PDA

View Full Version : Just lowered my CIVIC COUPE!!!! with Coilovers

raskalsmpl
18-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey can anyone help?? camber on rear wheels???

ive lower my car with coilovers and pretty much dumped the thing

now ive been told by just jap that there is two bolts that can adjust the camber with out buying extra bits..... apparrently it is already on the car.... as stock.... is this tru???

the two bolts are around the lower control arms on the rear.... coming into the middle..... of the car????

egSi
18-05-2005, 09:32 AM
man i think u missed some words.

camber kits r cheap as, but whats wrong with some camber???

negative that is lol

MrPlow
18-05-2005, 09:35 AM
camber is looks crazy - you eat through rubber quicker - but camber looks the shit!

bennjamin
18-05-2005, 10:02 AM
you are talking of the REAR camber - which can be adjusted alittle by inserting + 1 or more washers DIY style into the upper control arm. This pivots the upper part of each rear wheel away from the body, giving you + camber.

The front can be adjusted too, with quite abit of new hardware ( $$ ).

type one
18-05-2005, 10:07 AM
depending on the size of the rims though you will get some camber scrub hehe.. especially if it is as dumped as u say it is...

civ_sik
18-05-2005, 10:22 AM
camber is good. just not to much of it...

samsider
18-05-2005, 10:30 AM
i got a crx thats lowered on 17's. The front wheels are more cambered then the back. i thought my tyres were new untill i went under the car and seen the inside had been worn out heaps. I was told that if i didnt get a camber kit for the front id be changing tyres every 3-4 months. Also that camber kits cost heaps more for honda's then other cars. Looking at 350 to 400 bucks to get it done

J-MuN
18-05-2005, 10:35 AM
post the pics yo!!... what wheels?? stockies!?.... :D

CRXY01
18-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Rear camber can be fixed quite easy, but if your not sure what u are doing best to take it to a suspensions shop.

Lowering the coilovers to the max isn’t going to help with the camber, it maybe an advantage to have some negative camber. But this will increase tyre wear, and unless your car is a track car you wouldn’t want large amounts of it. How many degrees of negative camber do have at the moment?

forensics
18-05-2005, 12:40 PM
anyone want to post a DIY of the washers for adjusting camber?

rocky_b
18-05-2005, 12:56 PM
yes. show us the pics!! hehe and DIY would be awesome!

edw-R
18-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Show Time!!!!!!!!

garett
18-05-2005, 04:31 PM
i got a crx thats lowered on 17's. The front wheels are more cambered then the back. i thought my tyres were new untill i went under the car and seen the inside had been worn out heaps. I was told that if i didnt get a camber kit for the front id be changing tyres every 3-4 months. Also that camber kits cost heaps more for honda's then other cars. Looking at 350 to 400 bucks to get it done

thats way cheaper than new tyres for 17's every 3 months

DNYALL
18-05-2005, 06:54 PM
what coil overs did u put on it. And yeah pics would be awsome

strafe
18-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I purchased camber bolts and shims from Whiteline, wasn't too expensive. The bolts replace the top suspension bolts and are slightly longer than the standard ones, each shim adds about .3 of a degree camber. I guess-timated the amount of camber I needed to add, and took it to the workshop afterwards to check front and rear camber and wheel alignment.

I also purchased a front kit, which allows camber adjustment, and also adds a bit of positive caster for good measure.

I would recommend taking the car to a workshop to get this fitted (unless your dad's a mechanic, like mine :P). And definiately take the car to a workshop to check wheel alignment and suspension settings if you fit the kit yourself.

civlowwer
19-05-2005, 09:32 AM
I have coilovers and is sitting about 60mm off the ground, camber is a bitch, looks great but as ppl say, tyre wear is huge, pedders want just for the rear camber kit $600 without installation, i didn't bother asking for the front but, i got some Skunk 2 front and rear camber kit from oversea's and paid $540 including shipping, i now have no camber but i put 1 degree back on as handling went out the window, so dont buy from pedders if u want to get out of it for cheap