PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Problems

cassius
16-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi All,
wondering whether anyone is experiencing a problem that when the rear dimister is turned on while listening to the radio, the reception is crap. Turn the rear dimister off and radio reception is back to normal.

Also, the boot release above the rear number plate, does not seem to work. I have tried the combinations with the lock and unlock position at the driver feet, but I still cannot release the boot in either position. The key remote boot release works fine.

Another, while driving at night, when the air conditioning compressor comes on you can notice the headlights dim. Like there is not enough power going to them. Has anyone else noticed this?

A high pitched squeel / rattle occurs in the dash while going over rough roads. Seems to be comming from the passengers footwell towards the right behind the dash. Anyone have this.

Still have rattles in both driver and passenger doors. Done 6500kms.

Any feedback welcome.
Cheers
Clay

exISeuro
16-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Also, the boot release above the rear number plate, does not seem to work. I have tried the combinations with the lock and unlock position at the driver feet, but I still cannot release the boot in either position. The key remote boot release works fine. Perhaps you have fiddled with the little on/off switch located within the boot.

aaronng
16-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Reception: Could be that the current through the demister is interfering with the antenna reception which is also located in the read windscreen.

Boot: As what exISeuro said. There is a switch that disables the number plate boot release. My dealer disabled it because of safety reasons and told me about it. It's on the inside of the boot lid, a little switch. It's slightly to the right of the number plate.

Lights dimming: The battery is a bit puny. If you don't like the dimming, you can get those "racing condensers" which have grounding wires and a capacitor box, or get a higher rated battery, such as Optima.

Squeal: Not sure if it is the same as mine, but mine started with a metal tapping sound, and now it is a creak sound. I suspect it is a misaligned weld in the rear chassis. Supposed to go for service soon, so I'll let the dealer know about this and I'll post a new thread about what they will say.

Iraclis
16-05-2005, 12:45 PM
I have had the rattle in the doors/windows also. Checked the other forums and found that if you spray the rubbers around the windows with silicone spray it will settle. Worked a treat for me no more rattles from doors.

ECU-MAN
16-05-2005, 04:44 PM
its normal for the head lights to dim
I dont like it either but I can live with it, some peeps here recon an earth kit solves the problem

also check that switch in the boot that exSieuro mentioned above

EuroAccord13
16-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Have a read at this dude ... :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17711&highlight=read+suggestion

cassius
19-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Perhaps you have fiddled with the little on/off switch located within the boot.

didnt even know tha a small switch existed. Will check it out. Thanks

Have a read at this dude ... :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17711&highlight=read+suggestion

Sure did check it out, was the first thing I did before I posted. Its a great resource.

Reception: Could be that the current through the demister is interfering with the antenna reception which is also located in the read windscreen.

I drive a BAXR6Turbo and the aerial is in the back windscreen as well. I do not experience any interferance when the dimester and radio is on. I was wanting to check if this fault occurs with anyone elese euro.

Lights dimming: The battery is a bit puny. If you don't like the dimming, you can get those "racing condensers" which have grounding wires and a capacitor box, or get a higher rated battery, such as Optima.
Shouldnt this be covered by warranty. All cars taht I have owned have never done this. Whether its normal or not I dont think it should happen. Its not a major problem but I think its one that should be resolved.

I thank you all for your responses and again, this forum remains a great place to gather knowledge from other Euro Owners.

Cheers
Clay

PNR888
19-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I have had the rattle in the doors/windows also. Checked the other forums and found that if you spray the rubbers around the windows with silicone spray it will settle. Worked a treat for me no more rattles from doors.

I had same problem too, Highway Honda blammed the window tinting people. and re-fitted the door penals numerous times, eventually fit self adhesive foams in between penals, but couldn;t elminate all rattle noise. I changed to
Austral Honda for my 30000km service, told them the problem, and what Highway Honda had done previously, Austral Honda put some silicone spray on window's rubber seal, and it's been good ever since. now my euro has clocked over 35000km. so------- try the silicone spray. it also protects tubber seals too.

BLKek
20-05-2005, 08:29 AM
With regards to your electrical problems, could possibly be a poor ground/earth, go around all the grounding points and tighten all the bolts and check they're clean (and battery terminals).

cassius
20-05-2005, 02:09 PM
With regards to your electrical problems, could possibly be a poor ground/earth, go around all the grounding points and tighten all the bolts and check they're clean (and battery terminals).

cheers...will do so this weekend. I will also try and spot this small switch near the rear tailinght to fix this boot problem

euro04
20-05-2005, 11:56 PM
I have also noticed the light dimming thing and asked a service centre - apparently it is a common occurence with the Euro, the lights actually dim when the radiator fan/ac cuts in.....

Why? who knows maybe just bad electrical design. They come back to full power after like half a second anyway, so not really a big issue i think...

cassius
21-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Ppl, I must be going blind. I cannot locate this little so called switch to enable the manual boot release button. I have checked inside the boot lid, taken the grey carpet away from the boot lid to find this swicth but had no luck. Might leave it to the dealer.

The battery thing is not a biggy, but its annoying.

Also does anybody else get that interference when the rear dimister is on with or without the motor running?

Thanks Ppl :)

PNR888
21-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Also does anybody else get that interference when the rear dimister is on with or without the motor running?

Thanks Ppl :)

Sorry mate, I havn't try mine yet. I will try it tomorrow and let you know the result.

aaronng
21-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I tried mine with the motor running while driving. I used 104.1 MHz, no interference when the rear demister is on.

euro77
22-05-2005, 01:59 AM
I haven't had any interference to my radio when my rear demister is on.

stephen8512
22-05-2005, 03:01 AM
ditto...

coladuna
22-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Ppl, I must be going blind. I cannot locate this little so called switch to enable the manual boot release button. I have checked inside the boot lid, taken the grey carpet away from the boot lid to find this swicth but had no luck. Might leave it to the dealer.

I haven't physically checked out where the switch is, but according to the manual, it's located on the ceiling of inside the boot. Therefore, you shouldn't even need to remove the carpet.
If you are not sure, just check your owner's manual. It comes with a picture of the boot area and where the switch is located.

cassius
22-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks to those who have checked the interference with the radio.

Will check the manual to locate this switch for the boot.

Thankyou Ppl

cassius
23-05-2005, 09:46 PM
well what you know, I now know what car manuals are for. Found the little switch, and what you know all workies. Sorry for my ignorance ppl.

Still stumped on this interference thing.

I can get silicon spray form the gardware shop or autobahn or something. Do i just spray the seals at the base of the window or whats doing?

MacKinven
12-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks to this thread I replaced the main battery to car earth cable and my issue was resolved. My Accord Euro had been cutting out intermittently for months.

juswork
30-12-2015, 09:22 PM
i know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is looking, on a CL9 it is on the underside of the parcel shelf and to the right of the brake light. Little on/off switch. Its broken on mine which i guess is why my boot lid button doesnt work. \