PDA

View Full Version : Additional Safety Features

JA22
17-05-2005, 08:20 AM
hi guys

i wonder if we can have our doors locked automatically after travelling for a few seconds or when we stepped on the brake for the first time.

anyone has any ideas on how to go about doing this?

Philip Lee
17-05-2005, 10:06 AM
i don't think it's a OEM feature on the Jazz. some aftermaket alarm has this function.

Dreams
17-05-2005, 10:13 AM
are u that lazy? safety is more like side curtain aribags...etc..

08ESE
17-05-2005, 10:44 AM
the jazz automatically locks the door when it senses an accident. The doors are part of its safety cage.

also unlocking them once the vehicle comes to a stop.

crazyray
17-05-2005, 10:49 AM
only after market alarms that will have that feature for you

JA22
17-05-2005, 01:36 PM
so i need to install an aftermarket alarm in order to have this? i thought we can get this feature off the current alarm system that's already fitted on the jazz. anyhow, thanks for the reply guys.

are u that lazy? safety is more like side curtain aribags...etc..
i am not lazy, just wondering if we can have feature added. the lancer that i was driving in singapore does come with this feature and i reckon its pretty good especially you are driving alone at night or you have small kids onboard or for some other reasons.

Philip Lee
17-05-2005, 02:17 PM
so i need to install an aftermarket alarm in order to have this? i thought we can get this feature off the current alarm system that's already fitted on the jazz. anyhow

does your car have Honda alarm installed or just remote central locking + immobilzer??

if the latter only, i doubt it can be done without an aftermarket alarm with such system.

if former, talk to Honda.

JA22
17-05-2005, 05:50 PM
thks philip
i will ask them when i send in my car for servicing sometime this week. :)

FIT
17-05-2005, 06:28 PM
yea, get the aftermarket alarm, mine has that feature but i dont use it, tend to stuff up the locking mechanicism if it kept on doing it over and over... thats my 2c anyway

Jus-10
17-05-2005, 10:14 PM
How about just locking the doors every time you get in??

You talk about safety for late night driving etc, but you know you can just press it down yourself.

Are you really going to go to the expense of installing an alarm that has this function when after just a few times of doing it manually it will just become habit?

Each to their own I guess...but I'm with Dreams on this one....How lazy are you?

tegstar83
17-05-2005, 10:48 PM
I hate that feature what if u jump out to get ur mail *for example* when u pull in to ur drive way and ur car then locks u out its a shit fkn feature i really hate it

JA22
18-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I know I can lock the doors manually and I have been doing that and I am very fine with it. But I am just curious to find out more if we can set the locking to be automatic. Of course I will not be spending any money just to get this thing done in my car.

I mean this feature is really not as shitty as it seems. Maybe I had a different experience. I do receive negative comments on this feature but as well as positive ones.

I appreciate all comments made regarding this issue. I do not know a lot of stuff about parts of a car and trying to pick up more knowledge from this forum, and at the same time know more about my car from those of you who drive jazz for longer time than I have.

muli
18-05-2005, 10:01 AM
stealthmate alarms have anti-hi jacking feature which locks the doors when you press the brake for first time since you've started moving