PDA

View Full Version : CD5 h22a Accord

nickiipoohz
05-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Hey i was wondering why my engine check light is always on? when i turn on the engine and drive for like 15 mins it turns on. Ive had the oxy and knock sensor replaced but its still on. Ive got enought oil and water in the car as well. Can u guys tell me what can cause this problem? thanks

h22a accord
05-05-2005, 07:15 AM
do the dignostic test...this will indicate what sensor it throwing a code.
go visit this site and you will see step by step intructions of how to do it. it's easy, all you need is a paper clip.

Let us know how you go.

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/technotes1/engine/error_codes/error_codes.html

nickiipoohz
06-05-2005, 12:52 AM
what do they mean when they say "jump" the wires? im confused

h22a accord
06-05-2005, 08:47 AM
jump= connect.

CHU85
07-05-2005, 10:16 AM
as h22a accord said.
just use some speaker wire or a paper clip to join the 2 connections together and then watch the check engine light flash.

nickiipoohz
16-06-2005, 04:28 PM
hey guys i finally did the diagnostic test and im not sure if i did it right.. got a 96 accord and plugged it into the red and grey wires.. n e waiiz it threw a code 10 - IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

do you guys know how to fix this and how much it would cost me?

h22a accord
17-06-2005, 02:50 PM
if u plugged one end of a paper clip into the red wire and the other end into the blue wire then you will have jumped the ecu into dignostic mode.

see this pic...its the plug on the left hand side.
http://img32.echo.cx/img32/1511/ecutest7pn.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

i would think that the ecu would also throw a code 20 (ELD- electrical load detector)

mine still throws code 20 and 12 ( EGR valve lift sensor) and yeah, my CEL light comes on after a while too lol.

if your IAT sensor isnt working properly your car isnt going to run very good at all.

nickiipoohz
17-06-2005, 06:58 PM
hey thanks man.. my car actually throws a code 12
EGR Lift Sensor (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor.. whats that? does it mean my exhaust is too small lolz?

h22a accord
18-06-2005, 08:53 AM
hey thanks man.. my car actually throws a code 12
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor.. whats that? does it mean my exhaust is too small lolz?

hahaha, nah your exhaust is not too small! its emissions related...if you can figure out how to wire it back into the ecu let me know!

when i was doing the swap and looking at prelude/accord wiring digrams they are fairly confusing as you know. I tried hooking up the EGR and everytime the car would go into limp mode ( run stupid rich, wouldnt rev above 6000rpm) so in haste i didnt hook up the wiring for the EGR...

how's your fuel consumption?

nickiipoohz
21-06-2005, 06:21 PM
thanks dude, my fuel consumption is pretty good.. comparing to my F22b.. Its around 10km/litre (not freeway). And i even gun it here and there and i still get around 480-500km (50litres).. ive got a CAI but thats it. Hows yours?

h22a accord
21-06-2005, 07:04 PM
fuel consumption around the city if im driving very spirited ( read- flogging it) is horrible....it uses around 15 litres per hundred kays so i get around 350 kays to the tank.

on a long trip like say up the hume hwy just cruising it will get 700km or around 8.3 litres per 100km.

h22a accord
21-06-2005, 07:20 PM
im still pretty sure you would be throwing code 20 unless u installed an ELD. did u do all the wiring youself? the ELD has to be taken from the prelude fuse box and connected to the prelude ecu.

are you sure you are not confusing the CEL light when u put it into diagnostic mode?
try this link...its alot clear than the hondapitstop one.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8218

poid
21-06-2005, 09:39 PM
i think it would be throwing an ELD code as well...the way it is coming on sounds like it (i get an ELD error code also, but i dont care about it). Nickiipoohz does the CEL come on while you are decelerating only?

nickiipoohz
22-06-2005, 12:57 AM
well my one goes on after a few mins of driving and stays on until i turn off the engine

nickiipoohz
22-06-2005, 01:01 AM
hhmmm nah im sure i did it right.. only throws the one code, the thing is my tranplant came from a Accord SiR so i got the loom etc from the car itself. The only thing different is that im using a prelude gear stick (shorter) and a prelude ECU (so i dont lose the 5hp).

h22a accord
22-06-2005, 08:59 AM
did u end up using the accord fuse box from the engine bay?

poid
22-06-2005, 06:21 PM
well my one goes on after a few mins of driving and stays on until i turn off the engine

yeh but when exactly does it go on...does it happen when you are decelerating?

h22a accord
23-06-2005, 12:27 PM
hey, i got the ELD out of the prelude front cut i have , downloaded a complete honda workshop manual of the net ( 1408 page ) worked out how to hook it up to the ecu, connected it up but it still throws a code lol. I trouble shooted it according to the manual, i have it connected properly and it says the ELD is faulty!!!! The car actually seems to be running a litttle bit better...in the way of when u have the engine running and you turn on tthe lights or aircon the revs dont drop momenttarily like it used to before i connected the ELD.

At the moment, the only code my car throws is code 20 ( ELD ), i hooked a snap on scanner up to the service plug ( the perks of being mates with a mechanic haha) and we cleared the ELD code through the scanner but it keeps reappearing so im going to get another ELD and see if that clears the code.

if anyone wants the wiring and trouble shooting info for the ELD let me know and i'll email you the pages.

nickiipoohz
23-06-2005, 04:58 PM
whoa sounds sso complicated... hope its a success. Tell me if u work out how to fix the code 12 problem.

h22a accord
23-06-2005, 05:16 PM
i dont have a code 12 problem anymore, it disapeared by itself

nickiipoohz
23-06-2005, 11:04 PM
wth? like after u tried to fix the code 20 problem? lucky you. i wish mine would disappear

h22a accord
24-06-2005, 08:14 AM
actually it was before i fixed the code 20 problem lol.

nickiipoohz
25-06-2005, 02:33 PM
lucky you

nickiipoohz
16-08-2005, 07:13 PM
hey guys, just wondering is there a way of overriding the ECU setting so it doesnt throw the code?
code 12
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
just wondering cos it looks disgusting when you're check light is on lol. thanks

94_Accord
17-08-2005, 02:23 PM
"Hey i was wondering why my engine check light is always on? when i turn on the engine and drive for like 15 mins it turns on. Ive had the oxy and knock sensor replaced but its still on. Ive got enought oil and water in the car as well. Can u guys tell me what can cause this problem? thanks "

I had a similar problem with my accord, after about 5 minutes of driving the light would come on, what i had done was just cheked the taco and speedo plugs were all connected. i had a loose connection and once i put that back in the car was fine and no more light. :)

nickiipoohz
17-08-2005, 03:39 PM
thanks man... but i actually have a code.. code 12.. just wondering if i can override that some how so it wont flash.

nhat_18
18-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Why not get it fixed? code12 is the egr thingy right? i got mine fixed and the performance feels better.