PDA

View Full Version : just bought my turbo

jimmeh
18-05-2005, 05:21 PM
as some of the boys now im busy building a hi comp turbo b18. well fellas i just bought the turbo is a GT30 imported from the USA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/ah789454/myturbo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/ah789454/turbo2.jpg

MR-VTEC
18-05-2005, 06:40 PM
you say your building a high comp b18, but you bought a turbo????

anyway how much the turbo set you back, landed?

GSI-PSI
18-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Erm just speaking from my person experience turbocharging my integra, high comp aint good 4 turbo's mate. Wat comp r u talking? Because the higher the comp the more backwards ya car is going 2 go.

jimmeh
18-05-2005, 07:04 PM
im gonna be running 11.5 CR. im building the motor to squash all the myths that turbos dont like high compression. the bottom end is gonna be built with JE pistons and eagle rods all sourced from US. cos it cheaper. the turbo cost 1800 landed.

MR-VTEC
18-05-2005, 07:28 PM
what will that prove? so you build a high compression turbo engine but what satisfaction will that give you? if you simply lower the compression of the motor you will be able to run more boost=more power, higher compression=less boost= less power, from a turbo perspective anyway. thats how i see it.

saxman
18-05-2005, 07:28 PM
im gonna be running 11.5 CR. im building the motor to squash all the myths that turbos dont like high compression. the bottom end is gonna be built with JE pistons and eagle rods all sourced from US. cos it cheaper. the turbo cost 1800 landed.
best of luck... there are a few guys out here running high comp set ups(although with much smaller turbos)... are you sleeving the block or anything? are you running custom pistons, or just the standard high comp je pistons(the turbo and n/a pistons are made of different materials depending on the conditions they will see). Anyway, best of luck, high comp turbo set ups are awesome, just don't cut corners as you really have to do things right. They key is going to be getting a REALLY good tune on the ecu. Be sure to keep your final timing more retarded than normal.

faijai
18-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Good luck jimmy! i wanna see this being accomplished too.
Keep us informed with the progress!!

MR-VTEC
18-05-2005, 07:31 PM
also just a question about the pistons you plan to use, isnt there a difference between the pistons you would use to raise your compression compared to those used to lower compression for a turbo setup? if there is a difference im sure the high compression pistons werent designed for boost appliactions.

jimmeh
18-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Mr-VTEC have u ever seen a high comp turbo. do some searching on honda-tech

SAXMAN- i totally agree. the tuning is gonna be a very important. i will prolly have dyno dave hook that up for me when the time is right cos i heard only good things about him. unless u can recommend someone

MR-VTEC
18-05-2005, 07:51 PM
nup never seen it before, what are the benifits?

saxman
18-05-2005, 07:55 PM
isnt there a difference between the pistons you would use to raise your compression compared to those used to lower compression for a turbo setup? if there is a difference im sure the high compression pistons werent designed for boost appliactions.
yes and no... stuff like the generic off the shelf pistons usually come in a lower comp turbo pistons and a higher comp n/a piston, and in that case, they are made from different materials. You can, however, get high comp turbo pistons, they just aren't all that common. If/when I build up the internals of my engine, I'll probably bump the comp ratio up a bit, but to something around 10:1 at the highest(up from 9.2:1 as stock in the d16z6)

MRJDM
18-05-2005, 10:18 PM
we doin this cos we seen a hi comp b18 go. so we gonna set it up similar to that.

BLKCRX
18-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi comp Hi Boost ;)

Croydon Racing Civic ! hi comp ! hi Boost
Online Drag CRX hi comp hi Boost
BLKCRX - Hondata Car hi comp hi Boost

Been there done that ;-) it works ;) 450kw+ at the wheels ;-) and plenty more power 2 come if you need any help let me know iv designed hand fulls of engines.

Ehehe at internet myths ! soon the truth will be out, and all the internet myth tellers will be proven wrong.

TODA AU
18-05-2005, 10:47 PM
i just bought the turbo is a GT30 imported from the USA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/ah789454/myturbo.jpg

Imported from the USA ???
Really???
With an XTR badge???

Things that make you go Hmmm... ;)

MRJDM
18-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Imported from the USA ???
Really???
With an XTR badge???

Things that make you go Hmmm... ;)

u tokn about the white bubble thing cos that aint shit

sikcivic
19-05-2005, 12:19 AM
what will that prove? so you build a high compression turbo engine but what satisfaction will that give you? if you simply lower the compression of the motor you will be able to run more boost=more power, higher compression=less boost= less power, from a turbo perspective anyway. thats how i see it.

Incorrect, The higher your compression ratio the more power you would per pound of boost.

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 12:23 AM
are we farkin arguin about compression n boost agn?!

ian
19-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Long time no see boys (Jimmeh and Darren)........so whatcha been hiding there? where have youse been? Wanna let me in on some of the secret? I'm looking at a similar setup but not so hardcore as what i think you got happenin there..........hahahahaha Catch up soon aye?

HRV-80Y
19-05-2005, 09:31 AM
jiMMEH ! DAMN ! turbooo good luck wit d project ! we gota b dere 2 c it in action !

[[d a n n y]]
19-05-2005, 10:18 AM
High compression and High boost can be a good conbination if the car is tuned right.
way to go mate
tell us how it goes..

MR-VTEC
19-05-2005, 12:20 PM
so can what are the benifits and negatives of doing such a project? how do the two go together? i was always under the impression that the two were hard to mix, i thought you could only go one way or the other. what compression and what boost are we talking here?

MR-VTEC
19-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Incorrect, The higher your compression ratio the more power you would per pound of boost.

yes you have a point, but wouldnt the higher compression limit the amount of boost you could run safely? i am not trying to start arguements, i am trying to understand more about this, i find it quite interesting:) .

LO_N_SXC
19-05-2005, 12:34 PM
I have a fealing this thing is gonna go Kaaaaboooommm! with high comp!

joyride
19-05-2005, 12:36 PM
methanol injection?

WPN.22R
19-05-2005, 09:20 PM
aye your in ctown too... we should meet up!! and have a chat:D

Weq
20-05-2005, 06:29 PM
ehehe what A/R did u end up getting? intake looks 3"?

jimmeh
21-05-2005, 07:20 PM
we gonna set the car up similar to this

http://shns.antsmarching.org/pfieff/DiscoTigerGSRvideo.avi

Weq
21-05-2005, 08:02 PM
ITB's?!?

jimmeh
21-05-2005, 08:29 PM
weg- dont know trying to get my hands on an s2k one. did u but that JG intake?

saxman
21-05-2005, 08:53 PM
if you need any help with the itb set up(if you go that route), let me know... I'm working on one for my car right now to match up to the turbo

http://www.glausers.com/matt/cfproject/cf/cfairbox2.JPG

going to end up redoing in the plenum as that one is a bit too large and I would like to try to incorporate some sort of velocity stacks into the design.
Probably will just use these that I made
http://www.glausers.com/matt/cfproject/cf/airhorn2.JPG and go from there

reyesone
24-05-2005, 02:36 PM
http://www.glausers.com/matt/cfproject/cf/cfairbox2.JPG

how much boost are you running on that skateboard?
Haha

anyways back OT.............you're crazy dude !!!! and i like it !
haha go for it son, i dont know much about turbo applications but screw these wankers that dont believe in you

theyll all be drooling once its done

MR NOS
24-05-2005, 03:17 PM
hey how much do u want for it

saxman
24-05-2005, 06:33 PM
how much boost are you running on that skateboard?
Haha

anyways back OT.............you're crazy dude !!!! and i like it !
haha go for it son, i dont know much about turbo applications but screw these wankers that dont believe in you

theyll all be drooling once its done
don't know, but my little brother is full of hot air...

DJhonda
26-05-2005, 09:21 AM
sound like a intesting idea hope it works out for you!

BiGANG
26-05-2005, 10:08 AM
sounds good mate. Crazy spool up with high comp. Itll rev like something outta granturismo. Keep us all posted on the progress