PDA

View Full Version : Engine sound after changing timing belt/water pump

Ironfist
20-01-2004, 03:10 AM
Ok after changing my timing belt and water pump, the engine has a deeper sound (still chatty which is normal i hear but not as high pitch) and i can also hear like this pumping sound?

Is that normal? the pumping sound sorta gets to me because i'm pretty sure it wasn't there before the whole service and it makes a chugging sound instead of a smooth sound. (hard to explain)

how do your cars engine sound?

Car still goes fine, just curious.
(94 teg)

Thanks

vti-2 edit: updated title

Javed
20-01-2004, 07:49 PM
My timing belt is getting done tomorrow and atm the car is a tad chattery... will let you know how it goes!

vti-2
13-02-2004, 10:50 PM
After reading your post a few times i still don't understand what sort of noise you are hearing. The only sound i hear when i turn mine on is the sucking of air from the pod filter and the typical Honda 'tickety-tack' sound associated with the tappets.

revolution
15-02-2004, 12:40 AM
yea I think I get that tickety-tack sound aswell.....Hey BTW how much average to change new timing belt? My car is coming up for major service soon...

joneblaze
15-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Hanny's charged $220 if i recall correctly.

Ironfist
20-02-2004, 12:23 PM
i don't know.. might be the water pump sound. After 3 k's now still makes the sound... but the car is still going strong.

changing the timing belt alone i think costed $350ish so for $220 damn that's good.

soul4real
20-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Is that for a genuine honda timing belt ?
Or are you guys using generic, brand names ?

Javed
20-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Got my timing belt done for $160 by my mechanic. Not sure whether it was a genuine honda belt or not. Still goin strong along with a new waterpump. Damn Honda's are chattery though, even my cousins 5th gen preludeh e just got is chattery.

Ironfist
21-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah mine is a genuine honda timing belt and pump.

Damn $160 .. all up? that's awesome.

I paid $1000 for a major 100k service, timing belt, and water pump.
Expensive but just the peice of mind that it's getting done properly not that other places don't.

Ps. Damn i hate chapel street... some dick that musta been leaning against my car gave it it 7 deep scratchs on the driver side door