PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Discuss Euro Handling / Performance with other more experienced Euro owners

nEUROtic
10-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi,

So im nearly upto 1000km's and looking forward to opening it up soon. Id like to speak to any other Euro owners who would like to compare driving experiences and stuff on msn.

How does it handle? What kinda things should I aware of, or look forward to?

Anyone interested pm me and i'll give you my email. Brisbane ppl preferred so I know where you are talking about. But anyone else who is interested feel free!

Awesome.

adammet04
10-05-2005, 05:55 PM
might be cool to keep some of the info in the forums too so everyone can hear about the experiences, maybe post up the log if its useful to anyone, (what do mods think?)

Im on about 18,000 in mine, prior to that i had a 02 CRV which i did about 100000, and its a great car (euro) to be able to throw around on the road, there the great ocean road down our way (vic) which i drove down at about 10,000 k's and i could only barely keep up with a mate in a stock 2000 celica and another mate in a new (well 2yrs old) 200sx... in twisties its really great, but i kept VSA on which meant i didnt get into too much trouble, i suggest you try driving with the VSA off in heaps of different weather/roads conditions..before really giving it some stick...important to learn the car first, which i reckon you can't do in 1000 k's IMHO...

HTH mate :)

nEUROtic
10-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Wait till we get some response from mods first before we post...

yfin
10-05-2005, 09:26 PM
If people want to share personal email addresses over PM - go for it. If you have specific questions about handling etc you can obviously get them answered here.

albii
10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
i have owned my euro with 18 inch wheels for 6 months and i got to say it handles better than my lancer GSR turbo with 17s baring in mind that that was an awd ..

wynode
10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Wait till we get some response from mods first before we post...
As yfin said.

Also i'm not sure what you guys want permission for?

wynode
10-05-2005, 10:51 PM
i think they are referring to being able to share stories about how they thrashed the shit out of their euros...
As long as you don't metion street racing it should be OK

adammet04
10-05-2005, 11:10 PM
i think they are referring to being able to share stories about how they thrashed the shit out of their euros...

Dont know about thrashing the Euro's but not sure about privacy issues with posting msn logs etc probobly need everyones ok involved in the log, plus clean it up for swearing etc....plus mods might not like loads of msn logs posted up on their forums...just thought it would be better to post on the forum than use msn is all...

I thought we were talking about handling of euro after break-in period...when you can stop babying it....eg speak about what works with tires (stock vs aftermarket maybe) suspension mods (already have a rear sway bar thread !)

Maybe i missed the (intended) point of the thread tho...

my bad and soz if i did....

Cheers

Adam

adammet04
10-05-2005, 11:17 PM
oh yeah

i don't notice the jekyll and hyde nature of performance in the euro... this was reported on the forums before too a while back...some days seems sluggish other days like a bat out of hell performance wise...after i had 10 k service and used the sport shift a little more (mines an auto), the car is more "standard" across the days...i spose thats best way to describe it...

PNR888
11-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi,

How does it handle? What kinda things should I aware of, or look forward to?

Anyone interested pm me and i'll give you my email. Brisbane ppl preferred so I know where you are talking about. But anyone else who is interested feel free!

Awesome.

My 2003 6sp is stock in performance and handleing departments. It already handle very very well considering it is a FWD and reasonable size sedan. With some mods like some other Euro owners did to their Euro, it definitely will make your euro handles sharper around the corners. etc.

Baboo has ordered short shift and gear knob for me and Chris F, we will have a DIY day do install it. You might want to come along and see other moded Euros. :thumbsup: