PDA

View Full Version : Indy 500 this weekend, GO BRISCOE

LUD02C
13-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Thats right, Indy 500 is on this week and Ryan Briscoe the Aussie is racing.
I have been reading abit from www.indy500.com (http://www.indy500.com)
There was a massive crash that he just missed or something I heard on tv.
Hope he can finish it and not get hurt.

LUD02C
15-05-2005, 05:21 PM
NDY 500 UPDATE - POLE DAY POSTPONED

Saturday?s scheduled Pole Day has been forced back to Sunday after persistent rain rendered the Indianapolis Motor Speedway a washout.

Indy 500 qualifying was to be spread over four days incorporating Saturday?s Pole Day, which was to fix the top eleven positions, a second day on Sunday for positions 12-22, a third day on Saturday 21 May for positions down to 33rd and a final day on Sunday 22 May, entitled ?Bump Day?.

Any qualifying attempt on Bump Day that is faster than a qualifying time already registered on any of the three previous days would ?bump? the slowest from the field. The ?bumped? entrant is then removed from the field of 33 as the filed rejigs to accommodate the new driver.

Because of the Indy rain on Saturday, the run of play must now be reshuffled for Sunday to extend Pole Day to cover positions 1 through 22, instead of the traditional top 11.

Rain at Indy?

Just imagine driving around Indy at 350km/h in the rain with concrete the only thing that can stop you quick enough.

Another update.

NDY 500 UPDATE - PRACTICE DAY 4
Wet weather hampered progress on the final day of official practice ahead of Saturday’s decisive Pole Day qualifying.
Ryan Briscoe completed just 14 laps before rain drenched the Indianapolis Motor Speedway 75 minutes into the session. His speed of 224.371mph was good enough for eleventh quickest, but with only 23 cars completing laps in the restricted dry running, the day was made somewhat redundant. Ryan, however, remains buoyant with his inaugural Indy Pole Day looming precariously around the corner.
“It’s been a really good week,” he commented. “You can really feel the build up this week. It’s been fun to get to know the history of this place, meet some of the interesting characters and fans and hear the stories associated with this race. On track, the Target team has done a lot of work fine tuning the car for qualifying. I feel really confident with car. I got to test it in all kinds of different conditions; hot, cool, wind coming at various directions and intensities. I certainly learned a lot and it’s great to get all time to test on the oval. I feel like I have a lot of the tools now to be much more comfortable out there. Working with Arie Luyendyk has given me lots of valuable information and has had the effect of keeping everyone on the crew a little more relaxed. The only expectations I have for qualifying is to exercise patience while waiting to qualifying and maybe requalify and then on track be smooth and fast. I’m confident that Toyota will provide us with a good engine so we just have to go out there and get the job done.”
The top speed of the day was registered by Tomas Scheckter who pushed it up to 227.804 miles per hour.

civ_sik
15-05-2005, 05:32 PM
go scott dixon!!