PDA

View Full Version : 98+ conversion. ATTN: boost, gsi-psi, snowman, kraftkuts

fried
06-05-2005, 01:47 PM
:wave:

so i found a front end off 98vtir, a guy whos car got ridden off from the back (werd).
stopped at front of traffic lights, and the guy behind him failed to stop.

so now, i need help with install. well not really with install, but just want to get an idea of the things that dont fit exatly, and wat u guys have done to make em fit.

(i rememebr kraftkuts mentioning a guard or somethign not fitting?)

thanks.

and thanks tinkerbell (for the lip)

Boost
06-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Yo yo Eric. Good find mate!

You will need the the front bumper of course.. if you want to have the front lip... then u will also beed the 3 or is it 4 bolts that bolt to the underside of the bumper.
You will need 98+ headlights ( hard to find). Ebay has some for sale as i told you before. but they just arnt as good as the oem ones. Especially in your case ur using HIDs. But if you got headlights with the bumper as well... since its a rear end write off like u said.. then that makes it easier. The bumper will bolt striaght onto / into the holes that are on the car now. Guards/fenders, problems??.. none that i encountered. Maybe kraftkuts was talking about something else... ??? You will need the corner lights..screws and lil. brakets for the scews to screw into. The fixing plate and rubber seal that you will need to secure ya bumper to the fender.. but if you dont have it.. u can use ya current one with no probs. erm.. other than that.. that should be it Eric... Good luck mate... LEt us know how it goes..

fried
07-05-2005, 02:15 PM
the indicator brackets.... how do i get those? do they just come straight off the car?
like unscrew them from the car?

fixing plate? wats that?

thanks.

snowman95
07-05-2005, 02:20 PM
did you get the entire front end? ie, headlights, indicators etc etc etc, if yes, it is just a straight bolt on, the bolts for the splash guard underneath should bolt up as well.

Its just a matter of unscrewing all the bolts and screws and then swapping the bumper, lights etc, have you ever taken off your bumper or headlights, indicators before?

fried
07-05-2005, 03:34 PM
yeah its got everything.

cept the indicators lamps havebeenblacked out - he liked the all black look. so i might have to chuck em or something. they seem all burnt inside too.

yeah ive taken many front bumpers off before, no probs.

faijai
07-05-2005, 05:05 PM
the brackets for ur front bumper should be on the inside of the bumper. the black things on each side like clips.

you should alreyd have these. everyhting should fit no problems man.

djgarv
07-05-2005, 05:16 PM
sorry to hijack the thread but didn't thnk it's worth starting a new thread for...is a 93/94 dc2 bonnet exactly the same as a 98?

snowman95
07-05-2005, 09:57 PM
djgarv: yep

Fried: you're good to go, bolt it up and get some pics up

(1 thing I did have troubles with, I tried to use my 95 stock indicator bulbs and the twisty thing (lol technical term) they fit into, they didnt lock into the indicator housing so just keep that in mind)

fried
08-05-2005, 05:30 PM
so how do i bolt/twist/screw that bit in snowman?

snowman95
08-05-2005, 06:23 PM
you dont, you need the 98+ plug, make sure you get that as well when you get the bumper, from memory you can switch them easily,failing that you may need to get the plug from you local honda dealer

Boost
08-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Which plug are u talking about snowman95?
the bulbs that are attached to your corner lights at the moment should fit perfectly inside the 98+ corners.. except the rubber ring seal around the bulb is a bit thick so it might take a bit of effort to fit them.. otherwise just remove the ring seal and replace the seal with a thinner one. Make sure u get "ALL" brackets, bolts, seals.. just incase....

snowman95
08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
hmm i might be wrong, i got an ITR front and the bulbs WOULD NOT twist into the new indicators at all (unless the itr front and the 98+ front are different??) basically my 95 bulb and plug would fit but would not lock into the indicator housing

kraftycuts
09-05-2005, 11:03 AM
the conversion should not be a problem... only thing i found to be a hassle was the splash guard... it wasnt a perfect fit for me... other than that everything else is fine.

Boost
09-05-2005, 12:20 PM
hmm... funny that snowman.... mine bolts all up.. no hassel or anything.. beside sourcing the parts. :)

kraftycuts: Oh... ? Yeh.. seems like some people having slight problems... Although i didnt have any.... but they are all minor probs. no biggy....