PDA

View Full Version : Difference between grounding kits and hotwire kits?

bubblecivic
13-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Can anyone explain to me the difference and the pros/cons it has on a car.

Reason I ask is because I heard/read somewhere that it improves the car's performance in a way? Better fuel economy etc?

Thanks

spoondc2
13-05-2005, 05:52 PM

Reason I ask is because I heard/read somewhere that it improves the car's performance in a way? Better fuel economy etc?

Thanks

Grounding kit is to replace or add some cable to minimise electric resistance between the electronic in order to make them work better

Hotwire is Spark Plug cable, but you may lose power and get engine knock after installing, cos you gotta use their spark plugs also

They will make your car feel more responsive but not real power gain

sangsational
14-05-2005, 04:34 PM
...Hotwire is Spark Plug cable, but you may lose power and get engine knock after installing, cos you gotta use their spark plugs also

They will make your car feel more responsive but not real power gain

do u have some facts from research or personal experience to back up these statements? twmong on clubrsx recently installed hotwires with ngk spark plugs so i dont believe u have to use nology spark plugs.

the hotwires kit, from what i understand, uses capacitors or coils to increase the strength of the "spark" made. people have said that there have been improvements in both power and economy. acr from clubrsx claimed a 30km gain in milage from each tank. nology have some dyno charts on their website i believe regarding gains with the kit. it makes more sense than grounding wires.

autosalon magazine recently tested grounding wires and the results were that there was no noticeable gain. they do look cool tho and apparently they make your the ride "smoother" but many believe this is placebo.

spoondc2
16-05-2005, 03:29 PM
do u have some facts from research or personal experience to back up these statements? twmong on clubrsx recently installed hotwires with ngk spark plugs so i dont believe u have to use nology spark plugs.

the hotwires kit, from what i understand, uses capacitors or coils to increase the strength of the "spark" made. people have said that there have been improvements in both power and economy. acr from clubrsx claimed a 30km gain in milage from each tank. nology have some dyno charts on their website i believe regarding gains with the kit. it makes more sense than grounding wires.

autosalon magazine recently tested grounding wires and the results were that there was no noticeable gain. they do look cool tho and apparently they make your the ride "smoother" but many believe this is placebo.

No i don't, i just know some ppl got some gain from it, but quite much ppl got engine knocking after the mod,and i haven't tried Hotwire on my car

but anyway, do you believe that the spark plug cable would give you horsepower increase? i don't mean 1 or 2 or 3 kw, they did claim that they get 10kw gain on dyno.

Well.... don't know what to say..... Just like ppl asking Mugen or Nismo better :confused:.

ATSEK4
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM

Thanks

I am using Hotwire leads. They are awesome. Once i plug them in i could see and feel it straight away. I could see the revs go a lot quicker and the car feels more torque.

I tried to take it off and replace it with stock leads.

I did not notice any engine knock decreased as i am using power fc.

when i put them back in i could feel the difference again.

didn't do any testing on dyno at all its all about my feeling.

hope this help.