PDA

View Full Version : Euro Ipod interface (again)

xframe88
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
In previous threads, it has been recommended we use the Ice Link Plus adapter to conect ipod to euro stereo, however the people selling them state that it will not work with our euros.
What is it with this damn stereo system?!

Can NOTHING interface with it without adding an additional deck and, in my opinion, uglying up the dash?

(the ice link details are here - http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/product.asp?productID=41&sub_productCategoryID=&productCategoryID)

yfin
06-05-2005, 09:42 PM
What about the snhond3? Has anyone connected this to the Euro?

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/sounsnhond3.html

Pup
06-05-2005, 09:46 PM
From what I know the Acura TSX uses a different stock stereo to the australian model.
I believe we have the sony and they have panasonic?
Correct me if I'm wrong!

learner
07-05-2005, 01:45 AM
for snhond3... i have NOT seen anyone has put it on their euro
still a ? it will work or not
i will have my snhond3 next week... hopefully it will work...
i will update this infomation next week

Slugoid
07-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Keep us informed learner.

I'm also looking for ways to directly play my iPod in the Euro. Atm I'm using the FM transmitter thing, but I don't really like the quality of the sound.

adammet04
07-05-2005, 11:32 AM
yeah the fm transmitters seem like agood idea at the time... :) i too arent crash hot about the sound either that comes from them, but might also have something to do with the encoding...

Pum[Z]
07-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Definetly on a long drive the FM transmiter sux...

We definetly need to find something that can fit into the stock euro stero...

I use the Airplay and if i drive around my area its ok.. But if i drive a long way i need to rechange the stero frequency.. Luckily its easy with the Airplay Fm transmitter...

micatech
07-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey Learner I have been trying to find someone...anyone....to sell me a snhond3 and all the suppliers are in the USA and couldnt find one to ship one out to me. Where you getting yours from?

learner
07-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey Learner I have been trying to find someone...anyone....to sell me a snhond3 and all the suppliers are in the USA and couldnt find one to ship one out to me. Where you getting yours from?

yea... they dun ship to australia....
i ask a friend to get it for me in america

EuroAccord13
07-05-2005, 11:55 PM
From what I know the Acura TSX uses a different stock stereo to the australian model.
I believe we have the sony and they have panasonic?
Correct me if I'm wrong!

We have the Pansonic unit too if this helps.. I was told it was a Panasonic unit when I had mine replaced...

Sean
08-05-2005, 12:59 AM
personly i think uplying the dash will cause some combusture to the main interface, therfore it is in your best interest to get the mxa3 model which will aquire the correct fusion correspondance with the main fuse lay out.

xframe88
08-05-2005, 11:07 PM
This device from Monster looks interesting, the icruze - http://www.monstercable.com/icruze/

xframe88
08-05-2005, 11:20 PM
infact, heres a big roundup of car ipod options - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1749982,00.asp

All of these rely on a cd changer input, whcih I assme we dont have with out dash mounted changers?

Nickt
17-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Sounds interesting but how does it all fit in with the "Aux" button on the Stereo?

I assume if you open up the dash, you will find some RCA inputs...wouldn't it then just be a case of running some RCA's out into the cabin so you can plug in your iPod and then just control the IPod directly?

Can anyone confirm how the "Aux" can be utilised and whether they have tried this?

learner
17-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Sounds interesting but how does it all fit in with the "Aux" button on the Stereo?

I assume if you open up the dash, you will find some RCA inputs...wouldn't it then just be a case of running some RCA's out into the cabin so you can plug in your iPod and then just control the IPod directly?

Can anyone confirm how the "Aux" can be utilised and whether they have tried this?

nickt... 100% there is NO RCA inputs at the factory HU.
you have to had a device like snhond3 to use the AUX function.

BTW... my friend just mailed the snhond3... i should get it on friday or sth.
will update this later

Nickt
17-05-2005, 04:04 PM
I just read up on the snhond3...looks like thats exactly what I'm talking about!

But for an IPod you will need the converter to allow for a 3.5mm jack unless you have one of those 3.5 to dual RCA leads from your computer (if you have a surround speaker system on your PC, it should come with one of these cables...that's how I used to plug my iPod into the HU in my 200SX. Had an Alpine HU with multiple RCA inputs...ran RCA from the rear of the HU to an RCA socket flush mounted into the side of the console (near the driver's left leg) and then plugged the PC cable into the socket and into the iPod and oila! Worked really well as I had the iPod in a mobile phone holder just down to my left.

Could easily do the same in the Euro with the snhond3 by the sound of things...

nEUROtic
17-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Why dont you just use the itrip, or even the cheap rip offs. Ipod could sit in the center console tray.

They are like 50 bucks

Pum[Z]
17-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Why dont you just use the itrip, or even the cheap rip offs. Ipod could sit in the center console tray.

They are like 50 bucks

As i said before FM transmitters sux when out for a long drive... U need to retune it to different FM frequency every 10 minutes...

From my home to workplace the FM transmitter works fine.. ( I live 10 minutes away from work).. But to go anywhere else i might as well just burn CD's and bung it in the CD changer rather then use the FM transmitter...

Plus the quality is something left to be desired with FM transmitters..

xframe88
18-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Just to confirm again people, no-one has yet proved that the snhond3 interface works in oz, infact, its almost gauranteed not to as its designed for the USA, which uses a completely different stereo system.

learner, if you are really getting one, please, end the suspense and let us know once and for all if it works, PLEEEAASSEE

learner
18-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Just to confirm again people, no-one has yet proved that the snhond3 interface works in oz, infact, its almost gauranteed not to as its designed for the USA, which uses a completely different stereo system.

learner, if you are really getting one, please, end the suspense and let us know once and for all if it works, PLEEEAASSEE

yes.... 100% i will have it on this friday.

05Euro
08-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Take a look at a post I just made in another thread regarding the Dension Ice Link Plus. You don't require the SNHOND3 if you use that product.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=455677

chop_sticks
12-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Id be very interested if someone gets their ipod working through the euro's sound system. Ive been using the itrip and its not too bad, just sometimes you can hear the faintest interfearance.

05Euro
12-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Id be very interested if someone gets their ipod working through the euro's sound system. Ive been using the itrip and its not too bad, just sometimes you can hear the faintest interfearance.
umm.. see my post above!

sodaz
12-10-2005, 05:46 PM
This is great. Now i can use my ipod in my car instead of being only limited to cds.