PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof

Jezzah
04-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey Hows everyone doing?
Does anyone know where i can get an electric sunroof (the one that slides in) for my jazz in the sydney metropolitan?
How much would i be spending?

asiansquad
04-05-2005, 10:34 PM
they cost around $2000 i think?

Can prob ask honda to refer you to one

Jezzah
04-05-2005, 10:35 PM
awesome.

Cheers

dark138
04-05-2005, 10:37 PM
rosebury honda does the integra type sunroof for $1500
3 year waterproof warranty

i quoted them last year

FB008
05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
i didnt think we could get a sunroof jazz down under... but if u can i guess it's always good :)

i know they were selling them in HK tho... lots of those around with sunroofs. i dont think the jazz needs one though IMO ;)

asiansquad
05-05-2005, 11:00 PM
i didnt think we could get a sunroof jazz down under... but if u can i guess it's always good :)

i know they were selling them in HK tho... lots of those around with sunroofs. i dont think the jazz needs one though IMO ;)

quite a few jazzers here have a sunroof for their jazz

TypeG
05-05-2005, 11:11 PM
those jazz in HK is made to have sunroof in it.
the one in Aus are simply like cut a hole and drop a sunroof in
i got a frd have an aftermarket sunroof from honda and after few years, water is leaking in.
so IMO, car with aftermarket sunroof will depreciate a lot more than the one without sunroof

Catcha
06-05-2005, 01:58 AM
i got a frd have an aftermarket sunroof from honda and after few years, water is leaking in.
so IMO, car with aftermarket sunroof will depreciate a lot more than the one without sunroof

How do you figure that?

|N|
06-05-2005, 02:03 AM
but i would love to have a sun roof on my car still

Dreams
06-05-2005, 06:18 AM
nah,, me no like sunroof... but MOONROOF hehe.. soon..

Zimp13
06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
dun like sunroof... they rattle after some time..... and hard to fix.... wanna go, go all the way, convertible.... heheh

TypeG
06-05-2005, 10:07 AM
How do you figure that?

lol
I just say if ppl have a bit common sense or know a bit about car, they will not buy a second hand car with aftermarket sunroof.
Leaking is a MUST but depends WHEN
:D

Catcha
06-05-2005, 02:28 PM
lol
I just say if ppl have a bit common sense or know a bit about car, they will not buy a second hand car with aftermarket sunroof.
Leaking is a MUST but depends WHEN

So your saying if there were two Jazz 2003 VTI-S for sale one for a sunroof and one without one......a person with common sense would not get the one with the sunroof because, in the long run it's gonna leak ?

People buy sunroofs to enhance there enjoyment of there driving experience, just like a convertible and etc..... And of course with all new things it gets old and needs fixing or problems occurs, that's why they have warranty's and when problems arise you either fix it or get another car.................

JazzR
06-05-2005, 02:44 PM
So your saying if there were two Jazz 2003 VTI-S for sale one for a sunroof and one without one......a person with common sense would not get the one with the sunroof because, in the long run it's gonna leak ?

People buy sunroofs to enhance there enjoyment of there driving experience, just like a convertible and etc..... And of course with all new things it gets old and needs fixing or problems occurs, that's why they have warranty's and when problems arise you either fix it or get another car.................

i agree! :thumbsup:

TypeG
06-05-2005, 05:39 PM
i will if u are not noob to car
non-factory item are always like that mate
factory Fit come with sunroof which is directly builb from factory and the body of the car is build for having a sunroof.
convertible is built as a convertible from factory. if u cut the top and make it convertible, will it be as good?
Factory seal is always way better than aftermarket one. Also Honda never did sunroof himself. He is refer to BMW in Melbourne. Even there is warranty, let say 3 years. What happen after 3 years? If problem comes up and u have to fix it once per few months. Worth or not....

MRFIT
06-05-2005, 07:12 PM
TypeG..... r u voodooing my sunroof???? :D what has it ever doen to you?? hahahahha

I think ur LED is gonna melt sooner or later..... :D

cheers man....

ahcash
06-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, G... You are insulting MrFIT, Me and Crazyray....

MRFIT
06-05-2005, 07:15 PM
lets bash him..... :D

TypeG
06-05-2005, 08:32 PM
LOL
dun worry
u guys wont keep yr car for ages anyway
that's the thing the owner after u have to worry on
my LED if Honda factory items tho
=)

Catcha
07-05-2005, 01:17 AM
[QUOTE=TypeG]i will if u are not noob to car
non-factory item are always like that mate
factory Fit come with sunroof which is directly builb from factory and the body of the car is build for having a sunroof.

convertible is built as a convertible from factory. if u cut the top and make it convertible, will it be as good?
That doesn't make sense and it's a silly example

Factory seal is always way better than aftermarket one.
That is not the case, after market offer 3 years warranty, you factory car is also 3 years warranty, when do people get sunroofs, when it's brand new most of the time.

Also Honda never did sunroof himself. He is refer to BMW in Melbourne. Even there is warranty, let say 3 years. What happen after 3 years? If problem comes up and u have to fix it once per few months. Worth or not...

Hey I would be pretty confident in letting BMW do the work let alone prestigesunroofs in melbourne sydney i can't say . wouldn't you say BMW is a class above honda ????

Mate i got no idea where you get you ideas from. Hollandia make the best aftermarket sunroofs. and lots of people yes do experience problems with products, thats life sh%t happens

your 6000k BJUnion HID kit, since honda didn't fit them from factory, whats your warranty on you HID ??? If problem comes up and u have to fix it once per few months. Worth or not???... your car was not designed to have HID, it's illegal for you to have them, Do you have washers for them in the front ??? did you get some aftermarket headlight washers installed as well ??? to make them legal.......

I hope you get my drift ;)

TypeG
07-05-2005, 05:00 PM
well, my HID as an example is a silly example too mate. I can always swap back to stock one within 3 mins. Can an aftermarket sunroof do that? fit the hole up?
my frd got the problem and that's y i told ppl here TRY not to do it. However, as i say, leaking happen only when car is like after few years driving. I told u, BMW will NEVER can fix the problem WELL when it really leaking.
i will stop here since u love sunroof so much and just do it. yr car and money.

Jus-10
07-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Well my folks BMW with a sunroof started leaking....there goes your "BMW will NEVER" theory....you do realise BMW quality isn't the best out there right?

As with any mechanism that uses rubber seals, they will eventually wear out whether they are factory fitted or not. As people have stated here, the aftermarket sunroofs will come with warranties similar to those offered by vehicle manufacturers so there is no real issue.

To me the bigger concern is the integration of a sunroof as an aftermarket item will often look just that...aftermarket.

I think it will be hard to find an aftermarket sunroof that slides in to the roof. Remeber that your car was never designed for a sunroof. Cars that come with sunroofs from the factory that recess in to the roof will have lower interior roof lines to allow clearance for the sunroof. You also need to take in to account the design of the roof and whether it allows for the sunroof to fit in the roof.

The deal at Roseberry for $1500 sounds like something worth looking in to!

ahcash
07-05-2005, 06:47 PM
http://img112.echo.cx/img112/4224/200501170313us.jpg

http://img43.echo.cx/img43/502/200501170320kk.jpg

I love my sunroof... and it does go inside the roof of the car.. it slide and tilt.... After all, I pay for that to be enjoyed.. not to be worried about whether it is going to leak.. I think same goes to MrFIT and Crazyray??? :D

spoon fit
07-05-2005, 06:52 PM
wooo............i want

Zimp13
07-05-2005, 06:55 PM
wooo............i want

J . D . M ????? heheheh

JazzR
07-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Damn...
I want a sunroof now!

Jezzah
07-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Ohh thats nice mate
How much you get that done for? slide and tilt.

ahcash
07-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Ohh thats nice mate
How much you get that done for? slide and tilt.

Got it done with the new car before they delivered.. Extra I have to pay is around $2K.

A few more pix... :D

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/1186/200501170305gf.jpg

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/9966/200501170361yl.jpg

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/7481/200501170371zd.jpg

The oversea model's Jazz with sunroof looks a bit different.. here is the pix. By the way.. that's SpoonFit's girlfriend... :D

http://img222.echo.cx/img222/7752/f4678f337aa.jpg

spoon fit
07-05-2005, 08:52 PM
haha.....ahcash everyone can c u copied from appledaily

GAS828
07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
lol
nice

civiceg9
07-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I want the original one :D

Catcha
08-05-2005, 01:34 AM
well, my HID as an example is a silly example too mate. I can always swap back to stock one within 3 mins. Can an aftermarket sunroof do that? fit the hole up?
my frd got the problem and that's y i told ppl here TRY not to do it. However, as i say, leaking happen only when car is like after few years driving. I told u, BMW will NEVER can fix the problem WELL when it really leaking.
i will stop here since u love sunroof so much and just do it. yr car and money.

A friend has leaking happen to him., well i know heaps of people that have a sunroof some had good experience some bad, it's like buying a black car, you know it's going to looked dirty in 5 mins but...does that stop people buying black cars. NO

Why don't you go jump in the Euro section and tell them all they shouldn't of got a luxury because of a sunroof and it will leak in a few years time, well see what kind of flaming you get:D like the last stunt you pulled about your jazz vs Euro. cause you started something you couldn't finish.

kuso
08-05-2005, 02:16 AM
A friend has leaking happen to him., well i know heaps of people that have a sunroof some had good experience some bad, it's like buying a black car, you know it's going to looked dirty in 5 mins but...does that stop people buying black cars. NO

Why don't you go jump in the Euro section and tell them all they shouldn't of got a luxury because of a sunroof and it will leak in a few years time, well see what kind of flaming you get:D like the last stunt you pulled about your jazz vs Euro. cause you started something you couldn't finish.

Who did that ?

kuso
08-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Got it done with the new car before they delivered.. Extra I have to pay is around $2K.

A few more pix... :D

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/1186/200501170305gf.jpg

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/9966/200501170361yl.jpg

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/7481/200501170371zd.jpg

The oversea model's Jazz with sunroof looks a bit different.. here is the pix. By the way.. that's SpoonFit's girlfriend... :D

http://img222.echo.cx/img222/7752/f4678f337aa.jpg

^^ Last pic... that's so not spoonfit's gf? Looks like hte picture is from a chinese newspaper.... Ping Gor Yat Boe is a chinese new paper

spoon fit
08-05-2005, 07:46 AM
^^ Last pic... that's so not spoonfit's gf? Looks like hte picture is from a chinese newspaper.... Ping Gor Yat Boe is a chinese new paper

haha.....ahcash everyone can c u copied from appledaily

Zimp13
08-05-2005, 08:28 AM
heheh.... if can have her then i fit the sunroof man... hiakhiakhiak

Dreams
08-05-2005, 10:30 AM
wah nice la cash!... ceiling is more lower now eh?
zimp, u ............., nah... nothing.. ihakhaihaki

MRFIT
08-05-2005, 11:40 AM
she certainly did came with my sunroof...... didn't u guys get it too?? go back to your honda dealer and complaint asap....... :D

GAS828
08-05-2005, 12:50 PM

am I flame on u somehow b4? all yr example is just not working. every cars will get dirt anyway. does that stop ppl buy a car but go for a bike?
For Euro, they come with factory which is build for having a sunroof in their car. If a basic model want to add a sunroof in their car, i will say no. If u want a sunroof, go for the luxury model if u have extra cash plus u like euro so much. Like Jus10 say, car is build for having a sunroof is totally different to a car which is not. Again, I am here to tell the fact the having an aftermarket sunroof is not as cool as u think. If u want, just go for it as water leaking is in yr car not mine.
Lastly, do u agree aftermarket sunroof is not as good as the one come with factory?

Catcha
08-05-2005, 06:42 PM
am I flame on u somehow b4? all yr example is just not working. every cars will get dirt anyway. does that stop ppl buy a car but go for a bike?
For Euro, they come with factory which is build for having a sunroof in their car. If a basic model want to add a sunroof in their car, i will say no. If u want a sunroof, go for the luxury model if u have extra cash plus u like euro so much. Like Jus10 say, car is build for having a sunroof is totally different to a car which is not. Again, I am here to tell the fact the having an aftermarket sunroof is not as cool as u think. If u want, just go for it as water leaking is in yr car not mine.
Lastly, do u agree aftermarket sunroof is not as good as the one come with factory?

Did I mention your Name or Avatar ? I don't recall if i did you can refresh my memory.....And you right Aftermarket sunroofs might not be good for the cars structure or rigity...but can be as good as the factory one, what you think factory one don't stuff up ???

Having a sunroof is not about being "Cool as a fact" what just beause you don't like sunroofs you don't need to put forward negative comments as you mention, FYI is not about being cool it's about enjoying it. You obviously have not been in a car with a sunroof or you scared it might ruin you hair. Because if you have you would not make such comments

My last car had a sunroof put in and it was aftermarket, didn't have one problem with it, and as far as i know the guy I sold it to has not had a problem yet either.

If you read Jus10 commets carefully word for word.... there are no negativity toward sunroofs just concerns like all things, and from the horses mouth his parents own a BMW witha sunroof that his had issues. and with all sunroofs that I agree that it interior is lower due to a sunroof installed, Guess what it's all the same with any car....aftermarket or not it will decrease headroom of your a tall sucker.

Zimp13
08-05-2005, 07:28 PM

yeah cash ceiling is low man... with his long neck always bump his botak head on the ceiling when road is bumpy.... hiakhiakhiak..... :D

MRFIT
08-05-2005, 08:16 PM
:D funny...... lets all go for a off road trip next time..... bump.... bump.... bump..... :D

GAS828
08-05-2005, 08:24 PM
LOL
I have owned a MRS and EK4 so I am still want a sunroof but only if they are come from factory. I just tell ppl the fact that aftermarket sunroof will have the risk on leaking and it is HARD to fix it well. It takes time so if u going to own a car like few years from new is okay but problem must come up ONE day. That's all i want to say.

kuso
08-05-2005, 08:29 PM
^^ Engine needs to be rebuilt after 200km travelled as well. Everyone should think in the long term >,<

ahcash
08-05-2005, 09:07 PM

Sorry .. miss this one out.. Dreams.. Didn't notice any lower in the ceiling.. These guy at Prestiege sunroof has done a pretty cool job.. I was told by the honda dealer that they actually put a reinforcement bar into the roof for added support if the car happen to roll.. and as far as I was told, it is actually better than the factory sunroof.. not sure how legit is that.. but who gives a sh*t..I 3 years warranty on the sunroof like all other parts in the car.. if any sh*t happens or broken. including tranny, engine etc.. you still have to pay out of your own pocket to fix it.. right? Life is too short... enjoy it while you can.. :thumbsup:

Zimp13
09-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Sorry .. miss this one out.. Dreams.. Didn't notice any lower in the ceiling.. These guy at Prestiege sunroof has done a pretty cool job.. I was told by the honda dealer that they actually put a reinforcement bar into the roof for added support if the car happen to roll.. and as far as I was told, it is actually better than the factory sunroof.. not sure how legit is that.. but who gives a sh*t..I 3 years warranty on the sunroof like all other parts in the car.. if any sh*t happens or broken. including tranny, engine etc.. you still have to pay out of your own pocket to fix it.. right? Life is too short... enjoy it while you can.. :thumbsup:

ya ya ya.... must be reinforced for a driver like ahcash.... roll man rollllllll... hiakhiakhiak..... life is short, enjoy!!!!... really????? but u r resigning wor... how 2 enjoy???? gagaggaga..... :p

TypeGas
09-05-2005, 11:39 AM
lol
ahcash sunroof is custom made man

ahcash
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Diu....http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~fsiddiqi/mrdoubtfire/page1_files/finger1.gif

bigdongers
09-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Is the Jazz radio antenna annoying when you got the sunroof open?

TypeGas??? doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure who that is :)

spoon fit
09-05-2005, 05:45 PM
lol
ahcash sunroof is custom made man

:thumbdwn:

ahcash
09-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Is the Jazz radio antenna annoying when you got the sunroof open?

TypeGas??? doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure who that is :)

Not if you have a stumpy antenna like what SpoonFit has.. :D :D

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/1409/pict10233ex.jpg

Zimp13
09-05-2005, 06:56 PM
shit spoonfit.... cash said urs tiny wor..... hiakhiakhiak....

spoon fit
09-05-2005, 06:58 PM
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~fsiddiqi/mrdoubtfire/page1_files/finger1.gif

Zimp13
09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
ya lor... smack cash spoonfit.... hiakhiakhiak

MRFIT
09-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Not if you have a stumpy antenna like what SpoonFit has.. :D :D

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/1409/pict10233ex.jpg

this cracks me up everytime I see it...... :D :D :D hahahahhahaa

MRFIT
09-05-2005, 07:58 PM
TypeG..... what's with all these new names man....... ???

kuso
09-05-2005, 08:01 PM
word

bigdongers
09-05-2005, 08:57 PM
TypeG..... what's with all these new names man....... ???

he keeps getting banned thats why.

spoon fit
09-05-2005, 08:59 PM
this cracks me up everytime I see it...... :D :D :D hahahahhahaa

:o

Jus-10
09-05-2005, 09:24 PM
I think with the JDM models they have the antenna towards the back of the car so it is not going across the opening of the sunroof.

In the pics posted of the OEM sunroof, you can clearly see how they have lowered the interior roof lining (look around the grab handles).

Looks good!

spoon fit
10-05-2005, 05:00 AM
I think with the JDM models they have the antenna towards the back of the car so it is not going across the opening of the sunroof.

some JDM Fit have different antenna

spoon fit
10-05-2005, 05:05 AM
http://img115.echo.cx/img115/9468/cvpmcvp90400408289040250000422.jpg

Philip Lee
10-05-2005, 08:34 AM

iirc only post facelifted cars can have the antenna towards the back and it is part of an option pack the includes LED indicators (on mirrors) & tail lights.