PDA

View Full Version : Spring Help!

MrPlow
21-01-2004, 11:18 AM
i brought second hand 3" lowered springs for my ek, i got them installed yesterday at australias best, okay the problem is!

the front is on the floor, i mean i got the stock vti-r rims on and i got about half an inch till my rim is under the gaurd at the front ....

the back just, sit inline with the gaurd, WTF! happened????

iv been told if i lower the back abit more, which i wanna do anyway, the front will lift up abit maybe by half an inch!

and no the springs are not in the wrong way, cause they can only go in one way!

so basically im asking will the front lift if i lower the back?

Nuttz
23-01-2004, 12:02 AM
with the weight distribution going a bit to the back the front will have less weight on them and lift a bit?

[[d a n n y]]
23-01-2004, 12:12 AM
it's 3" that's why it's low

should have done 2.5"

Redteg
23-01-2004, 06:05 AM
MrPlow, from my experience, lowering the back more will allow the front of the car to sit a tiny bit higher, even if it is just the lip and front bumper. This may make speed humps and driveways a little friendler, but if the front is way too low and you're having alot of scraping issues, i'd just lift the front up a bit. CV joints don't particularly enjoy being at a great angle permanently, and travel within the front suspension is pretty limited as is.

McChook
24-01-2004, 11:41 PM
I'll sell you some replacements.... 40mm (1.75in) or 60mm (2.4in) $200

MrPlow
27-01-2004, 02:43 PM
hey guys thanks for the replies....

thursday the car is booked in to drop the back another inch, so hopefully the front will lift a bit, and if it does i will be one happy lad, cause i really dont wanna spend a further $150 to reset the front springs....

hopefully its ready for the cruise on sunday, cause at the moment my front is about an inch from the floor...

A'PEXi
27-01-2004, 05:30 PM
or raise the front and keep the bak as is :P

MrPlow
29-01-2004, 07:20 PM
well i got the car back this morning, went 40mm lower on top of the 3inch drop at the rear, the front did not lift at all and still sits with the 4inch drop, im thinking about raising the front 40mm .....

but thanks for the all the help guys....

pics coming soon!