PDA

View Full Version : ED CIVIC:Front upper control arms/camber problem

AUSVTEC
12-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Dose anyone know of a replacement upper control arm combo or a good camber kit for an 88 civic sedan (ED3).

Problem: I went to fit my new camber kit today and it dose not fit because the bushes are to big, I talked it over with my mechanic and he thinks i should try and replace both front upper control arms with something like the skunk2 arms that you can get with camber adjustment for the 92up civics, as the camber kit i have is very limited in its adjustment settings and is hard to adjust.
I need to be able to adjust the camber a fair bit + and -4 deg.

1.Dose any one know if the skunk2 kit can be fitted to my model civic, even if extra mods are involved i dont mind?

2.Is there another company that makes camber kits for 88 civics other than whiteline and kmac?

Can any one help?

Austec

Kawasaki
12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
ingalls camber kit

inlinefour.com

bennjamin
12-05-2005, 06:14 PM
try www.whiteline.com.au for a start if u havent already- they can fit something up even if it currently dosent exist.

Otherwise - is the issue Craig , with static camber or with dynamic issues ? Perhaps a good wheel alignment and adding castor via redrilling the radius arms in your front sussy setup might help mid corner :)

AUSVTEC
12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Ill check out inline...Thanks kawasaki

Hi ben :wave:

I talked to whiteline this arvo as i have a whiteline kit already, Ill get an answer of them tomorrow, i already have adjustable radius rods.

I am in the process of getting new tyres so wheel alignment will be done soon, i am just looking for some options on camber steups.

Kawasaki
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
i believe the whiteline kit is only adjustable by 1 deg. The Ingalls kit looks good to me, even planning to get one but dont remember how adjustable it was i think 2?

AUSVTEC
12-05-2005, 06:50 PM
The ingalls kit is -5/8 to +1

Im just looking up there site now for some more info.

Thanks for the info