PDA

View Full Version : Stock springs and 16's

shep9ky
05-05-2005, 12:04 PM
I may have to get stock springs for a little while as i'm going t get shocks and springs at the same time to fix up some shonky suspension from previous owner.
my car has 16" wheels and the springs have been compressed by the previous owner.
My question is, will the stock springs combined with bigger wheels make it sit even higher than stock?
or will the bigger wheels make stock springs seem a little lower?

Please no comment about how stupid this question is hehe
I already know that!!!!!

barefootbonzai
05-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes your car will sit higher with bigger wheels. And no it won't look lower, it will look funny. I thought putting bigger wheels on my car would make it look lower, but it didn't, just looked pretty crappy. Ended up getting some coilovers to lower it more.

Scoota
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Yes your car will sit higher with bigger wheels. And no it won't look lower, it will look funny. I thought putting bigger wheels on my car would make it look lower, but it didn't, just looked pretty crappy. Ended up getting some coilovers to lower it more.

*Nods*

A mate put 15" mags on his charade, have stock 13" i think
And it looked like a lil 4WD :p

Coilovers are the way to go :thumbsup:

shep9ky
05-05-2005, 01:30 PM
how much am i looking at for second hand coilovers?

Alpine
05-05-2005, 03:56 PM

I can vouch for that 100%. I've attached a pic of when I upgraded to 17" rims (from the stock 14" wheels). The first pic is the 17" rims with STOCK ride height, stock springs, etc. The second pic is the same rims with a 1.5" drop with lowered springs. Quite a noticable difference, I'm sure you'll agree!!

http://users.on.net/~shane.lim/misc/lowering.jpg

shep9ky
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
yeh i see what you mean
thank you very much for taking the time to show me the pics
gosh i wish i could get some second hand springs off somebody!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then ill get coilovers in another month