PDA

View Full Version : Dyno, wat do u guys reckon ?

samsider
18-05-2005, 11:13 AM
I have a 93 model del sol (b16a) and im getting it dynod soon. Just wondering how much Kw ill be looking at. I dont wanna get cut when i see it only producing anything less then 80Kw or is that alot for a del sol i dont know wat to expect because the last car i had was a 94 mod 180sx (had alot more balls)

The car has just hit 90,000km
The car as a few mods:

- 2.25 inch exhaust all the way through with extractors (done at hitech mufflers).
- Pod Air Filter
- Home made cold air induction (used air conditioning foil thing)

SPEEDCORE
18-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I dont wanna get cut when i see it only producing anything less then 80Kw

Hahahhahaha..... word of warning..... Leave your ego at home when you go to the dyno.

You'll be right mate. Don't try and compare what you get to what others have got on other dynos etc.

ProECU
18-05-2005, 12:12 PM
93-98kW max

I have a 93 model del sol (b16a) and im getting it dynod soon. Just wondering how much Kw ill be looking at. I dont wanna get cut when i see it only producing anything less then 80Kw or is that alot for a del sol i dont know wat to expect because the last car i had was a 94 mod 180sx (had alot more balls)

The car has just hit 90,000km
The car as a few mods:

- 2.25 inch exhaust all the way through with extractors (done at hitech mufflers).
- Pod Air Filter
- Home made cold air induction (used air conditioning foil thing)

Stroza
18-05-2005, 12:14 PM
is it a chassis or roll on dyno??

**Ghost**
18-05-2005, 02:02 PM
dynos arent comparable man... i got just under 90KWatw for an ek4 with intake done...

some ppl have got way higher than that on differnet dynos... use ur dyno run as a base tuning tool...

sivic
18-05-2005, 10:48 PM
dude, you cant go comparing B16's to worked SR20DET's.
anyway, you should know by now that 2 cars side by side power figures arent going to determine which is faster.
either way, hondas arent about power figures. if you want big readings you should have stuck to turbos.
but yeah, as mentioned dynos are for tuning. performance can only be tested in one way - by driving the car:thumbsup: