PDA

View Full Version : ZC Carby conversion? Info Plz*

Kawasaki
10-05-2005, 06:52 PM
I Remember someone saying something about the yanks doing zc swaps and changing them from efi to carby... now i have tried to search this but I have come up blank so any help/links would be greatly welcomed.

bennjamin
10-05-2005, 06:55 PM
check out www.d-series.org . . . there is a ZC recently , with dual carb'd and custom header putting 130hp to the wheels with 0 other mods. So far looks good :)

BTW , AFAIK , backwards converting a EFI engine to a carbied injection is illegal ?!?
Would possibly be better suite to track tho.
Carbs are a bitch to tune lol.

Kawasaki
10-05-2005, 06:58 PM
ahh yes i forgot about being legal :D, carby would be alot cheaper than changing to efi

Cheers

sivic
10-05-2005, 08:48 PM
hmm... but i wouldnt take that 130hp at the wheels to seriously. yanks churn out some really overinflated dyno figures. the honda tuning books that come out of the states are a good example - D15's with just a pod putting 100hp atw. i dont think they even make that much at the fly!
but back to topic - any advantages from a carby conversion would be far outweighed by its disadvantages and it would not be worth the cost. EFI just allows far easier tuning

Kawasaki
11-05-2005, 05:33 PM
hmm... but i wouldnt take that 130hp at the wheels to seriously. yanks churn out some really overinflated dyno figures. the honda tuning books that come out of the states are a good example - D15's with just a pod putting 100hp atw. i dont think they even make that much at the fly!
but back to topic - any advantages from a carby conversion would be far outweighed by its disadvantages and it would not be worth the cost. EFI just allows far easier tuning

meh carbies are cool man, do not knock good old school technology.. if i do the zc carby ill make my own intake as well using motorbike carbs

sivic
11-05-2005, 09:55 PM
dude, do you have any clue how hard it is to tune quad carbies? seriously, carbs are gonna be a step back.