PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking problem - rear door doesn't work properly

DomenEK
16-05-2005, 12:52 PM
The central locking in my drivers side passenger door (EK sedan) doesn't work properly. It locks and unlocks only when it is cold, or if the car is wet (raining/just washed). It doesn't work during the day however, and is getting quite frustrating as I have to manually lock and unlock it.

Last time I got the car serviced I asked them to have a look at it, and I was told that the rear door actuator (or similar) doesn't work and I'd have to replace it - $300. But it does work, just not all the time. Can I fix this myself? Any other 4dr owners had similar problems?

Thanks in advance.

ECU-MAN
16-05-2005, 04:51 PM
its not hard to fix your self if you have a bit of know how.

I think the fault could be with the drivers door lock actualtor which has a built in switch. a $20 aftermarket acutator with built in switch will do just fine. if its your relay at fault again you can replace with an aftermarket one. I have some originals for Ek if you want a genuine cheep one.

VTC-8OY
16-05-2005, 10:21 PM
shit man i got similar problem.. fkcn annoying how u gotta lock n unlock manually.. keep updated pls, i wana kno d problem

CRXY01
17-05-2005, 01:30 AM
If ur not sure how to fix it, best bet is to take ur car to an auto electrician who should be able to fix it quickly and with minimal cost. Sounds like a simple problem with the servo.

DomenEK
17-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Thank guys, I might take it down to the local auto-electician.

VTC-8OY - I'll let you know what happens.

Tu88y
17-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah I want to know also cause Im having the same problems

VTC-8OY
17-05-2005, 08:28 PM
okay, i got an appointment for my car next week bout my alarm, once i get it checked up n fixed i'll let u'z know the problem, incase its the same problem as u guys have..

DomenEK
17-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks VTC-80Y, I think it may be - I have a funny feeling that it is to do with my alarm...

VTC-8OY
24-05-2005, 01:42 PM
okay i jus came back from lifestyle and problem solved.... It was my driver side central locking door motor... u see, when u get an alarm installed they either hook it onto your car central locking or they put a new door motor in (depends weather your alarm comes with the motor or not), which in my case mine was hooked up to the original motors, which in my driver side was prety much getting worn out, it's just wear n tear... So all had to do was replace the door motor, got that done on driver side cost $30 and DONE! works like beaut!.. So this could just be the problem with your central locking not working properly :)

VTC-8OY
24-05-2005, 01:51 PM
oh btw best thing to do if u wana test and DIY is to open your door up (watever side doesnt work) n test your central locking on and off.. you will see anyway if its working or not, also get testers just to see if there is power running through the wires...

DomenEK
24-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks Mate - I'm actually taking the car down to the auto electrician this week, so it'll be fixed soon.

I know nothing about automotive electrics, so I think it best to leave it to someone in the know.

Cheers.

vti-r teg
24-05-2005, 03:33 PM
central locking motors are a common thing to die (depending on age of car) they shouldn't be too expensive to replace providing you don't get honda to do it for you.

sonny2k7
23-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes I have the same problem as well, it can lock 2 front doors but both rear doors do not work.

AndyPandy
23-09-2008, 07:05 PM
i have the same problem too!!! with my remote control. put ur key in through the drivers side and lock it manually. if that doesnt work ull have to tighten something up(like a screw) something prob went lose. good luck!