PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 Teg Speak Removal

dark138
15-05-2005, 01:16 AM
i m looking to change the front speakers of my R and my gf's S. I know i will have to take out the door panel. Managed to get the windows control off. The rest just won't budge and i m too scared to pull, the door will just come off in two pieces. Just not sure what eles i need to remove.

i noticed there is a little sqeaker front of the dash, probaly want to remove that as well. i did a search on tema integra, only managed to find articles on GEN3 Tegs

anyone with any experience?

tinkerbell
15-05-2005, 11:35 AM
undo and remove ALL of the screws and clips

dark138
16-05-2005, 12:49 AM
shit
i managed to get everything out...
i didn't realise the speaker mount has a clip to release it, so i kinda broke that... just the driver's side... and ****! i can't open the door from the inside anymore.!

tinkerbell
16-05-2005, 09:49 AM
you may have just dislodged the door handle rod from its position,

have a very close look at how the inner door handle actuates on the pass. side and compare it to the drivers side to work out how to fix it.

a non-opening drivers door is very dangerous and defectable

dark138
16-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Had a "stroke of genius" when i woke up this morning.
when i took off the door panel, i remembered, there is this metal slot where the inside door handle cable slides into. So took the whole inside door trim off again and push that little plastic nob into the door. (i m just bought front splits, will prob do a DIY to show what i mean. and screw the rest of the stuff back in. Praying it will work and save me some money rather than going to the mechanic to fix my door and looking like an idiot #@%$@$^. IT WORK!

w00h00!