PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP and Rossi

Vivski
16-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Rossi is a God!! How the hell did he pull that lap out? Sete had the pace, he was putting in lap record after lap record. Then suddenly on the last lap, Rossi pulls a lap record out of nowhere. The things he can make that Yamaha do. Just incredible. He went in so deep on every corner, but still hit every apex perfectly.
And it's great to see some competition at the front. Doesn't get better than motorbikes for a great duel to the end. You just don't get it in the cars. 7-8 lead swaps in one lap, rubbing shoulders at 300km/h down the straight, winning by tenths of seconds. Great entertainment.

jackosimm
17-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Im making myself sit down and watch the next one for sure, when is it lol? Startin to feel the urge to watch it:thumbsup:

Javed
17-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeh I was never into bikes but have recently found myself thoroughly enjoying watching moto gp and 250 cc classes. Rossi is undoubtedly a god on the machine, and at times I think he was letting Edwards have his glory, then decided to pull the trigger when Sete was reeling in. How pissed would you be if you were Sete, you just cannot beat the guy!

dc2dc2dc2
17-05-2005, 11:44 AM
motogp is much more exciting than F1. thats why i enjoy it, races are much shorter and more overtaking and slip streaming. ROSSI is a freak, thats all i gotta say, but i feel for sette he deserves a championship.

Hondavirgin
17-05-2005, 12:26 PM
i'm another one thats never been able to get into bike racing, i mean, i used to watch a little but of the old world superbikes a few years back. Don't understand, there's more passing..... but still don't really find it interesting.....

Vivski
17-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Riding has changed in the last few years. Since Doohan learnt how to ride the things properly and then tought Rossi. The way they back it in to corners and drive it through sideways is fantastic to watch.

I think MotoGP wouldn't be as exciting if Rossi was still on the Honda. It's only interesting 'cos the racing is close and the racing is close because Rossi is on a slower bike.

But Jase, if you are going to watch a race, make sure you watch the 250s. Cheer on Stoner as he's riding really well and the racing is really close between the top 5 guys in thw 250s.

LUD02C
17-05-2005, 03:04 PM
But Jase, if you are going to watch a race, make sure you watch the 250s. Cheer on Stoner as he's riding really well and the racing is really close between the top 5 guys in thw 250s.

Am I missing something?
I think the Schumacher avatar got you confused dude.

Vivski
18-05-2005, 01:45 PM
You're right Jase. Sorry. You guys and your bloody Schumacher avatars. :p

civ_sik
19-05-2005, 09:11 PM
lol i like watching the 250's to support casey stoner hes going well too... and those bikes are fairly awesome...

un_majstk
20-05-2005, 07:37 PM
new lap record on the last lap..thats not very impressive.

give me a motogp bike and i'll show ya its not so hard to do that stuff
:P

LUD02C
21-05-2005, 05:10 PM
How about when they show the on board camera and you see how good these guys really are.

Rossi will soon get bored of the sport and try and enter F1 or WRC.
Didn't he use to rally in Italy?

Sete (sp) is a great rider, he will win a championship I hope.

Vivski
21-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Yep, Valentino has driven a few rallies in Italy. It's certainly a passion of his.
He also competed on Rally GB a couple of years back in that awesome coloured 206WRC.

Vivski
21-05-2005, 07:13 PM
But with the clutter of drivers created by Peugeot and Citroen's withdrawal, I don't think there'll be a seat for him.

Miss Chanel
27-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Bummmp... hehe

Omg im so excited i found a forum where i can express my undying love for motor sports (esp Moto) without being given weird looks (*cough* Vougettes)...

Anyhoo... go the Doctor.

LUD02C
27-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey Miss Chanel

Start any thread you like, post whatever you like.
We aren't nazi and we do like other peoples views (except bagging Michael God Schumacher)

JDM.Power
27-09-2005, 05:37 PM
lol hey! Miss Chanel! welcome.
btw...rossi is the champion right?
he took it out on the last race?

Miss Chanel
27-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Yup... he's unbeatable.. 5th consec title.. cant beat that :)

Miss Chanel
01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
MotoGP Live on FoxSports.. NOW!!! :!:

aaronng
01-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Miss Chanel, you watch MotoGP too? That's super cool!

Rossi pulled it off again! I was laughing when Sete didn't want to give in to Marko and ended up on the gravel! Hahaha... And a similar thing happened to Marko and Rossi too. If Marko had waited until the last corner, he could have pulled ahead on the straight and might have even won. But I think Rossi purposely slowed down at that gravel corner so that he could make Marko try to overtake him and make the same mistake as Sete! Hahhaha. Rossi wins!!!!! Psychological warfare!

This was a VERY VERY good race! I can even give up F1 just to watch MotoGP!

Miss Chanel
01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
When Rossi overtook Melandri it was all over for him... even in his fastest sections Melandri couldnt catch him!!! :D

Of course motoGP is better than F1... shorter, more overtaking, the riders arent boring robots hehe... love it!!! :)

Vivski
02-10-2005, 01:06 AM
MotoGP has been a lot of fun this year. It's all 'cos of Rossi too. He just sticks it up everyone. His rivalries with Max and Sete are hysterical. If you have a look at the times, his fastest lap is always the last lap of the race. I've never known anyone in any form of motorsport who can set lap records on the last lap every race. He just does it race after race whether he's behind or infront by 10 seconds. The guy's a freak and I love him.

I'm yet to speak to a motorsport fan who doesn't like Valentino Rossi and that's very rare for someone so dominant.

bigteethygrin
02-10-2005, 01:42 AM
OMG whatta awesome race!... I gotta admit I let out a laugh when gibernau went off the track... I really hope Melandri doesn't get disciplined by his team for that. It turned out quite well for Rossi though. The guy is unbelievable! Huge creds to Melandri for his ride too, the move on the last lap was really ballsy and I hope he gets that sort of move right one day!

For me that was the best race of the year.

Miss Chanel
02-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Yeh, i have heaps more respect for Melandri, but I really thought rossi was gonna let him win since he crashed into him last time.

aaronng
02-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I think Rossi is the kind of person who will win if he can win. hehe. His bike is not the fastest, as in each race he only wins by overtaking in the last lap or two, compared to when he was with Honda where he'd lead for over half the race!
BTW, Rossi is the #1 driver/rider in my books because he went from the best team to an ok team that was then having trouble with their new motogp bike. How many people go to a weaker team by his own initiative because there is more challenge there?!

I still think Melandri could have gone at him at the last corner. At the penultimate lap, Melandri actually caught up after the last corner.

Vivski
02-10-2005, 10:29 PM
And what about Casey Stoner?! Another win!! This little guy's turning out to be quite a good rider too.

dc2dc2dc2
02-10-2005, 10:34 PM
casey as always been a good rider.

hopeuflly he can win at island and pedrosa finishes liek 10th or something ...
but honestly....casey SHOULD WIN @ ISLAND NO WORRIES !!!

Miss Chanel
03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Yeh i think he'll nail it.. i mean, it is his home turf and fav track. Lets just hope the winds arent too bad this year.

j3z3z
03-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Rossi rumours are enhancing that he will leave motogp at the end of 06 as now since winning this years title he claims to have nothing else to do in motogp and believe he should start looking at other motorsport such as rally or f1, thus increasing the rumour that he is going to ferrari in 07 also apparently kimi raikonen has a just done a deal to join the prancing horse in 07 (this is the line up of ferraris dream team)

Miss Chanel
03-10-2005, 02:38 PM
He said he likes rally better than he does f1 and besides these two options, theres always the Ducati- italian bike, italian rider. But Rossi said it was b.s. that next yr he will be testing for Ferrari once a month.. his exact words were 'i dunno what im gonna be doing next week so how will i know waht im going to do next month?'.

j3z3z
03-10-2005, 02:51 PM
He said he likes rally better than he does f1 and besides these two options, theres always the Ducati- italian bike, italian rider. But Rossi said it was b.s. that next yr he will be testing for Ferrari once a month.. his exact words were 'i dunno what im gonna be doing next week so how will i know waht im going to do next month?'.

he said that before he won the championship. what i posted are along the lines of what he said after he won. buy autosport weekly you find out alot of the going ons

Miss Chanel
03-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Haha nah, id rather spend the money on Vogue and u can keep me updated lol.

j3z3z
03-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Haha nah, id rather spend the money on Vogue and u can keep me updated lol.

ok lol i have a few to many car and motorsport magazines.... roughly in the count of 700

bigteethygrin
03-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I think Rossi is the kind of person who will win if he can win. hehe. His bike is not the fastest, as in each race he only wins by overtaking in the last lap or two, compared to when he was with Honda where he'd lead for over half the race!
BTW, Rossi is the #1 driver/rider in my books because he went from the best team to an ok team that was then having trouble with their new motogp bike. How many people go to a weaker team by his own initiative because there is more challenge there?!

I still think Melandri could have gone at him at the last corner. At the penultimate lap, Melandri actually caught up after the last corner.

Schumacher joined Ferrari when they were a struggling team and turned them around. Rossi and he have that in common.

I hope Rossi hangs around long enough to compete with the new generation of riders coming through the 250cc class.

j3z3z
03-10-2005, 07:35 PM
rossi milandri pedrosso and stoner oh yeah

joshen
03-10-2005, 08:09 PM
too bad daijiro kato isn't around anymore. would've made the championship alot closer.

LUD02C
04-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Do the MotoGP and Superbikes use the same track at all in a season?
Just wondering to see the lap times between them.

I'm guessing MotoGP is quicker, but by how much?

IRI
04-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I like motorbikes

aaronng
04-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Schumacher joined Ferrari when they were a struggling team and turned them around. Rossi and he have that in common.

I hope Rossi hangs around long enough to compete with the new generation of riders coming through the 250cc class.
Hehe, I have to choose 1 favourite, I can't have 2 right? ;) Schumacher is good too, but he has less charisma than Rossi.

^^v
04-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Hehe, I have to choose 1 favourite, I can't have 2 right? ;) Schumacher is good too, but he has less charisma than Rossi.

they're both "god's" *COUGH!* in their respective fields...

as for rossie jumping ship.... sorry but just cant see him in the wrc lolzz (well i can.. but i dun see him being very competitive)...
f1 on the other hand.. i reckon he'd adapt well to it...

aaronng
04-10-2005, 01:51 PM
He did drive for Peugeot in the WRC in the Rally of Great Britain in 2002. And he did retire by going off the road. :)

bigteethygrin
04-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Do the MotoGP and Superbikes use the same track at all in a season?
Just wondering to see the lap times between them.

I'm guessing MotoGP is quicker, but by how much?

The US gp at laguna seca is the same track. Nicky Hayden killed em there because he rode that track so many times in superbikes.

Vivski
04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Rossi came around a corner, got blinded by the sun and slid off on the leaves and backwards down an embankment.

As to your question Jase, MotoGP and WorldSBK are about 2sec/lap difference. That's using Phillip Island Circuit as a measuring stick...
http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/fileadmin/pdf/laprecordsbikes.pdf

That's bikes... this is cars...
http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/fileadmin/pdf/LAP_RECORDS.ASAT._050905.pdf

Some points of note...
- MotoGP fastest by 2sec/lap
- 250cc, SBK, V8 Stupercars and 250cc GoKarts are about the same
- Stokel's Lambo is only 0.7s off the V8 Stupercar lap record
- F4000 are freakin INSANE!!

In actual fact, WorldSBK are just about as quick as MotoGP now, it's just that there hasn't been a dry SBK race at Phillip Island for about 5 years. Lol.

un_majstk
05-10-2005, 11:25 AM
rallying sounds like his hobby i reckon not his preferred job. so he should just hatch a plan to get aprilia back into GP class. that would be awesome,
and with a full yellow paint scheme like the good old days.

Petronas
05-10-2005, 11:32 AM
When/if Valentino hits the F1 scene, It would be one of the greatest days in Motorsport History... After of course Shumi winning his 6th WDC and the Senna era

I know you guys agree :)

bigteethygrin
07-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Spy Photos of rossi testing for Ferrari

http://www.drzoidberg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rossi.jpg

Miss Chanel
07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Haha... what the hell happend there?

j3z3z
07-10-2005, 12:14 PM
he was about to crash and natural instinct kicked in and he jumped out of the car so he could slide along on his leathers

un_majstk
07-10-2005, 11:02 PM
haha, thats classic.

but now theres new rumours that he has some tests lined up for 06 in a factory subaru.

Miss Chanel
07-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh please.. as if he could handle AWD.

Vivski
07-10-2005, 11:54 PM
LMAO!! Rossi brings a new driving style to F1.

Actually when they were at the Brittish MotoGP round Chris Atkinson drove him around in the Subaru at the Subaru WRT workshop. He showed interest and I'm pretty sure he will be testing the Subaru next year.

un_majstk
08-10-2005, 09:08 PM
serious he had a ride with atkinson? mad.

i've got a short vid of Rossi doing a demo run in 03, i think in a Seat. dunno how quik he was but looked good.

Vivski
08-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Here's a quote directly from his newsletter...
http://www.chrisatkinson.com.au/

Last weekend I went to the Moto GP which I really enjoyed, especially watching the 250cc race with the two Aussie’s Casey Stoner and Anthony West battling it out for the victory with French rider Randy de Puniet. We were watching the race with one of our French engineers so there was just a little bit of bantering and cheering going on between us.

While at the Grand Prix I was also introduced to Valentino Rossi, now that was something cool. Then on Monday he came to the Subaru workshop and we spent some time discussing cars, bikes and all sorts of things.

As I was shaking my car down before Finland on our shakedown track that day he came for a ride with me and I showed him what the Subaru World Rally car is capable of. It was a real fun and relaxed day.