PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] WhiteLine Rear Sway Bar with Photo Comparison

EuroAccord13
05-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Here is a photo comparison between the OEM and WhiteLine's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/IMG_8488.jpg

It's slightly thicker over the OEM one but almost TWICE as heavy...

Fitment wise... For my car, it was easy due to me running a single outlet zorst, for Yfin, it was harder because of the OEM dual outlet :p ...

We did the fitment without a hoist therefore I had to fit under the limited space in the car, it can be done and it worked LOL... Without the hoist, me and Yfin had to jack the car up slightly to remove his OEM bar and fit the WhiteLine in but it was without any trouble.

The Sway Bar came with it's own Polyutherene(?) bushes as well.. And Grease...

I haven't had a good test with it but I'll leave it to Yfin who is now on his way home and giving it a good test so I'll leave the comment on whether it's a worthy mod or not to him :)

I'll post more undercar photos of the Sway Bar tomorrow if I have time.... :)

CHEERS

VirIIx
05-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Good to hear it's all working!

I'll be looking forward to hearing the results

c'mon Yfin hurry home :p

adammet04
05-05-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah will get one if its worth it too. . :) must stay awake for reply......must not yawn.....

wynode
05-05-2005, 10:22 PM
It's slightly thicker over the OEM one but almost TWICE as heavy...

That's a good thing! The stock one might even be hollow (some are).

Whats the diameter increase from stock? A thick rear sway bar does wonders for FWD cars!

yfin
05-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Jury is still out chaps. Something is clunking at the rear of the car - not so much when cornering but when going over uneven surfaces or bumps. Nick and I will look at it tomorrow and work out what is wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas? A quick look under the car and everything looks in order. Sounds like something is hitting the exhaust.

Slugoid
05-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Stock is 14mm, the Whiteline one is 18mm.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16435

yfin - to pull the stock swaybar out, u needed to have remove a clip or something that latches onto the exhaust yeah?? I reckon it's the exhaust hitting something or the clip not placed properly.

Chris_F
05-05-2005, 11:31 PM
its not just a rattle is it? i have a weird rattle that comes from the back of the car when goin over slight bumps etc. I'm really considering one of these bars... the fact that it's heavier is a good sign

yfin
06-05-2005, 06:29 AM
yfin - to pull the stock swaybar out, u needed to have remove a clip or something that latches onto the exhaust yeah?? I reckon it's the exhaust hitting something or the clip not placed properly.

No - we left the exhaust as is. We managed to slide it out but it took a bit of time. To get the whiteline bar in we took one of the wheels off.

I had a quick look under the car this morning - the exhaust is a fair way from the bar. Not sure what this is.

ChrisF it is definately not a rattle - it is a clunk. Something is knocking back there.

Matell
06-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Had to jack one of the cars and take a wheel off????? :confused:

That's a bugger, I installed my 22mm bar without a problem just had to feed the bar in carefully in the same manner that you took the stock one out.

Make sure you re-check the torque on all the bolts. I get an occasional clunk as well, but I have rubber bushings not poly. One of these days I'll get back under there and grease them up to see if that makes a difference.

Off the top of my head, if you've greased the bushings thoroughly, torqued the backets, and endlinks to spec I'm not sure what could be causing the clunking. Good luck on sorting it out.

baboo
06-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Oh hoho, I can't wait for mine!!!

yfin
06-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Make sure you re-check the torque on all the bolts. I get an occasional clunk as well, but I have rubber bushings not poly. One of these days I'll get back under there and grease them up to see if that makes a difference.

Off the top of my head, if you've greased the bushings thoroughly, torqued the backets, and endlinks to spec I'm not sure what could be causing the clunking. Good luck on sorting it out.

It is an occassional clunk - and mostly happens going in a straight line - low speed - over small imperfections in the road. Going around corners seems fine. We will check all the bolts later this evening - regreasing the bushes is a good idea.

I will not be happy if this cannot be sorted out :(

Chris_F
06-05-2005, 10:19 AM
damn, shame your having problems with it. It'll sort itself out tho i recon. Happy with it otherwise?

EuroAccord13
06-05-2005, 10:40 AM
I had a good run with the car this morning and I must say that this is a Bang For Your Buck Mod....

My call on this is YES it works... Definately LESS roll at corners and definately STIFFER up the rear end LOL!

Steering response wise, yet to feel it sadly.... Maybe I need more speed.... will update as I go.. :)

Matell, did you do yours on a hoist or on the ground, I'm just curious how the Sway Bar went in if you did it on the ground :) because on a hoist, the Sway Bar can slide out perpendicular to the underbody of the which in our case was impossible to do even if we did jack the car up all the way....

CHEERS

yfin
06-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Update on my problem - called Whiteline - they said to check how tight the links are. Even half a turn on one bolt can make a difference between the sway bar moving or not. They think my sway bar is moving.

Fingers crossed this suggestion works! :o

Here is my preliminary review. I think it will change after a week or two.

Review of Swaybar
The car is really flat around corners now - it is quite amazing the first time I felt that. It is like a Mini Cooper around corners and very stiff at the rear. You could probably get the car on 3 wheels if you tried hard enough! I need to now re-learn the limits of the handling which could take some time.

Previously I knew the limit by feeling the rear end become unsettled. The car would give me heaps of warning and say "are you sure you want to proceed with this?" - then if you keep pushing there would be more and more roll but the car would still get around the corner.

Now where is the warning? There is no roll - it is a totally new learning experience where the limit is - and you probably need a track to find it. I do not feel confident with the car at the moment so am leaving the VSA on. It has changed the handling that much.

I have noticed when cornering there is LESS grip at the front - tyres squeal much more when pushed. The trade off on less body roll is less front end grip. I am worried about spinning the car on its axis (which is unlikely as I have not seen any oversteer). It is just the unfamiliarity of the handling that plays tricks on your mind.

The steering feels slightly different - somewhat lighter and the car follows the camber of the road too much. Combined with 225 wide tyres - If I am not holding the steering wheel with a relatively firm grip the car will veer off. I think the weight of my rims contribute to this - they are light and are too easily change direction. The car generally wants to change direction with the Whiteline- and likes doing so - more than before.

I think this is a good mod but I need to get used to the different handling characteristics. The car is very different now. I am sure the potential is there to take corners faster - but I need to find the limit of the front end. The OEM sway inspired more confidence for the average driver because the car held the corner with less tyre squeal (but with progressive roll at the rear). Now the Whiteline bar has no roll but more front end tyre squeal. It is not necessarily a bad thing - it is just you need to re-learn the limits and find the "warning signs" that I used to know with the stock car.

In my view the mod is not worthwhile unless you are a "spirited" Euro driver. If you normally turn into side streets at 30kph - don't both applying. You need to be someone who likes to push the car around corners.

adammet04
06-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Thats a good enough review for me...will be interested to hear about the bumping/knocking issue reported and the fix......thanks for a decent review too...was half expecting....."yeah its good" as seen in some other websites: (Read ozhonda people rocks !) :)

i wonder if a front bar etc would effect the handling...what about a wheel alingment too? would that keep the car straight?

Matell
06-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Well put yfin! :thumbsup: You should gain confidence pretty quickly. Find a nice stretch of secluded road and do some slaloms first with the VSA on, and then with it off. That will help build your confidence.

No hoist or jacking at all. I have a slightly angled driveway so I reversed up into the garage so the rear wheels were on the flat garage floor, and the front wheels on the drive. This angled the rear up quite nicely. I've checked the torque more than a few times, and each time the car was level.

I followed the instructions that came with the bar (in this case Comptech) and just guided the bar out, and the new one in. I can't remember the procedure but it was simple and intuitive.

When another Brissy owner gets one I'll come and install it for them, and I'll document the jack/hoist free handling procedure to extract the bar.

(Hondata IMG install this weekend, followed by cutting up the cat converter lower heat shield so I can put that sucker back on! :D)

Peekay34
06-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I think I may know what your issue is. I put some hose around the sway bar and then a hose clamp around that it on the bar on the innner next to the mounts to the car (both sides). This stops the bar moving side ways. Try this as a friends RX8 had this issue but no longer.

Chris_F
06-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Matell, i'll be ordering one soon - i might have to take you up on that offer if there are no earlier takers.

Hondata IMG?? whats that

And ahve you thought about high-flow cat? or is that illeagle?

Matell
06-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Not a prob Chris. Let me know when you've got it. IMG an intake manifold gasket. I can explain the theory behind it if need be.

And yep...I've spent this not particularly productive short week at work looking into high flow cats. I'm not going to be the first guinea pig so I'm holding out till one of the TSX guys in the US has done this swap out.

Chris_F
06-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok thanks :).

Ahhh, the whole heatshield thing - i've heard they are good for a few horsepower and lower intake temperatures or something?

Yea good idea, i'm expecting a high flow cat to make more gains than a cat back exhaust. Sometime next-year (probably after you've replaced yours) i'm looking at just changing the cat and the mufflers which could work out alright.

For some reason i thought it was illeagle to swap the stock cat out before it gave way:confused:

Matell
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM
For some reason i thought it was illeagle to swap the stock cat out before it gave way:confused:

Yes I was of that belief also...I've yet to come across anything in Australia that states that. That doesn't mean it's not relevant, just that I've yet to ask the right people the right questions.

I put some hose around the sway bar and a hose clamp around that it on the bar on the innner next to the mounts to the car (both sides). This stops the bar moving side ways. Try this as a friends RX8 had this issue but no longer.

Back on topic, Peekay34 great idea!. I might also do that this weekend.

yfin
06-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Gents all fixed! Woo hoo! :D Thanks for your suggestions - we loosened everything then tightened the end links extra tight. The clunking has gone. :D

The other bonus is - in my review I mention problems with front end grip - well that is definately now much better. The bar must have been slipping last night causing the front end to feel light. That is why I mentioned I wasn't feeling so confident as the car felt light at the front (there was not enough grip at the front). I feel much better now with the car as the front is more planted and the tyres feel less inclined to break away.

Nick and I went for a drive and it is fantastic! I won't go on about how hard we took corners etc as that is just silly - it certainly changes direction faster and is less inclined to pitch and roll. This is a must have mod if you love corners. The only thing is you will be shopping for tyres sooner as you will be hunting corners more often :)

Must have mod. Buy the whiteline bar. You will love it :thumbsup: Enough said. Big thanks to Peekay for helping us buy the sway bar! :wave: And Nick for helping with the install!

yfin
06-05-2005, 07:31 PM
i wonder if a front bar etc would effect the handling...what about a wheel alingment too? would that keep the car straight?

I don't think I will get a front bar for a while - the sway bar feels good enough and the car is quite darty at the front as is - ie it changes direction SO easily.

Re alignment - I think my car is aligned. On a PERFECT road it will not veer. The combination of 6kg rims, 225 wide tyres and now the sway cause the car to change direction very easily. If I am not holding the wheel it will just follow the road - but follow it fast :thumbdwn:

EuroAccord13
06-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Like Yfin said..

He was taking corners like there was no tomorrow... And I have to say A BIG YES TO IT being a BANG FOR YOUR BUCK MOD! The car steers positively I must say!

And also, Me and on Behalf of Yfin would like to thank Peekay for ordering the part in for us at a FANTASTIC Price!

Slugoid
06-05-2005, 08:36 PM
2 months with the Whiteline swaybar, and I reckon it's worth every penny. Better tuck in into the corners, less body roll, and generally more stability with high speed cornering where weight transfer becomes more apparent. My mum was overseas for a while, and when she drove the Euro again after 4 months away, she said the Euro "was turning better". So there you have it.

yfin
06-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Yep and Thorpy says it is "fully sick".

EuroAccord13
06-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo (Russell Peter's Style)

It's FULLY SIK without the C :P :P :P :P :P :P

Anyway I highly recommend this to any Euro Owners who wants better cornering/stability at speeds, less body roll and WANK factor, not like it can be seen anyways :D

euro77
06-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Nice write up!
Too bad I couldn't be there to help or at least watch :D
this will definitely be the next on my list ;)

baboo
06-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Big thanks to PeeKay for ordering the whiteline swaybars!!

Chris & Matell, can install the sway bar with our SS & RSX knob DIY day.

Chris_F
07-05-2005, 10:18 AM
how many did peekay order? - because i haven't ordered mine yet and if there's any spares i'll pick one up :D

Peekay34
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
why would I have spares they ordered and paid up front

Chris_F
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
lol no idea - can't blame me for asking though

Pum[Z]
07-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Nice reviews guys...

Looks like its a definite mod to do list...

yfin
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Just an update on this - I have had this mod for a few days now and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The car corners so much nicer.

Chris_F
08-05-2005, 04:33 PM
good to hear yfin - this is without a doubt my next mod.

VirIIx
08-05-2005, 06:14 PM
great write up yfin!

wynode
08-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Just an update on this - I have had this mod for a few days now and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The car corners so much nicer.
It really comes into its own under heavy cornering. Good to see you like it!

Creative
09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Different car, but still cant wait for mine to arrive later this week nontheless :D

Great review

EURO-R
12-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Can anyone tell me where can get cheaper whiteline swaybay? Did you guys get it from whiteline web store? I got a quote around 228 bucks including GST from web store. Slugoid got it for $190, very good deal!!

EuroAccord13
12-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Me And Yfin got it through Peekay for AUD$165..

Many Many Thanks to Peekay for ordering it for me and Yfin... :D

EURO-R
12-05-2005, 01:56 AM
Me And Yfin got it through Peekay for AUD$165..

Many Many Thanks to Peekay for ordering it for me and Yfin... :D

Thank you, i sent a PM to Peekay:D

baboo
23-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks to PeeKay for bringing up the whiteline bar from Mel to BRIS with him on Saturday, I installed it immediately that afternoon.

It took me about half an hour to install the rearsway bar. It was a breeze to install since I have 1 small muffler instead of 2 huge ones.

First comparison between to 2 bars were the difference in size of the bar. Then there's the weight of the bar, the whiteline one weighs at least twice as heavy as the OEM ones. Obviously IT WILL WORK!

1st impression after I went out for a quick fang......Bloody awesome mod!! The car turns in much quicker, steering is more responsive than ever, the rear of the car sits flat & stable. Very worthy mod.

Now my suspension mod is complete, The rear swaybar compliments nicely with the coilovers, upper front strut bar & lower tie bar. These items makes the chassis of the EURO very tidy.

Again, BIG thanks to PeeKay for ordering the bar for us!

PNR888
23-05-2005, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=baboo]Thanks to PeeKay for bringing up the whiteline bar from Mel to BRIS with him on Saturday, I installed it immediately that afternoon.

It took me about half an hour to install the rearsway bar. It was a breeze to install since I have 1 small muffler instead of 2 huge ones.

First comparison between to 2 bars were the difference in size of the bar. Then there's the weight of the bar, the whiteline one weighs at least twice as heavy as the OEM ones. Obviously IT WILL WORK!

QUOTE]

Baboo, 1/2 hour? that's very quick, you probably work quicker than most of professional mechenics.

with the Heavier sway bar, looks like you are going to strip more interior out to compensate the added kilos. :D

Chris_F
23-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Awesome baboo, i can't wait to get mine and some new suspension. Sounds like it makes a big difference.

Off topic: i figured out a way to put on the DC5R knob without using the nut... i took the nut off and then rescrewed the knob down but holding the black plastic thing up so the thread of the gear leaver screwed down onto it. There's no gap now between the plastic and the knob as the knob is holding the plastic part up. I guess i would have mangled that little plastic thing but ahwell it was annoying me anyway.

EURO-R
24-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Baboo, nice wrok!!! hope to get my swaybar from PeeKay soon...can't wait...

cccoltsicehockey
24-05-2005, 08:56 AM
It is an occassional clunk - and mostly happens going in a straight line - low speed - over small imperfections in the road. Going around corners seems fine. We will check all the bolts later this evening - regreasing the bushes is a good idea.

I will not be happy if this cannot be sorted out :(

I get those clunks after I installed my TEIN Flex Coilovers it really bothers me a lot. It sounds like metal clunking on metal. Also who makes whiteline I am still trying to find a JDM rear sway.

baboo
24-05-2005, 09:35 AM
I get those clunks after I installed my TEIN Flex Coilovers it really bothers me a lot. It sounds like metal clunking on metal. Also who makes whiteline I am still trying to find a JDM rear sway.

JDM rear sway bar is the same as what you have on the TSX. They are the same 14mm undersize swaybar.

cccoltsicehockey
24-05-2005, 09:45 AM
JDM rear sway bar is the same as what you have on the TSX. They are the same 14mm undersize swaybar.

sorry for not explaining myself. I am looking for a JDM aftermarket sway bar. One that is made by a japanese company to replace the factory euro r one. I know what I mean now. Sorry I wasnt clear the first time.

baboo
24-05-2005, 09:57 AM
http://www.tohatsu-springs.co.jp/car_sus.html

They are the best.

LOC888
24-05-2005, 09:43 PM
http://www.tohatsu-springs.co.jp/car_sus.html

They are the best.

Im waiting for mine to arrive, will let you guys know how they go.

baboo
25-05-2005, 08:33 AM
didn't you have Tein coilovers? you find the springs too bouncy?

what spring rate are you getting?

yfin
25-05-2005, 08:55 AM

We sorted that out - sway was slipping. No clunks any more.

Whiteline sway bar is made by whiteline.com.au - an australian company. If you are in the states - why do you need a JDM rear sway? You guys have a number of sways for the TSX which are very reasonably priced.

stephen8512
25-05-2005, 10:00 AM

Whiteline sway bar is made by whiteline.com.au - an australian company. If you are in the states - why do you need a JDM rear sway? You guys have a number of sways for the TSX which are very reasonably priced.

e.g comptech :D

baboo
25-05-2005, 10:17 AM
cccoltsicehockey is a JDM whore!! hehehe.....

bigteethygrin
25-05-2005, 10:59 AM
So what torque settings did you eventually go with?? or did you just tighten the bugger till she wouldnt go anymore?

baboo
25-05-2005, 11:24 AM
12mm bolt is about 16ft / lb
14mm bolt is about 24ft / lb

stephen8512
25-05-2005, 03:23 PM
im sure there would be some sort of differences but very minor...would u be able to feel the effects of a rear sway bar if u have coilovers such as TEIN FLEX's? or is it money well spent on something else?

baboo
25-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Well, coilovers reduces the body roll to a certain extent because the shocks are shorter and springs are harder.

That might also mean the coilovers are working overtime with the undersize sway bar.
By installing larger/thicker rear sway bar if helps reduce body roll, reduce understeer further than fitting the coilovers along.

The effect of a upsize sway bar is noticable, but perhaps not as noticable as with the ones fitted with stock suspension.

stephen8512
25-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Well, coilovers reduces the body roll to a certain extent because the shocks are shorter and springs are harder.

That might also mean the coilovers are working overtime with the undersize sway bar.
By installing larger/thicker rear sway bar if helps reduce body roll, reduce understeer further than fitting the coilovers along.

The effect of a upsize sway bar is noticable, but perhaps not as noticable as with the ones fitted with stock suspension.

yeah thats what i thought as well baboo. cheers :thumbsup:

cccoltsicehockey
25-05-2005, 11:16 PM
cccoltsicehockey is a JDM whore!! hehehe.....

yes I am

cccoltsicehockey
25-05-2005, 11:18 PM

what do you mean by it was slipping cause I have not changed my sway but but also have a clunking noise when going over small bumps and speed bumps in parking lots that are larger but at slow speeds. also I had a camber kit installed but that would cause it. I am starting to believe maybe one of my end links are bad that connect to the sway bar.

yfin
25-05-2005, 11:26 PM
what do you mean by it was slipping cause I have not changed my sway but but also have a clunking noise when going over small bumps and speed bumps in parking lots that are larger but at slow speeds. also I had a camber kit installed but that would cause it. I am starting to believe maybe one of my end links are bad that connect to the sway bar.

Try to tighten the end links on your sway bar. That is all I did and the clunks went away.

cccoltsicehockey
27-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Try to tighten the end links on your sway bar. That is all I did and the clunks went away.

thanks man the noise is gone and i can finally fully enjoy my tein flex coilovers. I have had that noise for over two months and I was starting to regret getting the coilovers. My body who has had three different cars and coilovers on all of them kept telling me it was normal and I was like that cant be a normal noise.

yfin
27-05-2005, 09:45 PM
thanks man the noise is gone and i can finally fully enjoy my tein flex coilovers. I have had that noise for over two months and I was starting to regret getting the coilovers. My body who has had three different cars and coilovers on all of them kept telling me it was normal and I was like that cant be a normal noise.

That is good news - perhaps they loosened the links when installing the camber kit?

adammet04
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
12mm bolt is about 16ft / lb
14mm bolt is about 24ft / lb

Hi

Just got my whiteline bar delivered today just wanted to confirm those torque settings, there are 4 bolts? to untighten/tighten?? i havent checked under the car yet, will probobly tackle sunday arvo...plus i got stock suspension, is there still a noticable difference between the two ?

Thanks!

EuroAccord13
04-06-2005, 01:30 AM
There are 4 12mm bolts that holds the bar with the bushings and 2 14mm bolts on the end links...

You will still feel a difference and better steering response with the stock suspension...

Peekay34
04-06-2005, 02:42 PM
For all those who have been pming me about the Whiteline Swaybar I will be unable to get anymore for quite some time as I am going overseas in a weeks time and will be unable to help. Thanks for asking anyway.

yfin
23-08-2005, 09:14 PM
For those with the whiteline sway bar - I emailed them about checks or maintenance of the sway from time to time. Here is the response:

"There are several components that you should check from time to time with your sway bar.

The sway bar end links need to be checked to ensure that they are not worn (there should be no vertical movement), or that they have not broken. You should also check and re-grease the polyurethane bushes from time to time (3-6 months) to prevent noisy operation and wear of the bushes."

Does anyone know what type of grease should be used? I will need to get some

EuroAccord13
23-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Yoram, any grease will do, I'll be using my Mountain Bike grease (Finish Line) to grease them from time to time...

V205
16-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Can something like this happen to Euro's fitted with thicker sway bars?

(see the picture)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29853&page=2&pp=12

I think someone said it's bolted onto Euro's different from other hondas such as the civic?

yfin
16-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Can something like this happen to Euro's fitted with thicker sway bars? (see the picture)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29853&page=2&pp=12

I think someone said it's bolted onto Euro's different from other hondas such as the civic?

What are you referring to - the cracked sub frame? If you are - the Euro sway bar doesn't connect directly to the sub frame - it connects to links. It might be possible to damage a link but they are replaceable.

Suntzu
18-07-2006, 03:51 PM
/Me digs up old thread = RESURRECTION!

I had a slight scary underdeersteer "situation" on a roundabout, in WET conditions. It was the first time the car has "scared" me since I bought it new.

Inside lane, modest speed, nose goes wide a bit, Stability kicks in and I run a bit wider nearly clipping a car. I was going a bit quick, but not grossly so. Its very possible there was oil on the road as it hadnt rained for many months.

Anyways, I was thinking of fixing this problem a bit. Will the WHiteline bar arrest the understeer a bit? Im looking for at least a 15-20% reduction.

Comments?

yfin
18-07-2006, 06:14 PM
/Me digs up old thread = RESURRECTION!

I had a slight scary underdeersteer "situation" on a roundabout, in WET conditions. It was the first time the car has "scared" me since I bought it new.

Inside lane, modest speed, nose goes wide a bit, Stability kicks in and I run a bit wider nearly clipping a car. I was going a bit quick, but not grossly so. Its very possible there was oil on the road as it hadnt rained for many months.

Anyways, I was thinking of fixing this problem a bit. Will the WHiteline bar arrest the understeer a bit? Im looking for at least a 15-20% reduction.

Comments?
If VSA kicked in it sounds like your car was actually sliding in the wet. I can't see how a whiteline bar would change that significantly as the tyres have lost traction. Better tyres would help.

Perhaps the rear roll upset traction (fairly significant in the stock car when pushed hard) - so maybe less roll at the rear would have helped. Hard to say definitively. Either way, by the sounds of how you drive (occassionally with aggression) I think you will enjoy the sway bar so just get it. :thumbsup:

As for reducing understeer - yes the sway does help make the car more neutral.

Slugoid
20-07-2006, 01:17 AM
With the Euro being naturally heavy at the front + FWD, understeer is inevitable. Solution?? Go in slower and nasty understeer won't happen again. Or get some decent tyres.

As for the swaybars, ALL Euro's should have a thicker rear swaybar no matter what. The bodyroll in the stock Euro is shocking. Got the Euro raised recently (still have my Whiteline rear sway) and I noticed that even in stock height, it was still very neutral around corners. Couldn't say that when it was in stock form, cos it felt like I was driving a boat.

yfin
20-07-2006, 04:16 AM
The bodyroll in the stock Euro is shocking.

Slight exaggeration! You must have driven some nice cars in your time as a comparison. You should drive a mid 90s Range Rover or even try something like a late 90s Mazda MX6 (well it had sporting aspirations). Way more body roll than a stock Euro.

curik
21-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Peekay I want one too! Yfin, is the comptech one better than the whiteline since it is 4mm thicker? Did you really get it for $165 from Peekay? Picked up from Melb? Thanks!

yfin
21-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Peekay I want one too! Yfin, is the comptech one better than the whiteline since it is 4mm thicker? Did you really get it for $165 from Peekay? Picked up from Melb? Thanks!
I haven't tried the Comptech bar and thickness is not everything. I dont think it is worth the effort to order it from the USA considering the cost and shipping. That is my personal opinion. The Whiteline is a good sway and yes we got it for $165 picked up in Melbourne. Whether Peekay can still get it at that price I don't know - it was a long time ago.

curik
21-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Whereabouts in Melbourne? And do you know where he is right now and when he will be back? Thanks

yfin
21-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Whereabouts in Melbourne? And do you know where he is right now and when he will be back? Thanks
I picked it up from Peekay - he doesnt have a shop or anything like that. Anyway he was doing it because it was a nice thing to do, not because he was trying to make money from the sale.

I think he got some discount from a wholesaler, or trade price etc. Anyway, enough asking me the questions- just PM Peekay34.

2jz
24-07-2006, 11:38 PM
I've got the comptech sway bar, made quite a bit of difference, though I wouldn't say stock was bad. Whether it is better than whiteline I don't know. After all, it's only a metal bar. Just get the whiteline, it's much easier to source than ordering one from the states.

curik
24-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Where and how much can I get it for? I went to whiteline's website and price was a staggering $220 + GST.

aaronng
24-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I've got the comptech sway bar, made quite a bit of difference, though I wouldn't say stock was bad. Whether it is better than whiteline I don't know. After all, it's only a metal bar. Just get the whiteline, it's much easier to source than ordering one from the states.
It's because the Comptech is a 22mm while the Whiteline is an 18mm bar. They have different stiffness and therefore are not just identical metal bars.

yfin
25-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Where and how much can I get it for? I went to whiteline's website and price was a staggering $220 + GST.

Maybe the price went up a bit - we got it when it was just released.

I think Repco can order Whiteline stuff so give them a call and get a price from them.

2jz
25-07-2006, 12:15 AM
It's because the Comptech is a 22mm while the Whiteline is an 18mm bar. They have different stiffness and therefore are not just identical metal bars.

Yeah, I knew they are different but what I meant was in my opinion it is probably not worth the effort to source the comptech one from US when it is much easier to get the whiteline one, despite the difference in thickness.
I got the comtech one because I happened to have someone visiting me from the states and therefore was able to bring it.

aaronng
25-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I knew they are different but what I meant was in my opinion it is probably not worth the effort to source the comptech one from US when it is much easier to get the whiteline one, despite the difference in thickness.
I got the comtech one because I happened to have someone visiting me from the states and therefore was able to bring it.
We choose our rear sways based on the stiffness. If someone wants something stiffer than what 18mm can provide, then Comptech is the way to go. Why compromise with something that is not stiff enough for your needs?

aaronng
25-07-2006, 12:24 AM
You forgot shipping as well ;)
One of the Ozhonda traders here also sells Whiteline. Ask him for a quote (Underground Imports).

curik
25-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi black cat, is the whiteline gonna be comparably good compared to comptech despite being 4mm smaller?

aaronng
25-07-2006, 10:33 AM
LOL, black cat..... If you travel on the highways/freeways often, I'd just keep it stock or go 18mm whiteline. 22mm comptech would make the steering too sensitive and it would be tiresome on the highway to keep making sure the car was straight.

Tobster
25-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I really stiff rear sway bar isn't necessarily a good thing and one that's too stiff can actually cause issues -- depending on the sort of driving you do, and how the rest of your suspension is set up.

I can't remember where I read it (I think it was at autospeed.com.au) but supposedly a small increase in swaybar diameter can cause a large increase in stiffness (it's not directly proportional) -- it's something surprising like every 2 mm doubles the stiffness.

You want the front and rear to work together -- otherwise you'll get a really unstable car.

curik
25-07-2006, 11:42 AM
All right, undergroundimport has them and I'm quoting the pricing right now. Anyone has got one from them? How much? Thanks

Chris_F
25-07-2006, 12:10 PM
pm egSi, he's the owner of undergroundimports he can help you out

euro69
01-09-2006, 03:42 PM
hi to all,
i was thinking of getting rear whiteline swaybars for my 05 euro.
just wanna hear from ppl who has these on there car, if it maded any improvements and what they think of it....
also does anyone know how much they are????

cheers

mods may move if in wrong section.

stephen8512
01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
search is ur friend

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19893&highlight=whiteline+rear+sway+bar

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27096&highlight=whiteline+rear+sway+bar

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19781&highlight=whiteline+rear+sway+bar

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20935&highlight=whiteline+rear+sway+bar

euro77
01-09-2006, 06:25 PM
i don't think whiteline makes front sway bar for euro.

tony1234
01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
hi to all,
i was thinking of getting front and rear whiteline swaybars for my 05 euro.
just wanna hear from ppl who has these on there car, if it maded any improvements and what they think of it....

cheers

I've got an 06 MT euro.I've got an 18mm rear bar on mine,it's good. Seems to "tie" the rear end down tighter than the std. one.I got mine from Roadholder suspension in Kirrawee(dont have their no.) $200.00 i think.I wouldnt buy Whiteline gear(had bad experience).Quality control leaves a lot to be desired!!!:D

yfin
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM
hi to all,
i was thinking of getting front and rear whiteline swaybars for my 05 euro.

cheers

Euro69 - I have merged your new thread with an old whiteline thread. If you have more questions post it here.

So do you have confirmation whiteline make a front sway for the Euro? The front sway is actually quite thick stock and making it thicker is only going to induce more understeer. If you are running coilovers, strut brace and a rear sway bar the front does not roll much anyway. So I would keep the stock front sway.

Fitting a thinner bar with the Whiteline rear sway would be an interesting experiment though :)

yfin
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I've got an 06 MT euro.I've got an 18mm rear bar on mine,it's good. Seems to "tie" the rear end down tighter than the std. one.I got mine from Roadholder suspension in Kirrawee(dont have their no.) $200.00 i think.I wouldnt buy Whiteline gear(had bad experience).Quality control leaves a lot to be desired!!!:D
More info on the bar you have fitted please. As for quality of the Whiteline sway - not sure what could go wrong with the Euro sway as it is just a piece of steel connecting two ball joints. A number of members here have had them fitted for well over 18 months now with no reliability issues.

tony1234
01-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Euro69 - I have merged your new thread with an old whiteline thread. If you have more questions post it here.

So do you have confirmation whiteline make a front sway for the Euro? The front sway is actually quite thick stock and making it thicker is only going to induce more understeer. If you are running coilovers, strut brace and a rear sway bar the front does not roll much anyway. So I would keep the stock front sway.

Fitting a thinner bar with the Whiteline rear sway would be an interesting experiment though :)
I was told ft. bar is hollow!Also told not to replaceWhiteline don't appear to have one(if you look on their website):)

tony1234
01-09-2006, 08:54 PM
More info on the bar you have fitted please. As for quality of the Whiteline sway - not sure what could go wrong with the Euro sway as it is just a piece of steel connecting two ball joints. A number of members here have had them fitted for well over 18 months now with no reliability issues.
It's a Selby bar i think these guys sold out to
whiteline(i'm not sure if i got the story straight!).Also told they make them in batches of 10 or so and don't check sizing often enough so they tend not to fit as well!!!only what i've heard.:zip:

yfin
01-09-2006, 09:07 PM
It's a Selby bar i think these guys sold out to
whiteline(i'm not sure if i got the story straight!).Also told they make them in batches of 10 or so and don't check sizing often enough so they tend not to fit as well!!!only what i've heard.:zip:

Ok so you personally have not had any problems? I thought you said you had a bad experience with Whiteline bars (below)? Remember a lot of people read these forums so if you have a genuine issue you have experienced please let us know. I want to be careful of spreading misinformation especially when no member here who has purchased one of these bars for the CL9 (so far) has expressed any concerns with fitment, reliability etc.

I wouldnt buy Whiteline gear(had bad experience).Quality control leaves a lot to be desired!!!:D

tony1234
01-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Ok so you personally have not had any problems? I thought you said you had a bad experience with Whiteline bars (below)? Remember a lot of people read these forums so if you have a genuine issue you have experienced please let us know. I want to be careful of spreading misinformation especially when no member here who has purchased one of these bars for the CL9 (so far) has expressed any concerns with fitment, reliability etc.
Approx. 4yrs ago fitted ft and rear bars to a Subaru Liberty.both bars didn't line up properly(had dificulty fitting them).both brackets and bushes didn't seem to fit(too tight).used to squeak 1 mth after greasing up.Bushes used to move around in brackets,not seated properly.Bear in mind this was 4 yrs.ago.hopefully quality has improved!!!

yfin
01-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Far enough. Looking at the Whiteline site - seems that Selby has been a brand of theirs for quite some time. I think you have the same 18mm Whiteline sway (part BHR80) as everyone else.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/whoarewe.htm

Whiteline Automotive has its roots in the original Selbys Steering and Suspension company, started in the early 1960's making sway bars. Whiteline Automotive purchased the sway bar manufacturing division and retained the Selby's Swaybars brand continuing a proud 30 year history. At that time the company only manufactured sway bars for the majority of the Australian aftermarket suspension brands. Shortly after, we changed the company name to Whiteline Automotive and started to increase both the product range and brand awareness for Whiteline products. The company now markets many separate brands covering a variety of suspension and under car related products.

tony1234
01-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Far enough. Looking at the Whiteline site - seems that Selby has been a brand of theirs for quite some time. I think you have the same 18mm Whiteline sway (part BHR80) as everyone else.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/whoarewe.htm

Whiteline Automotive has its roots in the original Selbys Steering and Suspension company, started in the early 1960's making sway bars. Whiteline Automotive purchased the sway bar manufacturing division and retained the Selby's Swaybars brand continuing a proud 30 year history. At that time the company only manufactured sway bars for the majority of the Australian aftermarket suspension brands. Shortly after, we changed the company name to Whiteline Automotive and started to increase both the product range and brand awareness for Whiteline products. The company now markets many separate brands covering a variety of suspension and under car related products.
Mine's painted yellow and has a Roadholder suspension sticker on it???Anyway a bar is a bar to a certain degree.I'm happy with mine so that's the main thing:D

yfin
01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Mine's painted yellow and has a Roadholder suspension sticker on it???Anyway a bar is a bar to a certain degree.I'm happy with mine so that's the main thing:D

This is really interesting! From what I can see on google - Greg Selby from Roadholder Suspension is the son of Ron Selby who started the aftermarket sway bar business in the 1960s. They sold the Selby name and business in the 80s to Whiteline.

If anyone speaks to Roadholder - please find out if they are using the Whiteline bars or not. It could be they are making their own bars again and branding them Roadholder. A bar is a bar but they could be using different grades of steel - that is why comparing just the width doesnt always tell the full story.

tony1234
01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
This is really interesting! From what I can see on google - Greg Selby from Roadholder Suspension is the son of Ron Selby who started the aftermarket sway bar business in the 1960s. They sold the Selby name and business in the 80s to Whiteline.

If anyone speaks to Roadholder - please find out if they are using the Whiteline bars or not. It could be they are making their own bars again and branding them Roadholder.
That's how i think the story goes.it appears they're making their own bars!!!!

yfin
01-09-2006, 10:32 PM
That's how i think the story goes.it appears they're making their own bars!!!!

Great. So take note people shopping for bars - there is another Australian bar on the market made by Roadholder in Sydney.

Do you know Tony whether it has poly or rubber bushes? Some photos would be great too.

tony1234
01-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Great. So take note people shopping for bars - there is another Australian bar on the market.

Do you know Tony whether it has poly or rubber bushes? Some photos would be great too.
The bushes are poly.I'm looking for some rubber ones(18mm)to fit into the existing brackets(they don't require greasing and don't dry out and squeak)Anyone have any ideas where i can source a pair?;)

yfin
01-09-2006, 10:47 PM
The bushes are poly.I'm looking for some rubber ones(18mm)to fit into the existing brackets(they don't require greasing and don't dry out and squeak)Anyone have any ideas where i can source a pair?;)

See how you go with the poly I think. I havent had any sqeaking in 12 months and people say they perform better than rubber bushes due to the stiffness. I greased them once in that 12 month period (when I fit a locking kit).

tony1234
01-09-2006, 10:49 PM
See how you go with the poly I think. I havent had any sqeaking in 12 months and people say they perform better than rubber bushes due to the stiffness. I greased them once in that 12 month period (when I fit a locking kit).
allright.I'll see how it goes.

euro69
06-09-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah got a mate who works at whiteline... he told me if i wanted a front swaybar i would have to give him my car for a day..... im gonna do it when i have some time off.
also i just picked up my rear today. gonna fit it tomorrow(hopefully) if i have time....
roughly what is the RRP price on these.....

cheers

euro77
06-09-2006, 11:41 PM
I would say the front sway bar will cost about the same as the rear.

EuroAccord13
07-09-2006, 02:07 AM
If you have a close look at the Euro's front sway bar, it's actually of decent size and from the looks of it, there isn't much space left for a bigger one..

yfin
07-09-2006, 02:20 AM
If you have a close look at the Euro's front sway bar, it's actually of decent size and from the looks of it, there isn't much space left for a bigger one..
Apparently the Neuspeed front sway is the same size as stock (27/28mm?)- just stiffer materials used so what you are saying makes sense.

aaronng
07-09-2006, 02:42 AM
The Euro's front sway bar is hollow though, so you could still stiffen it up with a solid bar.

tony1234
07-09-2006, 09:03 AM
yeah got a mate who works at whiteline... he told me if i wanted a front swaybar i would have to give him my car for a day..... im gonna do it when i have some time off.
also i just picked up my rear today. gonna fit it tomorrow(hopefully) if i have time....
roughly what is the RRP price on these.....

cheers
Could you pls. ask your mate if he could supply me with 2x D bushes to suit their 18mm rear bar?I've had trouble finding some.Many thanks.PS the rear bar is excellent!!!:wave:

yfin
07-09-2006, 04:42 PM
To the people who want the stiffer front sway bar - can you explain what you are trying to achieve? ie what handling setup are you looking for?

euro69
07-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Could you pls. ask your mate if he could supply me with 2x D bushes to suit their 18mm rear bar?I've had trouble finding some.Many thanks.PS the rear bar is excellent!!!:wave:

the d bushes should come with the kit....

tony1234
07-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I've got another brand of rear bar and the D bushes were modified to fit and they're not the best fit.I'm not having any trouble with them i'm just being picky:D

euro69
07-09-2006, 06:16 PM
ok i will ask tomorrow for u....

cheers,

tony1234
07-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Have you got a front strut brace for an 06 Euro?If so please send me a pic.and price.Thanks.:wave:

euro69
07-09-2006, 06:43 PM
not listed.... sorry

curik
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi euro69! Do you have swaybars for the euro? I'm in for 2. Pm me about the prices Thanks!

BusterSonic12
08-09-2006, 11:19 AM
i thought about these rearsway bar before, but i heard u people talking about the cliking noise... so ya, anyone solved the problem about it yet?

euro69
08-09-2006, 06:12 PM
i thought about these rearsway bar before, but i heard u people talking about the cliking noise... so ya, anyone solved the problem about it yet?

mines is ok no noise at all....

curik
08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
wow euro69, are you now a Whiteline trader? Maybe you should post your stuff on the traders forum. I am sure there are people who need Whiteline stuff.

euro69
08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
wow euro69, are you now a Whiteline trader? Maybe you should post your stuff on the traders forum. I am sure there are people who need Whiteline stuff.

nah im not a trader..... i just have a friend that work there.....

curik
08-09-2006, 07:09 PM
you have pm!

BusterSonic12
09-09-2006, 11:38 PM
i will think about these after getting my exhaust :D hehehe

curik
29-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Installed the swaybar today. It is amazing! My car turns in much much sharper and there is even oversteer if i take u turns fast enough! Currently I'm at the 3rd stiffest. This is a great mod and very very worth every buck. Thanks Hoang (euro69). For anyone who wants a great price of Whiteline products, he is the right man to ask for.

destrukshn
29-09-2006, 11:29 PM
going a tad off topic, i went for a 22mm rear sway bar, yes there is a difference, but i was hoping for more.

curik
29-09-2006, 11:33 PM
22mm? Torsional and bending rigidity also depend on the material and not size alone. The whiteline despite of its size it weighs nearly 2x the stock one, and the car's balance is very nice with it.

destrukshn
29-09-2006, 11:33 PM
i'm using a whiteline one, heaps heavier than the stock one.
lol.

aaronng
30-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Installed the swaybar today. It is amazing! My car turns in much much sharper and there is even oversteer if i take u turns fast enough! Currently I'm at the 3rd stiffest. This is a great mod and very very worth every buck. Thanks Hoang (euro69). For anyone who wants a great price of Whiteline products, he is the right man to ask for.
3rd stiffest? Did you get an adjustable rear sway?

mugen88
30-09-2006, 09:49 AM

What do you mean 3rd stiffest, I dont recall the whiteline being adjustable?

Pls clarify.:confused:

euro69
02-10-2006, 02:29 PM
yes they do....
they have the adjustable for rears euro accord.
so far only curik and i have them as i know of.....

aaronng
02-10-2006, 02:38 PM
yes they do....
they have the adjustable for rears euro accord.
so far only curik and i have them as i know of.....
I don't see it even in their latest catalogue. What's the part number?

And WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

euro69
02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
yeah it's not listed on the catalogue yet.
adjustable euro swaybar wont be listed on until next year.
i just try to take a pick of it on my car but it was to dark and the pic didnt turn out good.

aaronng
02-10-2006, 02:56 PM
yeah it's not listed on the catalogue yet.
adjustable euro swaybar wont be listed on until next year.
i just try to take a pick of it on my car but it was to dark and the pic didnt turn out good.
What is the thickness of this adjustable rear sway?

euro69
02-10-2006, 03:00 PM
18mm
its the same as bhr80 but just adjustable....

aaronng
02-10-2006, 03:06 PM
18mm
its the same as bhr80 but just adjustable....
Ahh, I see. Why not 22mm if it was adjustable? With the 18mm adjustable at the stiffest setting, it would the same as the BHR80 18mm non-adjustable bar, right?

euro69
02-10-2006, 03:39 PM
im not to sure. i have mine on the stiffest setting.....
i guess it wont be as stiff if i use the first hole but im not sure.....

mugen88
02-10-2006, 06:20 PM
How do you adjust this sway bar?

Can you adjust it while its on the car or do you need to remove it each time?

euro69
02-10-2006, 07:43 PM
How do you adjust this sway bar?

Can you adjust it while its on the car or do you need to remove it each time?

no it cant be adjusted while your in the car.
u would have to remove each time.

kitbkk
02-10-2006, 08:59 PM
thanks euro69 for answering it about the sway bar being adjustable, i also have an adjustable one too, wel Curik ordered one for myself as well when he was ordering his. Well Im having the softest seting where as wen we installed his I told him I found it not much improvment enough on my setting, then he told me to get his to the third stiffest (this sway bar has 4 settings). Then he is so happy about it and we went for a test drive on his car and it even oversteered lol. We did comparison on the whiteline and stock sway bar, the position of holes of the endlink of stock sway bar equals to the third stiffest that Curik is having. Well, I cant wait until I get my car back from the panel beater to set mine to the third stiffest too.

curik
02-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Even though the swaybar is still 18 mm, there are 4 mounting holes on each end, and therefore you can increase the bending stiffness. Sleepy cat, the bhr80 is the same as having this swaybar at the softest setting. Boy I am so happy with the handling even at the 3rd stiffest! I wouldnt recommend having a setup at the max stiffness lol.

aaronng
02-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Even though the swaybar is still 18 mm, there are 4 mounting holes on each end, and therefore you can increase the bending stiffness. Sleepy cat, the bhr80 is the same as having this swaybar at the softest setting. Boy I am so happy with the handling even at the 3rd stiffest! I wouldnt recommend having a setup at the max stiffness lol.
You serious?! So at a rating of 1 to 4 with 1 being the stiffest, you are using number 3?
Say in this pic, which hole is the stiffest setting?
http://www.cloudworld.net/image/whiteline/P2270016.jpg

Now you're making me want to replace my 18mm with one of these adjustables.

And another question, how did you jack your rear high enough to fit jackstands underneath?

kitbkk
02-10-2006, 10:31 PM
from the pic, the first hole on the left is the stiffest.
We just jacked the car up both front and rear, say I could put my whole body under the car. I dont get ur question as how to jack it high enough? You just use the jack point at the rear and You should be able to put the jack stands on..

aaronng
02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
from the pic, the first hole on the left is the stiffest.
We just jacked the car up both front and rear, say I could put my whole body under the car. I dont get ur question as how to jack it high enough? You just use the jack point at the rear and You should be able to put the jack stands on..
That left hole is the same as the 18mm non-adjustable rear sway's hole position. So it should the same stiffness as the BHR80? :confused:

I tried jacking the rear of the car up, and at maximum height, I was still not able to put the jackstands on...... This was a proper full sized trolley jack too.

kitbkk
02-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I have no idea how stiff BHR80 is but the adjustable rear sway bar from the pic is not whiteline is it? I think whiteline sway's stiffest setting hole would be on even more left (where it is blocked next to the most left hole on the left).
Well Arronng, I think you might need to get a taller Jack or you might be able to use a piece of wood. I could just put the stands on the jack points near the rear wheels with no pobs after I jack the car up at the highest. And then the bolts on the end links are ment to be tighen when the car is on the ground.

aaronng
02-10-2006, 10:54 PM
I have no idea how stiff BHR80 is but the adjustable rear sway bar from the pic is not whiteline is it? I think whiteline sway's stiffest setting hole would be on even more left (where it is blocked next to the most left hole on the left).
Well Arronng, I think you might need to get a taller Jack or you might be able to use a piece of wood. I could just put the stands on the jack points near the rear wheels with no pobs after I jack the car up at the highest. And then the bolts on the end links are ment to be tighen when the car is on the ground.
Hmm, a taller jack? That will be difficult to find as this jack is larger than most, unless you have a truck jack.

The pic is of a whiteline, but it's not for the Euro. I'm interested in finding out the stiffness of your adjustable compared to the BHR80 so I can decide if I should upgrade. What was the part number of your bar?

kitbkk
02-10-2006, 10:54 PM
ey??BHR80 is stock sway? if it is so, Me and Curik compared the stock one with whiteline adjustable one, the endlink holes of stock sway are at the same position as whiteline 3rd stiffest setting holes, but as the matterial made are different I think even the softest setting of whiteline adjustable one would still be ways stiffer

kitbkk
02-10-2006, 10:58 PM
its BHR80Z straight from da box

kitbkk
02-10-2006, 10:59 PM
sorry now i know BHR80 is a whiteline non adjustable one

aaronng
02-10-2006, 10:59 PM
ey??BHR80 is stock sway? if it is so, Me and Curik compared the stock one with whiteline adjustable one, the endlink holes of stock sway are at the same position as whiteline 3rd stiffest setting holes, but as the matterial made are different I think even the softest setting of whiteline adjustable one would still be ways stiffer
No, I had already replaced my stock 14mm with the BHR80 18mm rear sway.

BusterSonic12
02-10-2006, 11:18 PM
so the softest setting of the adjustable one is still stiffer than the non adjuctable??? how much was the adjustable one?? got any photos of it?

curik
02-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I think the softest(rightmost) hole is the same position of the BHR80 since the overall dimension of both swaybars are the same.

Chris_F
02-10-2006, 11:36 PM
so the softest setting of the adjustable one is still stiffer than the non adjuctable??? how much was the adjustable one?? got any photos of it?

he was refering to the stock bar

aaronng
03-10-2006, 12:03 AM
I think the softest(rightmost) hole is the same position of the BHR80 since the overall dimension of both swaybars are the same.
Could you check the installation instructions and let us know what is the equivalent mm stiffness that each of the 4 holes represent?

EuroAccord13
03-10-2006, 01:12 AM
I've just had a look at my Whiteline RSB of the non adjustable kind.. It seems like setting it on the "stiffest" setting will put undue stress on the skinny OEM endlinks because it will be stretching towards the "stiffest" set hole..

I'll be concerned about how long the skinny end links can last...

On the safe side, I'd be looking at buying stronger endlinks.

I spoke with Aaron earlier about this and he mentioned that the V6 Accord's endlinks supposingly fits the Euro and I suppose it's stronger than the Euro's OEM ones...

curik
03-10-2006, 01:16 AM
Well cat with cool face, the instruction only says "always start from the softest setting" and nothing else. If the distance from the softest setting is about say 30 cm from the bar, then moving on to the next stiffer setting (which is 2cm closer), you will get less lever arm of (2/30 which is approx 6.67%). So maybe it is around 7% stiffer as you go stiffer than the previous setting. If you go all the way to the stiffest you are about 7*4 = ~30% stiffer than the softest position

tony1234
03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Well cat with cool face, the instruction only says "always start from the softest setting" and nothing else. If the distance from the softest setting is about say 30 cm from the bar, then moving on to the next stiffer setting (which is 2cm closer), you will get less lever arm of (2/30 which is approx 6.67%). So maybe it is around 7% stiffer as you go stiffer than the previous setting. If you go all the way to the stiffest you are about 7*4 = ~30% stiffer than the softest position
curik can you please give all of us more info,pics,price etc.Cause this sounds int........thanks.

euro69
03-10-2006, 03:29 PM
hi all,
as all the talk bout adjustable rear sway for the euro.
i have been advise not to give out anymore adjustable rear sways for the euro as yet..... sorry to all...

yfin
04-10-2006, 08:37 PM
hi all,
as all the talk bout adjustable rear sway for the euro.
i have been advise not to give out anymore adjustable rear sways for the euro as yet..... sorry to all...

Either way - some pics of what it looks like would be good to see. :thumbsup:

euro69
04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
i will be taking mine off maybe this weekend due to getting a bigger one.
so i'll take pics of it when its off..

aaronng
04-10-2006, 08:55 PM
i will be taking mine off maybe this weekend due to getting a bigger one.
so i'll take pics of it when its off..
What's the thicker one that you're getting? Prograss or Comptech? Will you be selling the whiteline off 2nd hand? ;)

euro69
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
im getting mine custom done by whiteline....
i would have to see how the car goes on the new one b4 i sell the adjustable one...
i've only done about 50 to 100km's on the adjustables. due to me driving my new ride....

yfin
04-10-2006, 09:10 PM
i would have to see how the car goes on the new one b4 i sell the adjustable one...
i've only done about 50 to 100km's on the adjustables. due to me driving my new ride....

All very interesting. So what size is the custom one going to be?

aaronng
04-10-2006, 09:12 PM
If possible, try to hint to Whiteline that their 18mm bar is a little too thin and that there are a few of us who went for Comptech because they didn't offer a 20 or 22mm bar.

euro69
04-10-2006, 09:20 PM
all good i will do that. i was thinking of going 22 or 24mm
he will make it to the sizes i want....

Chris_F
04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
can the end links cope with a 22-24 mm whiteline bar?

i know the comptech is 22mm but i think thats hollow?

euro69
04-10-2006, 09:32 PM
gonna try get after market links....

Chris_F
04-10-2006, 09:32 PM
hmm cool... let us know how that goes.. i wouldn't mind a beefier setup

aaronng
04-10-2006, 09:34 PM
can the end links cope with a 22-24 mm whiteline bar?

i know the comptech is 22mm but i think thats hollow?
Comptech is 22mm solid. It breaks the endlinks. TSX owners usually make their own endlinks or use those from the USDM Accord.

I heard that now the Comptech 22mm rear sway come with beefier endlinks in the package.

yfin
04-10-2006, 09:35 PM
hmm cool... let us know how that goes.. i wouldn't mind a beefier setup

Is there any benefit in stronger links before they actually break? I think on the US site I read of one broken link and that is about it - so the OEM link doesn't appear to be a problem.

Chris_F
04-10-2006, 09:42 PM
hmm so a 22+mm bar must put a fair bit of stress on the end links, that must be why whiteline only offers the 18mm size atm.

with stronger endlinks.. that would increase the effect of the sway bar? it would at least give you piece of mind knowing that they are stronger if your going for a thick bar

aaronng
04-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Is there any benefit in stronger links before they actually break? I think on the US site I read of one broken link and that is about it - so the OEM link doesn't appear to be a problem.
The USDM Accord has a TSB on broken links. And I've read of more than 1 TSX with broken links, with 1 of them still using the stock rear sway. But I wouldn't change them until they broke anyway.

yfin
04-10-2006, 09:56 PM
The USDM Accord has a TSB on broken links. And I've read of more than 1 TSX with broken links, with 1 of them still using the stock rear sway. But I wouldn't change them until they broke anyway.

It is definately not a common problem if only a couple of people have broken end links. Those US forums are funny to follow. Someone starts a thread about beefing up end links and they all want to do it. :D It is a different mentality over there. Even if their existing links are fine they will change them.

aaronng
04-10-2006, 10:16 PM
It is definately not a common problem if only a couple of people have broken end links. Those US forums are funny to follow. Someone starts a thread about beefing up end links and they all want to do it. :D It is a different mentality over there. Even if their existing links are fine they will change them.
Those guys are hardcore. Most of them have bored out their throttle body to 62mm as well. Most of them have a 22mm rear sway too.

Omotesando
05-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah its coz cars are so cheap over there... they have spare cash to mod it up.

Every 3nd person drives a Beamer over there lol... relatively speaking the Acura is like the perfect branded vehicle for modding!

BusterSonic12
05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
because it doesn't offer 20 or 22mm :( i might b thinking about comptech.
can we get custom from whiteline too? how much?

aaronng
05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah its coz cars are so cheap over there... they have spare cash to mod it up.

Every 3nd person drives a Beamer over there lol... relatively speaking the Acura is like the perfect branded vehicle for modding!
TSX and the Euro Luxury are about the same price. They are not cheaper when it comes to Hondas that are branded as Acuras there.

But, BMW, Lexus, Mazda and Audi are about 40% cheaper there than over here.

Chris_F
05-10-2006, 02:42 PM
^ true story... i think an m3 brand new over there is only like 60-70k if i remember correctly

euro69
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
yes i can you get the custom one off me... gotta see how much they are first....

Suntzu
15-11-2006, 03:31 PM
What was the verdict on these newer adjustable swaybars versus the older thicker ones? Im keen to get one of these soon so any info is appreciated?

tony1234
15-11-2006, 05:12 PM
What was the verdict on these newer adjustable swaybars versus the older thicker ones? Im keen to get one of these soon so any info is appreciated?
Not available yet (officially!!!).From what i understand???:confused:

euro69
15-11-2006, 05:32 PM
sorry guys no news yet....
but if anyone wants mine im selling it for $150

tony1234
15-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Why r u selling it???

euro69
15-11-2006, 05:54 PM
planning to get a bigger one...

tony1234
15-11-2006, 07:41 PM
planning to get a bigger one...
How big?(mm)?

euro69
15-11-2006, 08:56 PM
not to sure yet...
maybe 26 to 30 somewhere around there..

curik
15-11-2006, 09:43 PM
lol! hoang, even the 18mm on the 2nd hole is quite stiff already, I can feel that the balance is good, and upgrading to 30 would be an overkill.. you might lose traction?

tony1234
16-11-2006, 06:08 AM
lol! hoang, even the 18mm on the 2nd hole is quite stiff already, I can feel that the balance is good, and upgrading to 30 would be an overkill.. you might lose traction?
That's exactly what i was thinking.You wouldn't want to go bigger than 22mm.

TypeG
16-11-2006, 11:11 AM

u selling a brand new for 170

aaronng
16-11-2006, 12:27 PM
u selling a brand new for 170
Yes, but his adjustable is pretty new and you can't get any adjustables for the Euro from Whiteline yet.

Tobster
16-11-2006, 03:25 PM
not to sure yet...
maybe 26 to 30 somewhere around there..
I think it equates to something like every millimetre roughly doubles the stiffness.
There's actually quite a good chart you can download from the Whiteline website that expalins this (I think it might be at the front of the downloadable PDF catalogue).
A swaybar that's too stiff can be more detrimental to handling than no sway at all. There has to be some flex to keep your wheels on the ground -- especially if you hit a bump.

sameol3
17-11-2006, 04:42 PM
bit off topic.... attempting to install the rear sway this weekend... is removing one of the wheels required? to put in the sway bar? or can it be achieved by just putting the car on a incline and getting under the car and installing it that way?

euro69
17-11-2006, 04:49 PM
wheels does not have to come off.
just have to drop the exhaust at the rear. should be able to then take the stock one out, and put new one in...

sameol3
17-11-2006, 04:58 PM
ahh...dropping of exhaust...meaning unclipping the exhaust of the holders right?....sounds easy enough....

euro69
17-11-2006, 05:20 PM
take them off there rubber things

aaronng
17-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I found it easier to take off the wheel. LOL

sameol3
17-11-2006, 05:58 PM
lol ill just have to go under the car and fiddle around...hoping i dun hurt myself lol... i need one of those big hoists xD

aaronng
17-11-2006, 06:34 PM
lol ill just have to go under the car and fiddle around...hoping i dun hurt myself lol... i need one of those big hoists xD
Just make sure you tighten the bolts when the car is on the ground.

sameol3
17-11-2006, 07:29 PM
will do...aaron... and thanks euro69 for supplyin me with the sway bar :D

EuroAccord13
17-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Removing the wheel is easier, just one side is sufficient to create the space needed.....

sameol3
18-11-2006, 05:46 PM
trying not to take off my wheels for now lol...got my rims and i gotta get a smaller spanner to take off the lug nuts cos that area of my rim is small and if i put a spanner in and twist it removes the paint on my rim...=\ so gotta get a smaller spanner if thats wat u call it ahhaha...but yeah ill have to see....
thanks for info tho

sameol3
23-11-2006, 05:11 PM
ah finally installed the rear sway with alot of diffculty....tried someones suggestion of not actually jacking the car up but driving onto an incline....and my golly it was hard lol...man...

ended up unclipping the exhaust to take of the sway and man putting the bolts back on with limited space under the car was a challenge...took alot of frustration and more hrs to do when it should of been more of a 40 min job or so....but with an end result its on....couldnt find that much of a difference...but maybe i was trying tooo hard to see the difference... i think it helps with body roll but maybe i havent taken the corner hard enough to find out... will see how it goes.... and no clunking noises so i guess the bolts are tight enough...

E-Gene
06-08-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm about to get myself the whiteline rsb, and being a noob at installing a rsb, can anyone in Melbourne give me a hand with the install?

ORLANDO
25-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Stock is 14mm, the Whiteline one is 18mm.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16435

Stock is 13mm on the 5AT, it weighs twice as much as OEM bar since the cross sectional area of the 18mm bar is double (189%), therefore, double the metal.