PDA

View Full Version : CD/MP3 Stacker

JA22
12-05-2005, 08:23 AM
not sure if this has been discussed before but will i be able to install aftermarket cd/mp3 stacker to jazz?

i heard we can only install the cd stacker that is from honda. is this true?

Tony
12-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Please make use of the Jazz FAQ/Useful Info thread in the sticky section.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7188&page=1&pp=20

Philip Lee
12-05-2005, 10:04 AM
not sure if this has been discussed before but will i be able to install aftermarket cd/mp3 stacker to jazz?

i heard we can only install the cd stacker that is from honda. is this true?

Short answer:

if u wanna stay with the factory HU, u'll need to get Honda's stacker or use those FM ones.

JA22
12-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Please make use of the Jazz FAQ/Useful Info thread in the sticky section.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7188&page=1&pp=20
i did go through the link and found that most of the info in the link are more related to changing the headunit. that was why i created a new post and i apologise if i have created any inconvenience here.

i was wondering if it is possible to keep the original unit, and install an aftermarket cd/mp3 stacker either in the glovebox, under the seat or at the boot, etc so that i don't need to change the cds so often.

sorry for my ignorance and little knowledge about cars but my concern is will aftermarket stackers be compatible to the controls on the original panel? is it jus a matter of wiring?

i am thinking of getting this for my car
http://www.jvc-australia.com/products/_products_sub_group_details.asp?ID=1183

what do you guys think?

Philip Lee
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
i did go through the link and found that most of the info in the link are more related to changing the headunit. that was why i created a new post and i apologise if i have created any inconvenience here.

good boy :D

i was wondering if it is possible to keep the original unit, and install an aftermarket cd/mp3 stacker either in the glovebox, under the seat or at the boot, etc so that i don't need to change the cds so often.

to keep the original HU, the safest bet is:
- use those FM modulator stacker or
- buy Honda ones.

aftermarket stackers, u'll have to buy one that use the same plug, but it's very hard to know what ones work or not. my friend bought an Alpine stacker a few years ago for his older gen accord and it works perfectly but not sure what system/plug the current Jazz use.

sorry for my ignorance and little knowledge about cars but my concern is will aftermarket stackers be compatible to the controls on the original panel? is it jus a matter of wiring?

i don't think anybody knows yet. maybe u can find out for us?? :wave:

JA22
12-05-2005, 01:59 PM
haha :) :)
yeah..i think i'll head down to autobarn to find out more and see what info the guys there can provide me
will update with any info i can get

dark138
12-05-2005, 02:35 PM
there is a 6 CD stacker option for the jazz its for the original Cd player and it fits at the bottom half of the glove compartment. Dun sell your orignal cd player, its a rip off to buy it at honda and no one will sell it to you.

Tony
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Sorry man, I misread your first post, I thought you were looking for aftermarket headunit and stacker. Sorry..

Your best bet is to get the optional CD stacker from Honda as Philip has suggested.

JA22
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Sorry man, I misread your first post, I thought you were looking for aftermarket headunit and stacker. Sorry..

Your best bet is to get the optional CD stacker from Honda as Philip has suggested.
no worries :)

i called up honda just now and the quote for the 6 cd stacker was around $750! i reckon this is a very ridiculous price to pay and it can only play cds, not even cd-r or cd-rw!!

that why i really hope i can get an aftermarket stacker that goes well with the original unit. :confused:

JA22
12-05-2005, 08:12 PM
as what philip had commented, the guy from wowwicked said that i need a stacker with fm modulator. they currently carry the jvc ch-x1500rf for $479 and an additional of $120 for installation.

http://www.jvc-australia.com/products/_products_sub_group_details.asp?ID=1184

before i commit myself to this, can anyone tell me what's the purpose of the fm modulator and how does it work? is it the same as the ipod fm transmitter whereby i have to tune the stacker and the unit to a certain frequency in order to play the cds off the stacker? :confused:

i heard the sound gets distorted rather easily due to the frequency for the ipod fm transmitter and that is why i gave up on this option and looking at the stacker option now.

hope you guys can advise me more on this. thks

jnc
12-05-2005, 08:23 PM
yea...thats what i thought aswell..if u dont have the fm modulator..the sound gets distorted?

Philip Lee
13-05-2005, 08:11 AM
the simple answer is yes. sq is compromised with FM modulator (works similar to those for ipods.)

u only have 3 choices really. either bite the bullet and get honda's or swap to a MP3 hu or get crappy sounds from FM based solution.

personally i'll go the MP3 hu option cos i can take it with me for my next car.

civ_sik
13-05-2005, 08:38 AM
go the mp3 unit

terris08
13-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Or are there any way that we can make use of the AUX function on the original headunit?

I think I saw somewhere on the net that the Fit in Japan can have an optional AUX input jet just under the accessory socket. (If you have a look at your central console, there is acutally a place prepared for that purpose but it's covered.)
Do you think the Honda dealer guys can do that for us?

spoon fit
13-05-2005, 06:41 PM
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/6406/pict06223qi.jpg
part no. 39112-SAA-J01 2,800yen

honda australia got nothing!!!

terris08
13-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Even we can get it, do you think it's difficult to install it?
Do we need to take off the headunit off to be able to connect things up?

spoon fit
13-05-2005, 07:49 PM
not sure..
when i back to hk, i will going to find one in wrecker