PDA

View Full Version : [Euro]Mobile Hands free

Pup
06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
G'Day
Absolutely love the car!
Anywho In my last accord I had a hands free kit and it was grate however not wanting to damage the interior of the car I didn't have one installed in the new Euro.

Now i'm missing it badly.

So question.
Who here has installed a hands free kit in there euro? and where did you have it installed?

I want the antana to be on the backwindow this time (was on the front in the last accord)
I have the luxury model with curtain air bags what problems will I have with installing the mic?

Now stay with me here this is hard for me to explain.
Now if you have a look at the glove box the edge closes to the driver there is a large space between the glove box and the rest of the dash.
I was wondering if a hands free bracket could be installed in there so you can't see the installation holes if I take it out later on down the track?

LOC888
07-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Does ur mobilr have bluetooth? Cause u can install the bletooth kit without damaging ur interior, no screws whatsoever.
The mic wires can tuck into the interior trim, no problems...

kam
07-05-2005, 11:05 AM
what type of mobile phone do you have? most newer model mobiles have speaker phone...

adammet04
07-05-2005, 11:29 AM
yeah the motrola V3 has a great speaker phone...ive done a fair few kays with it and the euro mostly down traralgon etc and people say the speaker phone on that is quite good sounds like i was normal on the phone no background sounds etc....i was also thinking about the hands free thing too but found the phone upgrade to be much better idea...!! unless you just want a bracket for it ??

cheers

Adam

Pup
07-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Mobile is the Nokia 6310i
Its blue tooth equiped.
The problem with blue tooth is unless your looking at your phone you don't know whos calling and you need to have the phone in a position where you can see it.
Plus it doesn't charge the phone.
Speaker phone wont happen, I don't want to upgrade the phone since this one suits me perfectly.

I have looked at blue tooth a fair bit, I would like it and could install a cradle in the center concol but the answer button doesn't have a screen to tell me whos calling which I think is needed.

I do need a hands free tho with a cradle since its used very heavly for work and I do a lot of driving and the bluetooth air thing just aint cutting it in terms of power.

bigdongers
07-05-2005, 03:41 PM
there are a few bluetooth car kits out there that do have an external screen.

just get your nokia kit installed by a professional who does no holes installs. Heaps of them do it here around Perth. Should cost about $100 including bracket.

Pup
07-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi bigdongers, do you happen to know any websites where I can see them?

bigdongers
07-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi bigdongers, do you happen to know any websites where I can see them?

http://www.carphone.com.au/index.php?page=listProduct&cat=Installation&subcat=Prestige

http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/category.asp?productCategoryID=1

here is a place you can get brackets from

http://www.ptp.net.au/brackets.html