PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Picked up today

nav12c
18-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I guess i cant wipe the smile off my face, people at work must think i have gone nuts.

I picked up my Euro Lux from Peter Warren in Liverpool (Syd) today. Picked it up first thing (which for them is 8.30) and had to drive it into the city.

All i can say is the more I drive it the more impressed I am by this car.

One question though, where do you Euro drivers put your coins? I find that the console below the climate control is too deep, the ash tray too small to hold more than a couple of coins, the cup holders are not ideal. I am currently putting them in the top console tray (the arm rest one) but they seem to slide around a lot in there.

Cheers,
Nav

EuroAccord13
18-05-2005, 10:10 AM
There is a coin holder under the VSA switch for a start :)

Enjoy the car :)

PNR888
18-05-2005, 10:21 AM
congratulation on your new car.....what colour? Auto or man??

yeah, there is a coin holder there, on your right hand side near sunroof switch.
However, I found coins jumps around and creat unwanted noise when you drive pass rough surface. My solution is dont put too much coin in there. also have the coin holder cover open seems to reduce the noise a bit.

redliner
18-05-2005, 10:26 AM
yeah i was gonna ask about the colour too
bet its black :)

nav12c
18-05-2005, 10:41 AM
hi guys,
thanks, the car is black and auto. personally i think the black looks so good with the 05 wheels. plus i actually really like the ivory interior. the one thing that is a negative (but i am happy to live with) is the fake woodgrain trim.
i know its going to be a b!tch to keep a balck car clean but am willing to make that sacrifice.

Nav

PNR888
18-05-2005, 10:52 AM
hi guys,
thanks, the car is black and auto. personally i think the black looks so good with the 05 wheels. plus i actually really like the ivory interior. the one thing that is a negative (but i am happy to live with) is the fake woodgrain trim.
i know its going to be a b!tch to keep a balck car clean but am willing to make that sacrifice.

Nav

Good on ya Nav. you have the attitude of hardcore enthusiast. Car with Black exterior and ivory interior combo need lots of tender loving care to keep it look good. but I am sure you will do a good job.

There are lots of threads in Appearance/Gallary section discussing car care and detailing (both exterior and interior). I found the info there very useful.

Reagan
18-05-2005, 10:58 AM
hey sup, nice selection of car and model
I've the same except its 04, if your ever planning on getting aftermarket rims, give us a price on your stock ones =)

baboo
18-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Sweet mate! enjoy the car!

Pum[Z]
18-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Definetly Black is the way to go on the euro.. Its looks the classiest and definetly looks prestigious... Well thats my take of it...

Dark tint, & Chrome wheels looks the best with black anyways.. Mobster style... But then don't get defected if u follow that way hhehehe...

Hope u enjoy ur euro....

aaronng
18-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Congrats!!! I wanted a black too but I though I couldn't keep the beige interior clean. If you want to ask about washing and detailing, h22a and I are here!

exISeuro
18-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Congratulations Nav ~

First tip: Protect your floor mats, they are very fragile and will develop bald patches.

As PNR888 said, the coin holder makes unwanted noise so i keep mine empty.
I use the ashtray for coins, when needed i remove it and jiggle my finger around.
When empty my ashtray holds my phone or cb radio.

Make sure you come to our first cruise, whenever it is ! i'm sure you'll clock up 1000km
or just enough for ya to hit vtec on cruise day :cool:

nav12c
18-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Congratulations Nav ~

First tip: Protect your floor mats, they are very fragile and will develop bald patches.

what do you mean it will develop bald patches. is there anything you do to protect yours?

BLKek
18-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I think he means your heel will push the pile down, creating patches, I have cheap mats over my good ones, LOL...

Slugoid
18-05-2005, 05:45 PM
You have the exact same car as me, but mine's 03.

hey sup, nice selection of car and model
I've the same except its 04, if your ever planning on getting aftermarket rims, give us a price on your stock ones =)

THE RIMS ARE MINE I TELL YOU, MINE!!!

LOOK BELOW, ARGHH!!

:p

albii
18-05-2005, 06:39 PM
You have the exact same car as me, but mine's 03.

THE RIMS ARE MINE I TELL YOU, MINE!!!

LOOK BELOW, ARGHH!!

:p
guys just go aftermarket wheels they'll look better anyway.....
why would you want another oem set...just because they are 17s?

Slugoid
18-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Cos I don't have a grand to splash around for aftermarket rims

Fr3aKi3
18-05-2005, 07:25 PM
congrats on the getting the euro :D

btw 05 oem rims would look hot if power coated in gun metal
hehe

albii
18-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Cos I don't have a grand to splash around for aftermarket rims
you seriously think that you will get them for less than a grand?? don't think so dude.......the tyres alone are worth more

coladuna
18-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Black certainly looks nice and I really wanted to get a black one too.
I could have lived with the beige leather seats, but I just couldn't stand the beige plastics mistmatched to black dashboard. I don't know why they didn't just leave the plastics black and just have beige seats. :confused:

BTW, I find the coin holder under the VSA switch completely useless.
The coins in there rattle like hell and I can't stand noises like that inside my car.
I miss the coin holder in Prelude where there were slots so the coins sit nice and still in there and doesn't rattle against each other. Could only put a few coins but better than having to deal with bloody rattles.

nav12c
19-05-2005, 09:23 AM
quick word after a few more k's yesterday. i cant believe how smooth the car is. the inlaws have a 2000-ish model Mecr E230 (which i have driven) and the Euro is DEFINATELY smoother than that. having said that, i'm going from a 2000 Clubsport to the Euro and there is a HUGE difference (as you would expect).

i was also surprised how easy it is to induce wheel spin (even for a FWD).

PNR888
20-05-2005, 12:02 AM
what do you mean it will develop bald patches. is there anything you do to protect yours?

With Honda Euro floor mats. (I just found out on thuesday night when 4 euros gather together to do DIY short shift installation), that 2003 (mine) has a reinforced patch for driver's side floor mat near pedals. whereas 2004's doesn't have that extra thickness there, so that area of the floor mat will definitely cop more tear and wear,-ie. bald patch. more easily. esp with manual model.

don't know about 2005 model though.

I put an extra layer of cheap floor mat on genuine Floor mats.

we also had two more interesting findings:
1. 2003 models have rubber lettering for floor mat. White "HONDA", red "EURO" sign in black rubber background.
With 2004 models, floor mats are in darker black than 2003's, and Lettering are emborious in white. How about 2005's ??

2. Honda badge on steering wheel. 2003 models have mat finish, 2004 models have glossy finish (clear acrylic laminate).. how about 2005 model???

I dont know the exact time cut off for the above mentioned changes. let me know if yours are different from describe above.

nav12c
23-05-2005, 09:34 AM
I had a longer drive over the weekend. It must be the 'new car blues' as I just want to drive it all day. My wife asked me if she could drive (she usually never asks) and I said 'No'.

Answers to a few questions.
1. I fugure I will simply keep any coins in the compartment near the VSA control.
2. The 05 mats dont seem to have the reinforcement under drivers feet. They certainly look good but also look like they wont last very long. I might do what PNR888 did and buy another cheap set and put them on (will try for similar colour to the stock mats).

Villainous_J
23-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I had a longer drive over the weekend. It must be the 'new car blues' as I just want to drive it all day. My wife asked me if she could drive (she usually never asks) and I said 'No'.

Answers to a few questions.
1. I fugure I will simply keep any coins in the compartment near the VSA control.
2. The 05 mats dont seem to have the reinforcement under drivers feet. They certainly look good but also look like they wont last very long. I might do what PNR888 did and buy another cheap set and put them on (will try for similar colour to the stock mats).

I'm about 4,700km into my new Euro and I've already worn out the pile on the accelerator side, hopefully it won't wear all the way through the mat. A heel spot under the clutch is looking a little bare too (oh well, the price we pay for our driving enjoyment) :D

aaronx88
25-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Hmmm,

My 05 Accord did not have the reinforcement under drivers feet but my 05 Jazz certainly did have. However, my colleague who had a 03 Jazz recently had its flootmat replaced under warranty because it became so worn out till there are holes.

Apparently, it is a known common problem and the honda dealer happily replaced it. It could be the reason my 05 Jazz had the reinforcement.

Aaron

aaronx88
25-05-2005, 10:27 PM
we also had two more interesting findings:
1. 2003 models have rubber lettering for floor mat. White "HONDA", red "EURO" sign in black rubber background.
With 2004 models, floor mats are in darker black than 2003's, and Lettering are emborious in white. How about 2005's ??

2. Honda badge on steering wheel. 2003 models have mat finish, 2004 models have glossy finish (clear acrylic laminate).. how about 2005 model???

Are you talking about the back side of the floor mat? If so, the floormat is just plain black with dots (to hold the mat in place) all over. No wordings at all. In front, it is in matching ivory and the wording ACCORD EURO embroided.

Honda badge on steering wheel seems to fit 2004 models as described by you.

Aaron