PDA

View Full Version : CAI Dyno Results

Jus-10
14-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Well the Jazz intake is now complete and ready to go. Here is the official dyno readings (from my car). The red line is the standard air box, and the blue line is with the Ruf devoloped intake. As you can see there are no losses at all over the entire rev-range, with minimal gains down low. The biggest gains were made in the upper half of the rev-range where vtec cuts in (2900rpm) with a nice big chunk of torque in the middle and gains all the way to peak rpm.

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=518/1083Dyno-2-med.jpg

But dyno results are one thing and real world driving is another! The day I got the Ruf Intake installed I drove down with the A'pexi and after having the new intake installed I could really feel the difference even over the A'pexi! The Ruf Intake offers much better throttle response and very smooth acceleration. The top half of the rev range is amazing (for a Jazz anyway) and you can really feel that chunk of torque in the middle as it kicks in.

The other thing is the noise. I thought the A'pexi was loud. This setup is in a different league with a much deeper/throatier induction roar. This thing sucks pretty damn hard and even had some other customers quite amazed at the noise it was producing.....

So I guess the results speak for themselves. We have proven that the correct pod setup WILL NOT lose you power anywhere in the rev range, contrary to what everyone has been trying to say every time the filter debate arises. We now have proof and a max gain of 3.9kw at the wheels, which equates to a massive 6% gain in power. Tell me where else you will get that sort of gain for $375!

Pics of the completed pipe will be up as soon as Adrian gets around to it...

:thumbsup:

felixR
14-05-2005, 05:11 PM
awesome.. great review!

JazzR
14-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Excellent review!

Any news of the CAI for CVT?

tonmasi
14-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Did You Have Any Other Modification?

edw-R
15-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Compare stock line. The CAI system got more 3.9kw maximum power at the same time. If you tuned by aftermarket cpu, u can get more power.

wynode
15-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Very nice work!

That's a big drop off in torquethough

Jus-10
15-05-2005, 02:18 PM
The kit was tuned for overall gains and hence why that torque bump is in the middle. We found that with varying lengths of tube, the torque bump was there, but moved up and down the rpm range slightly (depending on the length of the pipe).

It just didn't seem to want to be flattened out no matter what. The chunk of torque seems to come on with vtec so I am guessing that perhaps has something to do with it.

For those interested, with the V-AFC 2 tuned, the car produces max power of 73.1kw at the wheels, but does this at slightly higher rpm than when it is untuned.

Interestingly, whilst the general characteristics of the power curve are similar to that when it is untuned, I now have less power off the mark (closer to that of the OEM box) and a bigger drop after the torque spike in the middle. It is all very marginal (we're talking 1-2kws here and there) but you have to question how much use the V-AFC 2 actually is and whether you can justify an extra 1.5kw peak right at the very top of the rev range. 1.5kw for $450-odd dollars plus tuning? I wouldn't do it again that's for sure. I can say howver, the car is running super-smooth...

I guess it just goes to show how good the gains from the intake are.

edw-R
15-05-2005, 07:28 PM
In this situation, the most power you gain is from tuned VAFC II. Why i say that?? It is because i saw one prelude VTI-R tuned by VAFC II without mods. He got 6-8 kw at the wheel all the way. So, i think the tuner is the most important factor.

Jus-10
15-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I think Adrian knows what he is doing.....

GD1 Jazz
16-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Did You Have Any Other Modification?

Hey Jus, same question here, any other mods besides the intake system during the dyno eg, exhaust, header...??

Jus-10
16-05-2005, 09:01 PM
It was running a 2" cat back exhaust.

That was for the test with both the OEM box and the Ruf intake, so the baseline car setup is exactly the same.

UBH320
21-09-2006, 03:43 PM
all i see is the back of Accord Euro =/:confused:

Chris_F
21-09-2006, 03:51 PM
yea me too! very confused

noodleman27
25-09-2006, 12:04 PM
wow 1 yr old thread

UBH320
25-09-2006, 12:06 PM
worth the ask maybe...at least I asked...just wanted to know what it look like...

STTICH
25-09-2006, 07:37 PM
must just b the link stuffing up from the gallery..

if im not wrong..this should b wat they were...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2536/dfgnsx3.png

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2946/watermarkeb8.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6195/watermarkze6.jpg

and yes...old thread indeed :p

[stealth]
26-09-2006, 01:57 AM
nice setup.. wot it cost?