold! :wave:

PNR888
29-05-2005, 10:32 AM
So how much extra do you have to pay for a set of 18"? tyres??
which Honda dealer did you go to? whcih City?

Suntzu
29-05-2005, 10:45 AM
It was about $2200 for the wheels/tyres. (dealer cost)

Tell you more about it when I get the car. cheers

Slugoid
29-05-2005, 01:20 PM
That's quite weird for honda to offer 18's....and I certainly haven't seen any genuine honda 18's for the Euro, JDM Accord or the TSX. If there is, would definately like to see them.

Anyway, congrats with the purchase Suntzu.

UNLS1
29-05-2005, 03:13 PM
thats a good price indeed!
congrats and welcome!

Suntzu
29-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah I was happy with that. They are pretty normal 18s, grey/silverish, 5 spoke I think. i was just a bit worried aboutthe suspension on the 2005 standard euro but it all looks sweet. The xtra grip and looks seem worth it, esp at that price :)

yfin
29-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah I was happy with that. They are pretty normal 18s, grey/silverish, 5 spoke I think. i was just a bit worried aboutthe suspension on the 2005 standard euro but it all looks sweet. The xtra grip and looks seem worth it, esp at that price :)

Welcome and congrats. $2200 is average price for cast 18" with tyres. Did they give you anything for your stock rims?

Suntzu
29-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Cool. Can you explain what "cast wheels" are? Im a wheel noob and now a honda noob.

I wonder if the 18 a lot wider than the stock 16 and if that will be an issue. Im relying on the professionalism of the dealer really. They seem pretty good actually.

yfin
29-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Cool. Can you explain what "cast wheels" are? Im a wheel noob and now a honda noob.

I wonder if the 18 a lot wider than the stock 16 and if that will be an issue. Im relying on the professionalism of the dealer really. They seem pretty good actually.

If you post up the specs of your rims I can let you know about fitment. Most likely your rims will be 18x7.5. Best not to assume, however, the dealer will use the correct offset as some tyre shops fit Euros with +42 which I think is too low compared to stock.

Re cast/forged rims see below. Cast 18" rims will be fairly heavy (around 10kg) compared to your stock 16" (around 8kg) so you lose a little in performance. It depends on what you are looking for. The other thing to check is what tyres they are putting on - the tyres make a big difference in the cost and performance of tha package.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/construc.jsp

yfin
29-05-2005, 03:35 PM
It would not be a standard part, so insurance will cost more as it is considered a modification..

Not necessarily - my insurance has not changed $1 with mods.

aaronng
29-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Not necessarily - my insurance has not changed $1 with mods.
Eventhough you have a CF bonnet? (from your pic)

Chris_F
29-05-2005, 04:35 PM
thats the phase euro-R man, i don't think yfin has a CF bonnet:p

yfin
29-05-2005, 05:01 PM
thats the phase euro-R man, i don't think yfin has a CF bonnet:p

No don't have CF bonnett - whiteline sway, icebox, prodrive gc07c all listed on policy and it didn't make any difference in cost.

aaronng
29-05-2005, 06:29 PM
ooooohh... ICIC.. Which insurance company are you using? If you don't mind me asking.

yfin
29-05-2005, 08:32 PM
ooooohh... ICIC.. Which insurance company are you using? If you don't mind me asking.

AAMI

TwEigh
01-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Correct me if im wrong,

AAMI is also the same as JUST CAR ?
i think i saw some article about that

EuroAccord13
01-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Correct me if im wrong,

AAMI is also the same as JUST CAR ?
i think i saw some article about that

It's a subsidiary of AMMI, underwritten by AMMI...

Suntzu
20-06-2005, 10:54 PM
I got the call today after 3 weeks. My cars in at the dealers. I want to pick it up friday but they tell me its gunna take a few days to fit the mudflaps and 18 inch wheels. Im going to push for friday. I just cant wait any longer :(

EuroAccord13
20-06-2005, 11:21 PM
I got the call today after 3 weeks. My cars in at the dealers. I want to pick it up friday but they tell me its gunna take a few days to fit the mudflaps and 18 inch wheels. Im going to push for friday. I just cant wait any longer :(

FEW DAYS to fit the mudflaps and wheels???? That's a Joke!

daidoidoi
21-06-2005, 01:42 AM
who's your dealer ?? 3 days is just unreasonable

10VDR
21-06-2005, 08:31 AM
3 weeks thats pretty good ive been waiting 5 weeks and still havent got it, they told me it would be in on a date and when i called on the day they just said they are still not sure exctly on the delivery date.... did anyone else experience this? i called another dealer he could have one in this week, could i get my dealer to go through him?

ant234
21-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I doubt they would allow you to do that 10VDR... the other dealer is probably lying just to get a sale!

Do no worry, I'm waiting with you! :D I was told 2 weeks as well when I purchased the car, but 2 weeks down the track was told to wait for another 5 weeks... now delivery date is 20 something of July... Another 4 weeks to go! so all in all I have to wait for SEVEN weeks!

Btw what color and model did u buy? I'm waiting for a graph perl lux man

Ferrarista
21-06-2005, 09:39 AM
I doubt they would allow you to do that 10VDR... the other dealer is probably lying just to get a sale!

Do no worry, I'm waiting with you! :D I was told 2 weeks as well when I purchased the car, but 2 weeks down the track was told to wait for another 5 weeks... now delivery date is 20 something of July... Another 4 weeks to go! so all in all I have to wait for SEVEN weeks!

lol,

i bought mine on new years eve. Before that, i told them that if i didnt get it by the 31st i didnt want it because i was spending the new year in wollongong and i wanted to drive it down, honestly speaking i got the car in 3 working days. They went and picked up the car themselves and drove it back to the dealership :D

Apply abit of pressure

tknova
22-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I actually work for AAMI, so if you guys have any insurance questions just let me know...

Suntzu
22-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Imgetting the car on friday definate. I have to get my own wheels in canberra. Can anyone suggest a good shop that might take the 16inch/tyres and a nice wheel?

Sulley
22-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I actually work for AAMI, so if you guys have any insurance questions just let me know...
what mods does aami allow?
i'm currently insured with aami and i've got coilovers, INJEN cai, bodykit, rims coming up...i'm gonna write to them once i have my mods installed..
are they still gonna insure me? or do i have to look elsewhere?

ant234
22-06-2005, 01:21 PM
WOOT!
good news, was told my car will be available on the 11th of July... not 20 'something'! It might still be 2 1/2 weeks away but any extra day I can get my hands on the baby i'm happy!

10VDR
22-06-2005, 08:50 PM

so im not alone hehe, i bought a luxury in pearl white 6 speed ... i said they have till the end of the week or im cancelling ( just scare tactics :cool: hopefully they will work)

albii
22-06-2005, 09:41 PM
fortunatly when i ordered mine it was in stock and took 3 days to deliver..thank god because i sold my gt forester private.

coladuna
22-06-2005, 10:42 PM

That is totally unacceptable in my book. I'd be totally giving them shit if that happened to me. That is why I put in a clause in the contract about the delivery date. They were still late 2-3 days on the promised date, but it took only 10 days so I wasn't willing to cancel the contract and buy from somewhere else over 3 day difference.

However, they did try and delay it for another 1-2 weeks. I then gave them some stern words and reminded them of the conditional clause in the contract and they said that they'll call the headquarter office and see what they can do. Magically, after about an hour, they "found" a car coming straight off the boat and just needed extra 2-3 days to clear it through the customs and give it a detailing.

albii
22-06-2005, 10:48 PM
yes sometimes the dealer push the guys who have already commited and stay quiet to the back of the line quite a few times just to get the ppl who kick up stink or the guys who havnt signed unless they get a car in 7 days into their cars....it sux...i'm afraid 10vdr you may have been pushed back because you havnt had a spew yet.........

Suntzu
22-06-2005, 11:20 PM
If I didnt send my dealer a hurry up fax yesterday Im 100% positive I wouldnt be getting the car on fridaqy. Id be giving them a "formal reminder" if I were you....

ant234
23-06-2005, 09:27 AM
too bad I'm getting my car through salary packaging... so theres no arse kicking in dealership... i'll jsut have to put and shut up! ;/

Suntzu
24-06-2005, 05:36 PM
I GOT THE CAR TODAY ! Very impressed!

Left at 6am, dealer handover took 15 minutes and drove back.

Drove it back to canberra and putting up with some amazing bullshit at the ACT Rego but got it done. :!:

The Red Milano 6 sp manual standard car had 8km on the clock. I found the highway performace to be fantastic, esp after drving up im my more powerful magna. The euro was a lot quiter and smoother and frankly the engine pulls very similarly to a small V6. More than happy with the cruising permormance. The interior is very friendly and I found the stereo to be excellent. The cruise and stereo controls on the wheel are a brilliant addition.

I am finding the stock suspension to be very tight and at this stage do not intend to mod it. :)

I am getting Lite-7 18x7 gold speedys fitted on Tuesday. :wave:

Photos to come.

I can official join this forum now. :D

cheers

russ
canberra

aaronng
24-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Welcome!!!!! Milano Red looks hot! They didn't have that colour when i bought mine, so I could have been another Milano Red owner!

PNR888
24-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Suntzu, enjoy ur new car... Canberra must be very cold these days, engine should perform better..

Euro05
24-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Congrats on your'e purchase Suntzu, welcome to the Euro club. You'll love it :)

Suntzu
25-06-2005, 09:59 PM
http://www.voicerecognition.com.au/euro/qtr.jpg

7 kms on the clock. Drving beautifully!

18x7 Speedy arriving Tuesday!! :wave:

PNR888
25-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Nice Car and Nice colour!

Chris_F
26-06-2005, 01:41 PM
lookin good... the lite-7's are gona change the look of the car so much i think you'll fall in love all over again (even though you've had it for such a short time) :D

lookin good. Love the life size pic

ant234
26-06-2005, 06:47 PM
good ride! now i can't wait for mine!
btw, where did u pick urs from? I'm waiting for mine at Woden :/

with your rego number there, i know who u're when i see it :D

Suntzu
26-06-2005, 08:30 PM
I got mine at Tynans in Sutherland NSW. Couldnt even get a remotely good deal in Canberra on my trade.

Have to have a canberra meet at some point. It would be fun!

aaronng
26-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Woo! Nice pic! You can make that your wallpaper!

Suntzu
26-06-2005, 09:47 PM
When I get the 18s im going to take some nice pics :)

ant234
27-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I got mine at Tynans in Sutherland NSW. Couldnt even get a remotely good deal in Canberra on my trade.

Have to have a canberra meet at some point. It would be fun!

I think there will be only 2 of us in the canberra meet :D
haven't heard any other canberra people around here

Suntzu
28-06-2005, 10:09 PM
I just had a decent round town drive in my new euro and I am just amazed how rapid it is point to point. My 2002 TJ Magna sports 5 sp auto 163 kw was decently rapid, but the overall package of the euro just kills it around town, you can get the power down , in the right gear and throught the corners like nothing else ive ever owned. My guess is that its easily doing under 8 sec 0-100km, im not even really having a go because im running it in. I guess the 5 degree celsius air temp is helping but it really flys! :)

Id image once I run it in and get the 18 inch wheels fitted that its really going to shine. What a great car !

/ends fanboy rant :) :p

albii
28-06-2005, 11:10 PM
ends fanboy rant :) :p
haha yes now we are all fanboys.........just call me mistral :D

starching
29-06-2005, 02:59 PM
why dun you just get the luxury,
just $41000 or less on road,
got more thing as well.

aaronng
29-06-2005, 03:18 PM
why dun you just get the luxury,
just $41000 or less on road,
got more thing as well.
Because it has wood grain trim that I don't like.

Suntzu
29-06-2005, 05:26 PM
OMG I got the 18 inch speedys fitted, it looks so sweet and the gold wheels match the gold brake calipers! Pics soon...

aaronng
29-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Yay! PICS PICS PICS PICS