PDA

View Full Version : Subs

Jezzah
07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey can someone help me with my audio issue, its becomming a mental issue.
well i got my subs installed by some guy (fkn god knows if he was good or dodgy,he sells this audio stuff).... well after he installed my system i started to realise that somehting wasnt right.. i can bloodly activate the subs when i open and shut the goddam door. is it something to do with the connection

btw im running it form the stock head unit with a rca converter.
Peace!

Jezzah
07-05-2005, 11:48 PM
activated meaning it goes "doof" when i shut the door. and *doof doof* when i open and shut the door really quick.

Sean
08-05-2005, 01:06 AM
try leaving your door shut when your driving listening to music.. just a thought.

Jezzah
08-05-2005, 02:03 AM
yeh thats 1 possibility.
butt.. what if i pick someone up and they open and shut the door? fark it'll give me a mental breakdown for 10minute. i can crash from all that stress.

si92
08-05-2005, 06:45 PM
that sounds crazy man! if i were u id actually go to a proffesional and get a once over or go back to the guy and tell him to stop pimping out ur doors!

adammet04
08-05-2005, 07:18 PM
sounds a little dangerous to me...probobly be bad for the subs too....i think its because the wiring that has been done is not correct...he may not have earthed it correctly.. hence the connection when you open / shut the door.. i would get it checked out by someone else...does it happen when you switch on off windscreen wipers or lights ? this would also mean wiring isnt great...where is the amp located?? should be as far away from radio/ignition as possible too (if i remember correctly)

Jezzah
09-05-2005, 04:35 PM
dont worry folk, i got it fixed up.
what happened was that when i closed the door, the speaker vibrated, hence sent a signal to the amp creaitng that noise.
i added a switch to my amp and it solved the problem.
now i can turn the amp on and off, how cool.