PDA

View Full Version : good dealership service for MDX major service (40,000km)

jamchen
05-05-2005, 10:16 PM
okay, my 03 MDX is about in for her first major service, (40,000km). so i am in the action of searching for the best deal to save my money......
i've phoned eastern honda and they quoted me something like $750... i was like........wtf :confused: and i rang up Courtney and patterson and wow! $350... do ya guys think that $350 sounds right? I am going to bring my own engine oil (motul ex-cess 5w-40), and oil filter (ACURA MDX OEM filter purchased vis ebay)... or is there any other dealerships that are worth of trying?
but i really like the patterson's new service building.. clean,,, bright and you see-through your car while it gets service... :cool:

slidetaker
06-05-2005, 09:37 AM
If it is just engine oil and oil filter and u got them...why don't u do it urself?
$350 for 15mins of work!!! :confused:

jamchen
06-05-2005, 10:30 AM
If it is just engine oil and oil filter and u got them...why don't u do it urself?
$350 for 15mins of work!!! :confused:
as i said, it is the first major for my MDX.... the reconmmended hours specified in the service manual is 5.? hours,,, so i am sure there are other things going ou rather than changing oil and filter...
but i just mentioned oil and filter out coz i am able to cut around $70 down....
well,, i dun think i am that good enough to do major services by myself lol :D :o

ahcash
06-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Remember seeing a thread about Vic Honda Top this and that.. Travis Honda, Frankston was mentioned.. They are not the cheapest tho.

Also, please confirm if 5w-40 is suitable for MDX. I could be wrong...

jamchen
06-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Remember seeing a thread about Vic Honda Top this and that.. Travis Honda, Frankston was mentioned.. They are not the cheapest tho.

Also, please confirm if 5w-40 is suitable for MDX. I could be wrong...

well, the grade of OEM honda oil is 10w-30 and i am using 5w-40 and it had mentioned in the manual that it is fine. due winter is coming soon.... :D

slidetaker
06-05-2005, 04:50 PM
R u the Black MDX with a "Mugen" sticker at the rear?

jamchen
06-05-2005, 06:57 PM
R u the Black MDX with a "Mugen" sticker at the rear?

correct~ :D :thumbsup: ya saw me before lol :cool:

slidetaker
09-05-2005, 08:49 AM
hehe....urs is the only MDX I saw in Vic with a bit of personal "touch" in it....

jamchen
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
hehe....urs is the only MDX I saw in Vic with a bit of personal "touch" in it....
:D lol you should also see me in the night with my 8000k HID on :D:D
i am also taking the custom made air intake..... and maybe twin exhaust pipes each side.... dunno how much would it cost me...

by the way, i've seen a MDX with 20" dubs on in Richmond i think... sooo sweet.... also saw a BMW X5 with 22"s.... they are just a bit overkilled ;)

UNLS1
10-05-2005, 12:26 PM
if u do bring it to courtney & patterson come to the honda show room and say hi!
Ask for james
if u do bring it here and have any probs let me know. in my manual here it says MDX major is $443. subject to change lol

cheers jimmy

slidetaker
10-05-2005, 01:13 PM
:D lol you should also see me in the night with my 8000k HID on :D:D
i am also taking the custom made air intake..... and maybe twin exhaust pipes each side.... dunno how much would it cost me...

by the way, i've seen a MDX with 20" dubs on in Richmond i think... sooo sweet.... also saw a BMW X5 with 22"s.... they are just a bit overkilled ;)

nice to know there're some mods going on for MDX.... :D
intake and exhaust can come after some 20" rims ....still stockies 17"???
X5 22" ain't overkill...it got 315/35/20 as stockies...

jamchen
10-05-2005, 08:59 PM
if u do bring it to courtney & patterson come to the honda show room and say hi!
Ask for james
if u do bring it here and have any probs let me know. in my manual here it says MDX major is $443. subject to change lol

cheers jimmy

lol... its a fate two James' meet up!!!
its nice to know you...!!!
um,,, $443 subject to change... so can i just tell them that i got quoted from you for 443 when i book for the service (i am also bringing my own oil and oil filter so maybe another 75 off??))?? notify me if i can;t! (coz i dun wanna u to have bad reputation :o ) the guy in the service dep. told me i can basically choose what car i want for curtesy car.. so i am hoping i can get an EURO manual for a try.... highly doubt tho~ :(

jamchen
10-05-2005, 09:03 PM
nice to know there're some mods going on for MDX.... :D
intake and exhaust can come after some 20" rims ....still stockies 17"???
X5 22" ain't overkill...it got 315/35/20 as stockies...

yup still on the 17".... the reason for me to keep the stokies is that those OEM tyres are damn good and expensive for that size.... i got quoted for ~$400 per tyre recently....
and plus if i go for the 19".... i am loooking around 6k+ for rims and rubbers... too bad :( also i have to find the one with corrrect off-set...

slidetaker
11-05-2005, 08:55 AM
yup still on the 17".... the reason for me to keep the stokies is that those OEM tyres are damn good and expensive for that size.... i got quoted for ~$400 per tyre recently....
and plus if i go for the 19".... i am loooking around 6k+ for rims and rubbers... too bad :( also i have to find the one with corrrect off-set...

um....what's the stockies tyre? Enengy MXV8??? 4X4 ??? um...I thought Honda don't do Michelin tyres as stockies any more...
There are some nice 2nd-hand 19" under 2500 if you look hard enough...as for tyres...don't go for Michelin and Pirelli....try Dunlop or Bridgestone....Not that u will be using all the grip of those max performance tyre in MDX anyway....remember with 19", u r looking at around 9" width and 275 tyre and that's enough grip with just high performance tyre in MDX....
as for offset....u will have no problem clearing OEM brakes with 9" width...and I doubt u will put Bembo in MDX...so no prob clearing brakes.....
At the end of the day, it is hard to mod anything on a SUV or 4X4, but there are also somethings that you don't have to consider too....all the hard work you put into it will be reward by the fact that mod-up SUV is as rare as they come.....good luck! :)

toE
11-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Leave the chit-chats to PMs kids. :)

-Jimmy

UNLS1
12-05-2005, 10:32 AM
you have PM james!

PNR888
14-05-2005, 01:36 PM
JamChen (james): You are doing well, already 40000km for your MDX.. Still remember the days your family first got the MDX. You must do some serious driving down in Melb hey. When are you plan to bring your MDX up to Qld again.

Let us know how you go with your major service.

jamchen
14-05-2005, 04:51 PM
JamChen (james): You are doing well, already 40000km for your MDX.. Still remember the days your family first got the MDX. You must do some serious driving down in Melb hey. When are you plan to bring your MDX up to Qld again.

Let us know how you go with your major service.

well,, the car was already over 2,5000km when u came in Mel in Jan. 2004..
and after that its always 1000 odd km each months... so i'd say its quite normal... :D well that car is still about 2k to the 40k service,,, so maybe another month or so... :wave:

SSML
16-05-2005, 11:40 PM
why not try a Type S Integra as a courtsey car?

jamchen
20-05-2005, 09:35 PM
why not try a Type S Integra as a courtsey car?

will difinetely try to get a type S. or otherwise euro 6mt is sweet :D:D
still remember the clip you showed me with the celica curtesy car you had for the lexus! :thumbsup: