PDA

View Full Version : Buying a type r integra?

arozena
18-05-2005, 07:53 PM
I want to buy an type r integra?

What are some things to look for?

K

faijai
18-05-2005, 07:58 PM
the usual things u look for in any car man.

buying a type r does not change this!!

VTECACCORD
18-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Make sure engine # is B18C7
Make sure the Head is a Type R head, look for some green paint behind the valve cover kinda behind the oil cap, Type R heads have this green paint on em, some have been cleaned off so check the head make sure you get what you pay for.
Make sure the body is in good shape, all braces are there and straight.
Check engine compression numbers should be above 220.
Other than that check seats for wear and the other used car checks

Speeder
18-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Log book
rego
chassis no etc
Lsd

As stated above, check for any unusual signs, eg paint, panels.
Best is to take it to your trusted mechanic before making your decision.
GL

CJL
18-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Been covered a number of times...

Do a search

arozena
19-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Make sure engine # is B18C7
Make sure the Head is a Type R head, look for some green paint behind the valve cover kinda behind the oil cap, Type R heads have this green paint on em, some have been cleaned off so check the head make sure you get what you pay for.
Make sure the body is in good shape, all braces are there and straight.
Check engine compression numbers should be above 220.
Other than that check seats for wear and the other used car checks

thanks for being the only helpful person on here..
hey others - Der, I look at paint and all original body panels and I thrash and break and check whether the exhaust smells - take it to a certified car pre purchase inspector like Just Cars etc etc.

I am a girl but I do know more than just where the petrol goes!

ACTI0NMAN-1
19-05-2005, 11:04 AM
oil goes under the 710 cap.

hebe
19-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Make sure the gears don't crunch :)

Seats, make sure they are pretty tight (like the blades/wings - whatever you wish to call em) and not sloppy...also the condition of the suede...

If you are quite picky about the seats then it will be quite hard finding a dc2r with seats that are in really good nick!

FU7URE
19-05-2005, 11:32 AM
cool, u gettin a dc2 or dc5?

hebe
19-05-2005, 11:48 AM
cool, u gettin a dc2 or dc5?

Yea that too...
I automatically assumed she was after a DC2R:o

sangsational
19-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Make sure engine # is B18C7...

or a K20A or K20A2, NOT K20A3. Also....

1. Check the recaro fitment. My seats were opened up by an overweight previous owner who actually crushed one of the sides, now I'm looking to have it repadded and retrimmed but it could cost be a bit.

2. Check the windscreen for small chips. Sometimes these are unnoticable until you're behind the wheel with good daylight unless you keep an eye out for them.

3. Be aware of the number of scratches/dents/dints and their locations. Sometimes you can convince yourself that a few of these is ok and fixable but if they're all on different panels, it ends up being a whole respray to do it.

4. Test the handbrake. Usually people who drag their cars alot, thrash their cars alot and a handbrake take off is common, so see if it requires you to pull the handbrake right up to park on a slight incline. If they drag their cars alot then the clutch has been thoroughly worked, no doubt.

5. And then check all the usual things. There's a list on the Queensland Transport site somewhere, I'm sure there's one on your local goverment website too.

10KRPM
19-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Do compression check also have it throughly checked out by the mechanic.
do revs check

service history
if it doesnt have those things.....then either buy it for a big big discount....

z3lda
19-05-2005, 07:37 PM
check bolts in engine cay to see if they havent been screwwed. if they've been unscrewed and the paint doesnt match the bolt, then the cars been in an accident.

CJL
19-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Apart from the obvious cosmetics of the car, whip open the bonnet
-Bolts heads are all painted/scratches/turned, if not obvious sign of a front end damage

Some other stuff you may wanna check applys to dc2r..
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19588&highlight=buying

VTECACCORD
20-05-2005, 09:41 AM
check bolts in engine cay to see if they havent been screwwed. if they've been unscrewed and the paint doesnt match the bolt, then the cars been in an accident.

Not sure that this is necessarily true, some bolts may have been loostened to change a timing belt or to replace a clutch.

Basically when buyinga 2nd hand type R you wanna make sure the whole car is original, a lot have swapped motors and other shit.

Once you find the one you want get a compression check done, as long as the #'s are above 210 (id say) and the variation between the #'s isnt more than 15 then its a keeper

fabz
20-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey does it matter if it has been an accidenent and can u get it checked to see if its been repaired well?

tegstar83
20-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Not sure that this is necessarily true, some bolts may have been loostened to change a timing belt or to replace a clutch.

Basically when buyinga 2nd hand type R you wanna make sure the whole car is original, a lot have swapped motors and other shit.

Once you find the one you want get a compression check done, as long as the #'s are above 210 (id say) and the variation between the #'s isnt more than 15 then its a keeper

He means body pannel bolts not engine bolts ect