PDA

View Full Version : Dropzone Coilovers Need Help!

Dtegra
15-05-2005, 05:02 PM
hey guys was wondering, anyone ever got dropzone coilovers from ebay or any sort of other adjustable coil overs from there they are as we all know quite expensive in australia
but yeh ive had alot of luck with ebay headlights strut braces mirros tailights engine mounts all for my car jus duno bout these ..so cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974641349&category=33586

VTECACCORD
15-05-2005, 05:04 PM
dropzome is actually very crappy stuff, get some HR sports or eibach springs, you get what you pay for, and when it comes to springs you shouldn't cheap out.....

Dtegra
15-05-2005, 05:10 PM
yeh its wat i figured really so friggin cheap on there sum others on there seem quite good $48 usd was gonna get em see how they go coz i mean if they are crappy ive waisted like 100 bucks dosent bother me

sharky
16-05-2005, 10:28 AM
D2 are another very reliable suspension, little known but very good. I few mates of mine use them for track drift. They are $1850 for fully adjustable, aluminium, coilovers.

__arjay__
16-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Like they said. Dont cheap out. The best coilover sleeves (which is wat your actually looking at) is definately Ground Control. They are about $250US off ebay, i just bought myself a pair a few months ago.

You will get a lot of shit from people here because they arent "JDM" and they are cheap. But $250 is actually a lot of money to people in the US. And plus Ground Control use Eibach springs and are very popular for auto-x in US. So u know your not exactly getting crap parts, but if your like me and your sort of on a budget rather than forking out thousands for JDM parts.. Try them.

I personally recommend you upgrade your shocks at the same time. Its something i will be doing very shortly. EIBACH AND KONI YELLOW!

http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/flashback3_pl.jpg

VTECACCORD
20-05-2005, 09:47 AM
The problem with a cheap suspension ro springs is this, if you buy the cheap shit, it tends to be very bouncy over stiff, so your springs stop working like they should.

And to make up for it your shocks start working harder, so eventually they fail.

And then your bushings go.

And then your suspension gets so crappy that you bend a wheel goin over a pothole.

Personally I am running spoon springs/dampers and urethane bushings, sweet setup not to hard