PDA

View Full Version : [94 Accord CD5] need help asap with suspension

SV4
06-05-2005, 04:06 PM
i took my 94 accord (CD5) to the mechanics today to get it lowered 60mm all round. but a few hours later he called me and said that he can only lower it 40mm safely before there is a bump stopper in the way and if i lower it more than that it will cause structural damage to my car and to the struts etc. he said the only way to lower it that much (safely) is to get coilovers. i was wondering how you guys did it, coz i've seem some pretty low riding accords with lowered springs. i really want to get it to sit low but he goes this will be too unsafe. i need to call him back tonight or tomorow so any help beofre then will be appreciated

Edited Your Thread Title :)
If you are posting in the Accord Forum, please state you car [*******] followed by the topic to avoid confusion as to which Generation Accord it is :)

CHEERS

Speeder
06-05-2005, 04:42 PM
simple, don't lower it 60mm, or risk your car falling into pieces. If you want to do it right then get coilovers, but its physics, the lower you go the more stress the suspension components will cop and will only spread problems later.

SV4
06-05-2005, 05:04 PM
yea, but i have seen some cd5's down 3-4 inch with just springs. i was wondering how those pplz did it