PDA

View Full Version : noise from underneath?

civicboy
09-05-2005, 04:21 AM
hello tech people :)
im hearing this 'ticking' sound or similar to that.

from 65+kmph i hear a 'tick tick tick....' noise from underneath my eg h/b...
its noticeable when im near a wall rolling on a freeway....its like the faster i go, the quicker it gets & it gets alil' louder too :confused:

wat do u guys think?

thanx :D

MR-VTEC
09-05-2005, 08:48 AM
it may be as simple as a rock in your tyre, check that.

Nodachi
09-05-2005, 09:05 AM
c if ur exhust gets loosen... happen to mine

civicboy
09-05-2005, 10:01 AM
it may be as simple as a rock in your tyre, check that.wat do u mean by rock in my tire? u mean inside the tires? :eek:

ok nodachi...ill take a look.

wat else cuold it b??????....loose bolts, sussy bushings????? the tickng sound seems 2 come from the front end from the frnt tires

its gettn annoying & im worried bout it :(

bennjamin
09-05-2005, 10:13 AM
If this was a small stone etc in one of ur tyres - then the noise would repeat extremely fast as each or one wheel completes a rotation (ticks as piece hits ground).
COULD be something else rubbing agains thte car as air turbulence pushes it aroudn at speed .

I suggest you jack up the frotn of the car, take off each wheel and look insifde the guards for any new rub marks, loose plastic and ofcourse check both the front wheels for wear and teat, and anything stuck in the tread.

Best of luck

aimre
09-05-2005, 12:38 PM
My mates VL does this, its a bearing in the gear box, does the click slow down when u depress the clutch?

garett
09-05-2005, 12:57 PM
if it happens when you rev the car higher and the ticking gets faster it would possibly be a crack in the exhaust manifold or a leak in the manifold/ front part of the exhaust.

garett
09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
see if it does it when the car is in neutral so it eliminates the tyres and the gearbox

Paul1985
09-05-2005, 01:06 PM
sounds like a stone on your tyre, we recently had road layed near our house and all the time the tar would sort of stick the rocks to my tyres, sometimes i could hear the ticking sometimes i couldnt. it was a pain in the ass, everytime i got home had to rub rocks off all my tyres.

civicboy
09-05-2005, 02:43 PM
thanks ben & paul...i will look asap when i get home

aimre...no it doesnt

garett...it doesnt happen when im in neutral

civicboy
09-05-2005, 08:18 PM
ive checked & there r no stone/s in my tires

franki
11-05-2005, 08:28 AM
get a mechanic to have alook as it could be your tapets, could the noise be cominf from the motor? :honda:

civicboy
11-05-2005, 11:24 AM
its not the tappets & my engine is running fine

i might go 2 a exhaust work shop 2 take a look @ my system...hope that's the problem & nothing too technical.

civicboy
07-06-2005, 01:29 PM
****n' hell! that 'tik! tik! tik!....' that sort of noise when travelling @ 60-150 & from 150 it seems that stoopid noise has gone!?!?
went to exhaust work shop & they replaced the headers' gasket coz it was sorta leaking & they've checked my whole exhaust system & it was fine.

wat else it could be!?
checked tires for any rocks beaded in it & nothing..checked system & no lose bolts/cracks or leaks
its just ****in annoying to me when im near a wall & you can hear it! aaarrr! sorry guys hehehe just pissed off :(

HELP PLZ! :D

ITRBoI
07-06-2005, 02:11 PM
****n' hell! that 'tik! tik! tik!....' that sort of noise when travelling @ 60-150 & from 150 it seems that stoopid noise has gone!?!?
went to exhaust work shop & they replaced the headers' gasket coz it was sorta leaking & they've checked my whole exhaust system & it was fine.

wat else it could be!?
checked tires for any rocks beaded in it & nothing..checked system & no lose bolts/cracks or leaks
its just ****in annoying to me when im near a wall & you can hear it! aaarrr! sorry guys hehehe just pissed off :(

HELP PLZ! :D

hey i got the same prob too....heahehaeh only when driving next to a wall yeah???? makes this ticking noise, got my mech to check it out but he couldn't see nothing at well.....don't know wha'ts wrong with it but everything seems to be fine, car drives normal. IF you find out please let me know too heahehae :D :D :D

vinhy
07-06-2005, 02:23 PM
same prob happens wen travelling at 60-80kmph but only happens at the front right section of the car. but it only happens sometimes. lately the noise has seemed to disappeared. dunno wat it was

ITRBoI
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
same prob happens wen travelling at 60-80kmph but only happens at the front right section of the car. but it only happens sometimes. lately the noise has seemed to disappeared. dunno wat it was

whao another car same prob heahehahe yeah it's the front, mine one is on the driver side

civicboy
07-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes ITRboi! same probs as urs!

& vinhy, it seem to be @ the FRONT DRIVER SIDE as well - well lucky u! yours went away!

hhhmm wat could it beee!?! wheel bearings/hub...somethin' like that?

hahaha ive been running round to 2 other mechs & no luck, they cant figure out wtf it is! :( im friggn exhausted like my fart can exhaust :D buwhaha!

ITRBoI
07-06-2005, 02:32 PM
heahehaeha but the thing is that its only tick small, just small enough so you can hear it and it ticks you off yeah??? heahehaeh, tha'ts why now i drive as far from the walls ad possible heahehaeha

civicboy
07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
heahehaeha but the thing is that its only tick small, just small enough so you can hear it and it ticks you off yeah??? heahehaeh, tha'ts why now i drive as far from the walls ad possible heahehaehayeah, like that but mine seems to go alil' louder, rarely - hahaha same i drive on the left side most of the time...sounds embarrasing & annoying :thumbdwn:

ITRBoI
07-06-2005, 02:53 PM
yeah i know aye..... might go and check with my mech again so see, if i find out i let you know ok ?

civicboy
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
thanx itr...im counting on u :p

Captiva_Blue
07-06-2005, 07:36 PM
My mate had same problem on his Charade, turned out that he needed his drivers-side driveshaft replaced and the cv joint was buggered too. very exy to repair (his was bout $1000). Had a look at the old shaft and the teeth were worn down and chipped where it connected to the gearbox causing the ticking noise. how many kms does your car have because this is a problem for some cars that have been driven hard and have about 200000kms on the odo..

vinhy
07-06-2005, 09:41 PM
hmm the car has done more than 200000kms. fark so expensive to repair

civicboy
07-06-2005, 09:47 PM
good info captiva blue - i dont drive my car hard...just a bit of here & there nothing harsh. i had done roughly 160xxxx

crxzzR
10-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Check CV boots.. could be leaking CV grease..
while the car's moving the grease could be slinging off it and somewhere on the underside...
i had that sound b4 just replaced cv boot all gone

civicboy
23-06-2005, 11:55 AM
bump - went to a mech 2day but he didnt check my cv boots/driveshaft etc but he said that its 'sitting to low' & its bcoz of the negative camber :( & he said dat i should not worry....is dat tru though; the 'ticking' or wateva da sound is coz of the negative camber? (my car aint sittin low low if u know wat i mean ;))

d noise starts when im driving @ roughly 60+ & when im turning, just following d road, going/turning right

ITRBoI
23-06-2005, 12:20 PM
bump - went to a mech 2day but he didnt check my cv boots/driveshaft etc but he said that its 'sitting to low' & its bcoz of the negative camber :( & he said dat i should not worry....is dat tru though; the 'ticking' or wateva da sound is coz of the negative camber? (my car aint sittin low low if u know wat i mean ;))

d noise starts when im driving @ roughly 60+ & when im turning, just following d road, going/turning right

i dont think it is the negative camber cause loc888 is running negative too but it's not making any noise!!! he got his one on negative 3. And about my noise for some damn strange reason i can't hear the ticking noise no more even when i drive next to the wall....strange if you ask me

If the ticking noise only tick when you are turning and not going straight than i think it would mostly likely to be your CV joint!!! Mines also starting to make a little noise now cause of too much dumping the car ahehaehahe :D . tsk tsk what have you been doing to your huh civicboy??? racing i see heaheha

civicboy
23-06-2005, 12:22 PM
EDIT EDIT:
ya..when im driving a winding road(going RIGHT) i slighly hear it - turning LEFT, im not sure if it does make a tiking sound
& LOL i dont drive my car hard ;)

ye i told him its not dat lol & he lectures me lol! :p

shit lucky u huh....hhhmm wat did u do? u drive it normal or hard? hehehe

civicboy
23-06-2005, 12:27 PM
ffs!!!...any1 wanna swap thier EG with mine!?!??! :p lol jks