PDA

View Full Version : to turbo or not to turbo??

siba
16-05-2005, 09:18 PM
hey guys i own an ek civic coupe it has a standard crappy D16Y engine which i dont even know how many kw it produces anyways i was curious as to wether i should replace this with a B16A2 or just put a fairly good turbo on the D16Y, will this be a good move?? obveously i will do more things to the D16Y if i turbo it to be able to turn the boost up past all these 9psi readings i have read about. if anyone has an opinion or has experienced any of these conversions could you please give me some feed back on both sides and what i could do to the stock engine and the v-tec engine to gain more than the standard kw@ the wheels.
cheers buds

ECU-MAN
16-05-2005, 09:38 PM
what is your budget. Turbo will be better but more expensive and then theres the cops and insurance issues.
and its VTEC not V-TEC

siba
16-05-2005, 09:40 PM
prob bout 3-5grand man who cares if its v-tec or vtec or whateva same sh#t diff word

ECU-MAN
16-05-2005, 09:44 PM
I say turbo the SOHC, but thats just my opinion.

well we dont write Honda, Hon-da do we:rolleyes:

CRXY01
16-05-2005, 10:25 PM
well we dont write Honda, Hon-da do weimages/smilies/rolleyes.gif Good call! It’s VTEC!

It depends what you would like to achieve power wise with the engine?

How much money you are willing to spend?

A low boost setup will cost around 4-5k ie. Below 7psi

If u run boost u will also need to change the brakes, ie replace drums on rear with discs, bigger rotors on front.

But turbo is going to be the bang for u buck.