PDA

View Full Version : BAR test with Honda v8 engine

^^v
06-05-2005, 10:27 AM
http://www.f1central.net/newsphotos/march/a/bara190301davidson.jpg
(GMM) Beleaguered BAR debuted a prototype 2.4 litre Honda V8 engine at last week's Mugello test.

The unit, in a modified F1 car steered by Anthony Davidson (http://www.f1central.net/profiles/item/formula_one/driver/28/Anthony-Davidson/view.html) and Enrique Bernoldi, lapped about four seconds off the pace of a current V10, Autosport magazine said.

Technical director Geoff Willis described the particularly low, small and less powerful 2006 design as 'strange.'

He added: ''In some ways (it's) more like a MotoGP engine than an actual F1 V10.''

Written: Thu, 05 May 2005 12:24:16

source f1central.com

jackosimm
06-05-2005, 09:12 PM
lol moto GP engine hahaa, damn these rule changes, there killing the sport.....:thumbdwn:

LUD02C
06-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Yep, the damm hippies are ruining F1.
V10 is to much money, Ferrari and testing = cheaters, blah blah blah.
Cry me a river.

panda[cRx]
06-05-2005, 09:43 PM
ghey ghey ghey ghey ghey ghey GHEEEEEYYYY! :mad:

bo279
06-05-2005, 10:17 PM
WTF r they doin to this excellent sport...its meant to show the limits of engineers n their creativity. they keep restricting everything!!! i understand about them tryin to keep the $$$ down in the sport...but how does making teams hav to find the limits of a new factor gonna keep costs down?? Id imagine the ferraris n williams wouldve spend millions on developing the 2.4 v8s already..but spared a thought for poor Paul Stoddart...the guys barely keeping it goin, having to always find engine suppliers n when he does, its old spec n hes still 4/5 secs behind the pace. Now he has to get money to "develop"/use these engines.

I think what they need to do to get the sport more exciting is to put the human element back into it. Get rid of all the electronic aids n let the drivers control the throttle instead of them jus flat footin it out of every corner. All u hear out of every corner is the traction control. If u watch footage of the races in the 80s, man, theyre DAM exciting, tailin out of corners n side by side on corners n PASSING on the outside.
Maybe put the stick shift back instead of the paddle shift.....???? but definately keep the power goin....would love to see the 1000hp turboed 1.5lt 4 cylinders...hhehhehe

LUD02C
07-05-2005, 09:24 AM
WTF r they doin to this excellent sport...its meant to show the limits of engineers n their creativity. they keep restricting everything!!! i understand about them tryin to keep the $$$ down in the sport...but how does making teams hav to find the limits of a new factor gonna keep costs down?? Id imagine the ferraris n williams wouldve spend millions on developing the 2.4 v8s already..but spared a thought for poor Paul Stoddart...the guys barely keeping it goin, having to always find engine suppliers n when he does, its old spec n hes still 4/5 secs behind the pace. Now he has to get money to "develop"/use these engines.

I think what they need to do to get the sport more exciting is to put the human element back into it. Get rid of all the electronic aids n let the drivers control the throttle instead of them jus flat footin it out of every corner. All u hear out of every corner is the traction control. If u watch footage of the races in the 80s, man, theyre DAM exciting, tailin out of corners n side by side on corners n PASSING on the outside.
Maybe put the stick shift back instead of the paddle shift.....???? but definately keep the power goin....would love to see the 1000hp turboed 1.5lt 4 cylinders...hhehhehe

Couldn't agree with you more. :thumbsup:
Remember, Toyota, Honda and BMW have said they are open market to supply as many engines as teams need. (more money for them)
Plus they have some kind of structure in V8 racing engines with IRL and other forms.

JDM.Power
07-05-2005, 10:23 AM

Couldn't agree with you more.
Remember, Toyota, Honda and BMW have said they are open market to supply as many engines as teams need. (more money for them)
Plus they have some kind of structure in V8 racing engines with IRL and other forms.

same! :thumbsup: