PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket suspension--> Tein RA

.::F[L]Y::.
15-05-2005, 07:23 AM
just got a question in regards to suspension for the s2k...

For those of you who are fortunate to own an s2000 what suspension setup are you running?? Im looking at buying the tein RA coilver damper kit, what are your thoughts on this? has anyone had anyone experiences with this particular kit in terms of comfort and handling? Finally, would anyone have a rough idea how much for brand new Tein RA?

cheers ;)

fly

btw: i did a search on s2ki.com nothing came up.

aka_NSX
15-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Y::.']just got a question in regards to suspension for the s2k...

For those of you who are fortunate to own an s2000 what suspension setup are you running?? Im looking at buying the tein RA coilver damper kit, what are your thoughts on this? has anyone had anyone experiences with this particular kit in terms of comfort and handling? Finally, would anyone have a rough idea how much for brand new Tein RA?

cheers ;)

fly

btw: i did a search on s2ki.com nothing came up.

i have got this set up on my NSX, for me i like it so much :thumbsup: and i'm using the Front 10kgf/mm and Rear 12kgf/mm this is just a standard spring rate come from TEIN, i reckon you wont be disappointed with TEIN products, and brand new i think u r looking at around AUD$2200

cheers

laski

ah8118
15-05-2005, 09:33 PM
hmmm i used to own an s2000, and honestly, i think the factory suspension is great!! firm ride and very good handling.... and i was told by my mechanic that the s2000 suspension is a very good setup from factory. however, if you are really keen on getting a set of tein ra's then i would just say go for it. a mate of mine had a set on his s15 and they were just awesome!!! but the Ra's are pretty pricey... they are the top of the range teins.. prob lookin at abt 3 grand a set at least. my 2 cents.

15-05-2005, 09:37 PM
reason for the aftermarket sussy is because i plan to lower the car...pretty much dump it. some of you may have differing opinions of this, but i was thinking with the teins even though the car will be substantially lower will aftermarket gear keep the handling close to stock as well as comfort.

cheers

ah8118
16-05-2005, 05:29 PM
well, i would think that if you go with tein RA's, the handling would be as good as stock, if not even better. Definitely won't be worse then the factory suspension. RA's are like the top of the line sussies from tein. and they really do spend a lot in RnD. so, IMHO, if you've got the $$ to spend and really wanna dump the car low, yes.. go for the tein RA's!!!! Hope this helps mate!

16-05-2005, 09:02 PM
yep really appreciate the info, i dont think tein RA is the best out there though, how come the tein RS cost more??

speedracr
16-05-2005, 10:45 PM
I have the RAs on my S2K. If you want to dump it, then get a different coilover. The RA doesn't have a lot of perch thread, so you can only lower it around 1.75-2 inches.

17-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I have the RAs on my S2K. If you want to dump it, then get a different coilover. The RA doesn't have a lot of perch thread, so you can only lower it around 1.75-2 inches.

hey man, i seen your car before. is ur car at the lowest setting? or can it still go lower?

btw....pm sent speedracr:o

19-05-2005, 08:57 PM
this may sound weird and is a noob question...but can you actually change the springs of the coilovers, to achieve a lower ride height?

toE
21-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I could be wrong, but I think you can change the springs, but it may or may not be for the better.

Have you looked at any other brand of coilovers for your application?

chris2k
01-06-2005, 12:35 AM
I have Tein RS on my car. They are fully adjustable. Bound and rebound.

Value for money if you choose to track you car. Else i reckon the stock suspensions are pretty good for the street. Overall handling is very good and comfortable when you adjust the settings.

If you want a softer ride, you can also request different spring rates than what they offer. Tein RS uses 10kg F and R.

vinhy
01-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Y::.']this may sound weird and is a noob question...but can you actually change the springs of the coilovers, to achieve a lower ride height?

u can change the springs. my brother has ohlins coilovers and the rear have been changed to apexi springs. it gives the ride more stiffer feel. :thumbsup:

mike@9K
01-06-2005, 04:01 PM
well ive got zeal b6s, and i dropped mine till they were scrubbing. That was not the lowest setting btw.

I dont think theres any point in changing the springs if your getting coilovers. If that was the case, your better off getting a custom shock/spring setup.