PDA

View Full Version : respray idea

skywings
09-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I've always wanted a frosted dusky baby blue for my LS since my paint is currently in a terrible state (faded on roof and clear coat blistering off) but am on a limited budget. I'm planning on doing the respray myself (with some help) but think that doing the engine bay will be a pain.

So I thought, maybe if I leave the engine bay the original red and respray the rest of the car black and have red details on black mags and in the interior, I might get away with it. What do you think? (Feel free to tell me it's a pathetic effort to avoid a quality job - I obviously already feel a bit that way! - but also tell me if you think it's a reasonable plan.)

Also, with registration changes, does changing paint color need the whole car to be reassessed? What will they charge?

GSI-PSI
09-05-2005, 06:35 PM
spray ya engine bay the same colour or spray it black if u cbf

bennjamin
09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
To spray the engine bay too , will add another $800-1000 to the price of the respray.
This is pretty much all labour, taking out all wires and possibly engine etc etc .

Just leave the engine bay alone :)

GSI-PSI
09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
hmmm blue car wif red bay, nice lol

vti-r teg
09-05-2005, 07:06 PM
:)
I've always wanted a frosted dusky baby blue for my LS since my paint is currently in a terrible state (faded on roof and clear coat blistering off) but am on a limited budget. I'm planning on doing the respray myself (with some help) but think that doing the engine bay will be a pain.

So I thought, maybe if I leave the engine bay the original red and respray the rest of the car black and have red details on black mags and in the interior, I might get away with it. What do you think? (Feel free to tell me it's a pathetic effort to avoid a quality job - I obviously already feel a bit that way! - but also tell me if you think it's a reasonable plan.)

Also, with registration changes, does changing paint color need the whole car to be reassessed? What will they charge?

Wow you must be confident. I have seen a few home paint jobs and well it certainly didn't increase the re-sale value. With paint I feel you either do it right or you don't do it at all(thats only my opinion) Paint is too easy to stuff up and once you've started you cant really just stop.
I have had my paint touched up here and there by profesionals and my car looks immaculate now.
Is it really worth all the effort? :)

GSI-PSI
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
i second that comment

jnc
12-05-2005, 08:11 PM
i know someone that just got it done...he was soo confident that his mates homejob would turn out awesome...when he got the car back last week..the paint job was crap...looking at the car closely u can see the paint is wavy...dodgy!!!

vti-r teg
13-05-2005, 05:35 PM
i know someone that just got it done...he was soo confident that his mates homejob would turn out awesome...when he got the car back last week..the paint job was crap...looking at the car closely u can see the paint is wavy...dodgy!!!

well like I said leave it to the profesionals :thumbsup:

RUDEF2
13-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Me and my mate sprayed my car 2 weeks ago in the booth in a custom metallic Red and Metallic Black Bonnet, I paid for Paint $400 Booth $50 and he sprayed it for $350

looks ****en Mad best job ever...

Clarkey

**Ghost**
13-05-2005, 11:02 PM
seriously if u arent going to enter a car show... who gives a flyin fk what color ur engine bay/ interior of the doors are

RUDEF2
14-05-2005, 08:30 AM
TRUE DAT......

Clarkey

vti-r teg
15-05-2005, 01:34 PM
seriously if u arent going to enter a car show... who gives a flyin fk what color ur engine bay/ interior of the doors are

What happens if you want to sell the car? No-one would want to buy a multi coloured car.

edw-R
15-05-2005, 07:33 PM
What happens if you want to sell the car? No-one would want to buy a multi coloured car.

I agree with you. When you want to sell it, hard to sell.

franki
16-05-2005, 07:25 AM
:)

Wow you must be confident. I have seen a few home paint jobs and well it certainly didn't increase the re-sale value. With paint I feel you either do it right or you don't do it at all(thats only my opinion) Paint is too easy to stuff up and once you've started you cant really just stop.
I have had my paint touched up here and there by profesionals and my car looks immaculate now.
Is it really worth all the effort? :)

yeh i agree some home jobs look like orange peals, like theyve applied the paint with a reverse cycle vacuum cleaner, i say get it done proply once or do it urselft and youll be redoing and patching for the life of the car. :honda: