PDA

View Full Version : QBALLs Turbo Conversion...56K no no

Pages : [1] 2

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey all! :wave:
As some of you already know, im gettin my teg turboed!
Its been in the workshop for quite some time now so I'm hoping to get the car back within a week or two :thumbsup:
Thought id share some pics with yas, so here they are!
More info - including stats and figures shall be posted as soon as I get the car back.
For now, eres some pics jst to let u know wats goin on!

Feedback/criticism welcome :p

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010011.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010005.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010006.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010010.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010009.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010007.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010003.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010002.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010001.jpg

J-MuN
19-05-2005, 12:34 AM
hmmms..... looks evil... GSI turbo?... how fast?? :rolleyes:

how old are you Q??... lucky mofo...

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 12:37 AM
would love to know.. what kind of turbo kit this is??? and from where?

ECU-MAN
19-05-2005, 12:40 AM
looking good :)

very nice so far.

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 12:48 AM
gsi turbo yes...
im turnin 21 in oct! octobre 1st!
figures ill tell once i get the car back - it goes a treat accordin to me mechanic :p
turbos a t3 garrett from the states...
most of the parts are supplied by me mechanic which he gets from the states

faijai
19-05-2005, 12:54 AM
DAMNN QUENTIN!!!!
U have to come out sum time for a cruise with us!
i wanna see sum =O faces when ur BOv goes off. ahhaha.

Ozwolfbane
19-05-2005, 01:17 AM
good stuff ....dont make ne NAWZZZ my car though....

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 01:21 AM
How much did u end up paying just for all the parts... minus labour?

Also, can ur mechanic tell u where the got the parts from? vecco or ss autochrome? eek..

saxman
19-05-2005, 07:46 AM
that looks a little too much like an ssac/obx kit for comfort

ian
19-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Quentin! they're still working on it?.......i guess perfection takes time. i can't wait to see the QBALL in action!.......hahaha.......nice number plate too.

HRV-80Y
19-05-2005, 09:20 AM
OOOoOoOOOOOOoo ! looks hot man !

let me kno how it goes...

and and ! drive safely !

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 12:14 PM
that looks a little too much like an ssac/obx kit for comfort

I was thinking the same thing... but then again.. I love to see how this all goes still.. so keep us all updated PLEASE! :)

BLKCRX
19-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Make sure that turbo is balanced !!!! iv had 8 clients now with that kit, and 5 out of the 8 kits came with unbalanced turbo's..... need to say the turbo only lasted no more than 2 minutes.

Regards James

joyride
19-05-2005, 12:32 PM
what shop is doing the work?

LO_N_SXC
19-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Make sure that turbo is balanced !!!! iv had 8 clients now with that kit, and 5 out of the 8 kits came with unbalanced turbo's..... need to say the turbo only lasted no more than 2 minutes.

Regards James
*BUMP* :eek: I have also been looking at getting my self a turbo kit but I have to same some more to get there, But in a second thought I might just work on the looks of my ride first? I have compared my mates 96 DC2 VTiR which I ran at Calder to a ET of 14.9 and the car only has baisc mods, now I remember reading that GSI-PSI rana 14.2 with the same engine as me but Turbo and I thought of this as not mutch of diference for $4500 that you would pay AVO (with all respect to GSI-PSI and AVO) But I dont feel confortable with spending that mutch for a minor gain compared to a All motor B18C, unless some one can correct me on this one? none the less I wouldn't mind going ahead with this only coz you don't get to see many DA's Turbo now days.
But if I decide not to do so I will just spend some money on looks!

PS: qball let me know how ya go with the turbo convertion, I would be interested in the results and maybe the kit that your mechanic got for you!

sorry for the long post!

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Regards James

What kit is this that you speak of James?? that you've had 8 clients have???

saxman
19-05-2005, 02:10 PM
']What kit is this that you speak of James?? that you've had 8 clients have???
I would presume he's refering to the SS autochrome/xs power/stone mountain racing crap that's on ebay and cheap

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 02:41 PM
thats what im assuming.. but want James to confirm it.. hehe :p

JDM.Power
19-05-2005, 03:34 PM
thats nice Q BALL!! like to see the power figures soon!

Ozwolfbane
19-05-2005, 04:09 PM

Regards James

Thats what happened here too :(

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 04:18 PM
lol already????

BLKCRX
19-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I don't believe in naming products to "ditch" them on the internet.. that’s just wrong and low... thows who do should be “SHOOT” Just make sure what you buy works ! and is supported by the distributor locally. Things are more expensive in Australia because of local support !! not 2 mention import tax and GST… people very often try and cut corners parallel import, think they know what there getting.. get something “crap” and then have no support..

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Im just curious to know what all these parts are(brand etc) exactly....

LO_N_SXC
19-05-2005, 05:42 PM
']Im just curious to know what all these parts are(brand etc) exactly....
we just gonna have to wait till Qball comes back on and tells us all.......

iceman_vti
19-05-2005, 06:16 PM
:confused: is :confused: that :confused: a :confused: BOV :confused: on :confused: your :confused: CAI :confused: ????????

lmao

looks like it

Hully

P.S. i'ma turbo n00b.. if ur gonna slander me (if i'm wrong) plz do it good :p

saxman
19-05-2005, 06:54 PM
the design of the manifold is the biggest give away. The wastegate definetely looks like the ssac one, and the intercooler looks like the one that comes with it too..

and iceman, the bov is on the intercooler->intake manifold charge pipe, where you'll almost always find it.

nobbs
19-05-2005, 07:08 PM
damm nice man, i wana see this thing go once its finished

whos doing the work for u?

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 07:13 PM
if what ur saying is tru saxman.... and from my research on these kits lately also... I'd give it few weeks max.. before something terrible goes wrong....

ProECU
19-05-2005, 07:58 PM
hehe, ssautocrome again.

although, the manifold does look good, and im sure will hold up for small boost.

saxman
19-05-2005, 08:47 PM
the ssac manifolds are very pretty... until they crack as a result of poor materials(way too thin), horrible welding, and improper support. Doesn't matter what kind of boost you're running through them, they still tend to fail... most common areas seem to be either the wastegate take off or the turbo flange itself.

Also, be sure to keep an eye on your boost pressure. SSAC is notorious for sending their wastegates with the wrong spring(I've heard of more people getting the wrong one than the right one). You may want to consider taking the wastegate apart and torquing everything down, as they also seem to come with loose bolts, etc.

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 10:21 PM
fark dudes!!
all this tech shit is spinnin me out a bit...
im not the greatest with all this so bear with me!!
dont flame me, educate me :p
as far as i know, this is wats goin on...

*its not a turbo kit, everythin is pretty much custom
*turbo is t3 garret
*custom 3" exhaust mandrel bent
*custom dump pipe mandrel bent
*hybrid intercooler, cut to custom size
*custom manifold, went through 2 of em b4 they decided to take out me air con (my choice)
*microtech ecu, LT-8
*custom fuel rail 8x 450cc injectors
*metal head gasket still to come
*forged pistons, cylinders still to come
*BOV is in the pic above the pod
*ext wastegate is near manifold

the mechanic is based up in newcastle NAI its called...im friends with him through another mate at work so yeh...

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 11:27 PM
*BUMP* :eek: I have also been looking at getting my self a turbo kit but I have to same some more to get there, But in a second thought I might just work on the looks of my ride first? I have compared my mates 96 DC2 VTiR which I ran at Calder to a ET of 14.9 and the car only has baisc mods, now I remember reading that GSI-PSI rana 14.2 with the same engine as me but Turbo and I thought of this as not mutch of diference for $4500 that you would pay AVO (with all respect to GSI-PSI and AVO) But I dont feel confortable with spending that mutch for a minor gain compared to a All motor B18C, unless some one can correct me on this one? none the less I wouldn't mind going ahead with this only coz you don't get to see many DA's Turbo now days.
But if I decide not to do so I will just spend some money on looks!

PS: qball let me know how ya go with the turbo convertion, I would be interested in the results and maybe the kit that your mechanic got for you!

sorry for the long post!

ey bro, im payin a shit load more than 4500!
try 10K :rolleyes:

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 11:30 PM
I would presume he's refering to the SS autochrome/xs power/stone mountain racing crap that's on ebay and cheap

the shit is DEFINATELY not cheap and off ebay!!

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 11:33 PM
10k... oh dear...... shouldve come down to SA....

How much u paying for install... or is it 10k in just materials

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 11:36 PM
10k everythin - its through a mate so im gettin a lot of xtras that u wouldnt get with a 10k set up if say u went to advan etc

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 11:52 PM
lol... maaate.. u couldve have 2 turbo kits installed for that price.. tellin ya now....

Q_ball
19-05-2005, 11:57 PM
every place that ive been to here in the syd area has quoted me some 10K price, and i woulda only b gettin something like 140kw atw
this guy rekons i shall be able to have 200+ easily
i dunno n e thin bout turbs and installin turbs so i cant pull off a DIY
thats y i went through a friend that knows a fair bit bout em

[stealth]
19-05-2005, 11:59 PM
well let us know how it all comes along.. soon to be finished??

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 12:01 AM
yeh hopefully bud!
im gettin really impatient with it all...:p
want it now!!
want to go to eastern creek NOW!

LO_N_SXC
20-05-2005, 09:50 AM
yeh hopefully bud!
im gettin really impatient with it all...:p
want it now!!
want to go to eastern creek NOW!
LOL funny Dude ^
So you paid 10K???? wow thats a bit but like you said most of the stuff has been custom made, well let us know how it all holds up together! I guess it will be running very good for the National Integra Cruise???? Can't wait to see this thing in action!

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Cheers mate :D

Weq
20-05-2005, 06:38 PM
q_ball: im glad ur going b18b turbo ;)

Seriously though, that is a SSAUTOCHROME kit. ur mechanic is pulling the wool over ur eyes.. As long as u get atleast a 1 year warrenty on everything, stay happy.

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 06:40 PM
yeh ive got 1 yr warranty
are u sure tho??
i asked him specifically earlier today about it - he said its not from any kit
say i do find out that hes been lyin, is there any suitable action i can take?

Weq
20-05-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.stockreco.com/picture1017.jpg

show him that picture..

got any pics of the downpipe.. or anything? there are some small custom bits, but its defaintly NOT custom..

thats listed on ebay for 950USD. If u think the colours are different, its because as soon as the manifold is used, it changes to a gold.

That said, does 10k include ur new pistons etc?

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 06:49 PM
ill double check with him now - are these good?

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 06:53 PM
yeh - 10K everything
i jst called him and he said that its definately not a SSAUTOCHROME kit - dumpipe n everythin is custom...

Weq
20-05-2005, 06:53 PM
ill double check with him now - are these good?
not good. these manifolds tend to crack and break, wastegates fail and turbos are unbalanced and wea3r out super quickly..
its like a kmart turbo kit.

Weq
20-05-2005, 06:57 PM
yeh - 10K everything
i jst called him and he said that its definately not a SSAUTOCHROME kit - dumpipe n everythin is custom...

10k for everything is cool, installed. :thumbsup:
Its a lie though, its a ssautocrhome kit. blatent lie. ur proof is RIGHT there.. seriously, compare each part, exactly the same. the intercooler has those tabs, the wasgetgate is exsactly the same and same position, and exactly the same manifold.

Its got a warrenty though, it will break within the year, and he will fix it for free.. no probs ;)

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.stockreco.com/picture1017.jpg

the manifold looks kinda different to me man n im not talkin bout the color - but yeh, very similar

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/P1010002.jpg

im confused now... :confused:

poid
20-05-2005, 07:15 PM
the wastegate placement on the manifold is a dead giveaway

traNce_gl
20-05-2005, 07:21 PM
hey man i drive past that workshop bout every day

Hope there treating ur car

They just did a engine conversion and a manual converson a eg civic

hope u get it back soon

[stealth]
20-05-2005, 07:25 PM
10k... u got ripped hard if its a SSA kit.. haha

kits like 1500-2000AUD.. + installing + tuning + few other bits = 8k? lol

Weq
20-05-2005, 07:27 PM
he got internals also. the lt8 is worth a 1k..
can u get pics of the injectors?

the manifold is exactly the same.. its just the angle.. trust me ;) also thats a d-series manifold, so its slighty different to b-series..

[stealth]
20-05-2005, 07:29 PM
I could get that dodgy kit and get it installed for about $2-2.5k(total price) easy.... but this wouldnt even last a week...

end of the day ur gettin stooged coz ur lack of knowledge and no researchin before going ahead with it all... bit late now..

just get ready to fork out money for a new manifold and possibly turbo.. perhaps few other things also... down the not so far away future...

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 07:52 PM
the guys supplier is in syd - ive asked for his contact details so i can go ask him myself
we'l see how we go

Q_ball
20-05-2005, 08:02 PM
hey man i drive past that workshop bout every day

Hope there treating ur car

They just did a engine conversion and a manual converson a eg civic

hope u get it back soon

may need to get u to spy on em for me trance_gl :D

wynode
20-05-2005, 10:43 PM
SHould be interesting......hope it goes well Q

mr_mojo02
20-05-2005, 10:50 PM
lol this thread is a joke... so many guys on here trying to create fear and mistrust... THIS IS NOT A KIT. The mechanic doing to work creates many custom manifolds and dump pipes and does so regularly.. for 10 grand it was not just the turbo kit. Exhaust, cluch, brakes and mild internals were also considered and i guarentee you can not get the same job done anywhere in syd for a similar or cheaper price... Those who keep saying this is an SS kit.. maybe u need to see the car in the flesh before you make a comment. This guy has performed work on many performance cars and has a reputation in newcastle for good and reliable work...

Just thought id clear that up... peace guys

faijai
20-05-2005, 11:57 PM
thanx for clearing it up mr mojo

hope to see it in the flesh soon too quentin.

DynoDave
21-05-2005, 08:15 AM
every place that ive been to here in the syd area has quoted me some 10K price, and i woulda only b gettin something like 140kw atw
this guy rekons i shall be able to have 200+ easily
i dunno n e thin bout turbs and installin turbs so i cant pull off a DIY
thats y i went through a friend that knows a fair bit bout em
Good luck getting a REAL 200kw with that setup 140 is the norm and I have just repaired one of those manifolds after it did 150klms they are SHIT it cracked that bad the last time that I have now made a custom manifold and had to fit a new turbo as the last time the manifold cracked a piece of it went thru the turbo and STUFFED it beyond repair.
Regards Dyno Dave
PS its funny that you hung shit on Ginganggooly about spending $4500 on his ALLMTR DC2 VTiR setup can wait till this car goes to the drags and we see what you run with your overpriced basic setup.

saxman
21-05-2005, 09:56 AM
just find out who made the wastegate, the manifold, etc. Everything about it SCREAMS ssac, and it's possible it's not the ssac kit... you can buy the parts individually. Sure, it could be custom(at least the manifold... although I really doubt if someone made a custom manifold they would copy the ssac design, it's far from the best), but I'm sure the mechanic didn't fabricate a wastegate from scratch.

Just do yourself a favor and find out where the parts came from.

MR-VTEC
21-05-2005, 10:12 AM
all i can say is whats done is done now and nothing really can be done about it so lets just stop pointless argueing about what the kit is or whats going to happen to it. lets just wait and see when its done ay.

good luck.

barefootbonzai
21-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah, shit happens. Just have to live with it. Just drive careful once you're up and running. Upgrade your brakes if you still have $$$ Don't make the same mistake as me and lose it all in a blink of an eye.

mr_mojo02
21-05-2005, 07:04 PM
the brakes have already been done.. that was part of the 10 grand... my point is its quite frustrating to see a bunch of ppl jump on here and dis a setup just because they belive from pics that it is substandard.. ppl need to shut their mouths and start talking positives rather than "possible" negatives.. thats what this post was about, a general discusion about the progress of the turbo. Not "ok, heres my pics, now how many of you can tell me ive waisted my money before ive even got the car back".

Wait till he gets the car, and then if uve got something negative to say, go for it

saxman
21-05-2005, 08:51 PM
I don' tknow... if I took my car to a shop and was given something which could very easily be a substandard part, I'd like to know about it asap so I could clear things up and make sure I'm not getting ripped off

mr_mojo02
21-05-2005, 09:53 PM
well put it this way.. the manifold that is now on the car is not the same manifold that was first on it... this one was created to accomodate for the aircon as with the first one the air con could not go back in... so unless he can get stuff from the US in less than 2 days i think its safe to say its not a kit

saxman
21-05-2005, 11:23 PM
there's still no harm in finding out where the parts are from, if anything, just to know in case something needs replaced in the future. I think considering the price tag, it's a perfectly legitimate request to want to know who made the parts.

BiGANG
22-05-2005, 01:06 AM
200kw atw sounds pretty crazy mate. Let us know what it feels like with all that power under the right foot when you get it back. Also, what brakes is the workshop giving you with the setup?

Q_ball
22-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Good luck getting a REAL 200kw with that setup 140 is the norm and I have just repaired one of those manifolds after it did 150klms they are SHIT it cracked that bad the last time that I have now made a custom manifold and had to fit a new turbo as the last time the manifold cracked a piece of it went thru the turbo and STUFFED it beyond repair.
Regards Dyno Dave
PS its funny that you hung shit on Ginganggooly about spending $4500 on his ALLMTR DC2 VTiR setup can wait till this car goes to the drags and we see what you run with your overpriced basic setup.

Forgive me for being blunt, but i think that ur jst a general ****tard!!
How many times do i have to repeat myself...the manifold IS NOT - thats rite DynoDave - IS NOT off a SS kit!!! It is completely custom!!
Now tell me this, if the manifold is custom, how in farks name do u kno that its "SHIT"?! You HAVENT repaired one of these manifolds b4, because u didnt MAKE this one!!
In regards to "hangin shit on Ginganggooly", I have done nothing of the sort!!
I was not "hanging shit" on his setup at all - im all for an NA setup if i had to dosh!
I was simply stating that with 4500 he couldve went for some sorta turbo upgrade that woulda given him more power for his money.
Read my post agn b4 u start anything in future!

saxman
22-05-2005, 04:23 AM
what brand wastegate is that?

Integra
22-05-2005, 05:07 PM
nice mate! 200kw atw sounds crazy.. keep us updated with pics :D

DynoDave
22-05-2005, 08:02 PM
How many times do i have to repeat myself...the manifold IS NOT - thats rite DynoDave - IS NOT off a SS kit!!! It is completely custom!!
Now tell me this, if the manifold is custom, how in farks name do u kno that its "SHIT"?! You HAVENT repaired one of these manifolds b4, because u didnt MAKE this one!!
I was not "hanging shit" on his setup at all - im all for an NA setup if i had to dosh!
I was simply stating that with 4500 he couldve went for some sorta turbo upgrade that woulda given him more power for his money.
Well If I'm wrong I am sorry but I do not believe that the job they are doing is a custom setup and the photo's that Weq put up are the same as what is fitted to your car.Who is the shop doing this job as I have alot of customers from Newcastle and would like to know who it is.
Regards Dyno Dave

ginganggooly
22-05-2005, 08:10 PM

curiouser and curiouser...
my my, someone has a selective memory but for 4500 i could not have got the suspension, clutch, flywheel, exhaust, hondata, intake manifold and turbo, turbo manifold and plumbing. as i said earlier, the only strictly na part on my car is the header.

fark man, 5k n ur only pullin a mid 14...hmmm
not worth it IMO, unless of course ur the sort thats NA all the way :)
shoulda done a turbo conversion

sounded like hanging shit from here... the question that begs to be asked is, if i came here and said to you, "goddamn, you paid 10k for an ebay turbo kit! waste of money imo. shoulda dropped a b18c in!", don't you think you'd take it as hanging shit on it? :rolleyes:

edit-> and dude, there are certain people you just don't go around labelling as a ****tard, especially not when they help out as many people here with invaluable -and correct- advice as they do.

fwiw, the manifold looks identical to the one that dynodave was talking about -i saw it at his workshop- that cracked at the flange.

traNce_gl
22-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Who is the shop doing this job as I have alot of customers from Newcastle and would like to know who it is.
Regards Dyno Dave

The shop called

Nova car automotive

Q_ball
22-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Who is the shop doing this job as I have alot of customers from Newcastle and would like to know who it is.
Regards Dyno Dave

The shop is NOVA AUTO INNOVATIONS

Q_ball
22-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Gingang:

If wat i wrote in ur post b4 was considered "hanging shit" in your perspective than, by all means, i apologise!
That was not my intention at all. I didnt read ur post properly so i apologise.

DynoDave:

Sorri for lashing out, it was spur of the moment typing there. Uve got pm.

traNce_gl
22-05-2005, 11:46 PM
lol i so got it wrong hahahahahha

Q_ball
22-05-2005, 11:50 PM
lol i so got it wrong hahahahahha

HAHAHAHA
wat have u heard about this shop?

|N|
23-05-2005, 12:00 AM
y flame Q ball guys... its his car... he can do anything he likes to it... come on guys.... give our OH member some support....

traNce_gl
23-05-2005, 12:12 AM
HAHAHAHA
wat have u heard about this shop?

I havent heard any bad things bout him dude

You getting it back this week.?

ROCKET
23-05-2005, 12:42 AM
hey bro cant wait till its finished good luck with it all
hope u get it back soon

cheers

GSI-PSI
23-05-2005, 12:45 AM
by the way guys at the end of the day i spent $4,800 on my kit and that didnt include the extras that qball is getting like brakes, clutch and exhaust so all in all he is spending the right money and getting the job done all at once wheras i was building it gradually on my b18b. Thats why it sounds like he's gettin ripped but ill be spendin the same amount of money in the longrun. Dont listen 2 em qball, See how u go and at the end of the day u got warranty. Just double check the warranty of the turbo alone because some places give 12mths on all parts and 3mths on the turbo alone.
oh yer and watch out for brick fences cos u dont want wat happened 2 my turbo teg lol

Q_ball
23-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Cheers fellas! :D

GSI-PSI
23-05-2005, 12:53 AM
thats ok, i know what its like 2 get pounded by these fellas on ere and many have no itea about turbo conversions. Most likely comes down 2 jealousy but shhhh we'll keep that between us ok lol

mr_mojo02
23-05-2005, 06:52 AM
its all good dude.. ill make sure u get like 5 years warranty :P

redliner
23-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Forcing your to beef up da sex drive :)

wlee2
23-05-2005, 12:25 PM
how long before your done Qball ?

Q_ball
23-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Well the latest from the mechanic, the rest of the internals will take another couple days to come in then its pretty much it - so yeh, prob by weekend hopefully :)

saxman
23-05-2005, 02:28 PM
what brand wastegate is that?

Ozwolfbane
24-05-2005, 12:43 AM
what work is being done on internals ??

Mugen boy
25-05-2005, 06:54 PM
sorry dude , hard to say but that is wat is known as an ss autochrome manifold, that is wat i used with my turbonetics t04e in my first integra turbo , i didnt break it but i will be replacing it , i recommend you do the same as they are cheap crap, as for making 200kw , i am process of doing more than that but on a fully built motor, the most youll make with that kit will be around the 140-150kw mark , but dont expect to much more, but nice goin so far looks good

mr_mojo02
25-05-2005, 11:13 PM
lol were still goin with this shit.. hopefully there will be some pics up soon of the manifold in it build process and then maybe we can stop this stupid debate

Q_ball
25-05-2005, 11:18 PM
what work is being done on internals ??

-Aries Forged Pistons
-New Rings
-Eagle Rods
-Metal Head gasket
-New Main Bearings
-New Big End Bearing

GSI-PSI
25-05-2005, 11:27 PM
how much boost are u planning on running?

Q_ball
25-05-2005, 11:27 PM
sorry dude , hard to say but that is wat is known as an ss autochrome manifold, that is wat i used with my turbonetics t04e in my first integra turbo , i didnt break it but i will be replacing it , i recommend you do the same as they are cheap crap, as for making 200kw , i am process of doing more than that but on a fully built motor, the most youll make with that kit will be around the 140-150kw mark , but dont expect to much more, but nice goin so far looks good

im sorry - did i hear u say kit??
i dont remember me saying anything about a kit!!

the manifold on a SS kit is symmetric...
DOES THIS LOOK SYMMETRIC TO YOU?!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/manifold.jpg

and for ur information...i am gettin a fully built engine!!!

Q_ball
25-05-2005, 11:31 PM
the 1st custom manifold that they made for my car:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/oldmanifold.jpg

they had to make the one in the post above cause the wastegate stuck out too far, also they couldnt fit the 3" dump pipe and air con all at the same time

Q_ball
25-05-2005, 11:32 PM
my engine work so far:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/front2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/front.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/engine.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/enginebay2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/enginebay.jpg

Q_ball
25-05-2005, 11:33 PM
more shots of the manifold/turbo/dump-pipe area:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/turb_manifold2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/manifold_dump.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/turb_manifold.jpg

Q_ball
25-05-2005, 11:34 PM
dump-pipe:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/dump_pipe.jpg

cooler (gettin bigger one):

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/cooler.jpg

Q_ball
25-05-2005, 11:37 PM
how much boost are u planning on running?

should be able to run 25psi - not as me everyday tho - 8psi for that :D

GSI-PSI
25-05-2005, 11:39 PM
run it on 9psi for everyday driving. Thats wat i had mine on.

Q_ball
26-05-2005, 12:01 AM
run it on 9psi for everyday driving. Thats wat i had mine on.

hahaha ok
il keep that in mind

BLKCRX
26-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Something truly doesn’t add up here, I said it on page 2.. and ill say it again now. Remove that turbo and get it balanced. You will be lucky if the turbo lasts longer than 1 full throttle pull.

You also mention the only work to be done now is the internals ? well that so doesn’t make sense ? that is the 1st thing you do before installing a turbo kit ! you remove the engine, build it, and replaced it…. Why even start bolting things on if the engine has to be removed to install rods pistons etc,,,
Unless there going to try and replace the internals and leave the block in the car, and not hone it.. hmm (doogy)

Hmm as for the metal head gasket, all Honda b gaskets are 3 layer metal gaskets, make sure you replace also your water and oil pump, and whilst your head is off I hope your not reusing your head bolts, I hope you replace them with ARP head studs or fresh Honda head bolts….. also make sure you get slightly over sized pistons, and hone the block to suit other wise you will be burning oil like a tractor… I just can’t understand that internal work needs to be done, yet the engine is still in the car ! what the ?

As for ya parts list…. Something does’t add up either…….

*its not a turbo kit, everythin is pretty much custom
*turbo is t3 garret
*custom 3" exhaust mandrel bent
*custom dump pipe mandrel bent
*hybrid intercooler, cut to custom size
*custom manifold, went through 2 of em b4 they decided to take out me air con (my choice)
*microtech ecu, LT-8
*custom fuel rail 8x 450cc injectors
*metal head gasket still to come
*forged pistons, cylinders still to come
*BOV is in the pic above the pod
*ext wastegate is near manifold

The turbo you have is a XS power turbo, not a garret, not even close to a garret, like I said before you will be lucky if it lasts 1 full throttle shift before the intake wheel rubs against the housing… if the turbo makes boost your lucky ! very lucky.

With keeping your AC, there is no way you will have a 3” down pipe, infact the exhaust housing on your turbo is only 2.5”… my guess is your down pipe will be 2.5” flared to 3” once it pass’s the oil pan…if they have customly modified it… but no way true 3” would fit past the AC

Hybird cooler…. Don’t all hybrid coolers come stamped with hybrid on it ? wheres the stamp ? also get your mechanic to REINSTALL your fount bumper bar support bracket which looks like he has removed, the last thing you wanta do is have no support at the fount of the car.

The reason your manifold looks GOLD, is because it has been USED before, my guess over 1 hour, but less than 5 hours, as stainless manifolds go a gold colour within the first 5 hours of operation, after 5 hours they start to turn blue, but that manifold most defiantly isn’t new.. its had some long periods of exhaust gasses flown though it for sure.

The wastgate is a Tial COPY, and like its already be mentioned above, check the spring rate… these gates are ok… but do tend to boost spike a little…. Although iv tuned a good 10+ cars with these and they have held up kinda ok !

You wanta make sure your accelerate cable is Nowhere near the exhaust manifold like it is now, other wise it could melt and you might get stuck on full throttle, (trust me this has happened to many clients)

So far you have still your stock fuel rail and stock injectors on your car, if they said there going to install 8 injectors and a custom fuel rail, make sure they do this. Although I can’t see a point, why have 8 injectors just get 4 injectors that will suit the application at hand, you don’t need 8.

Also another thing iv noticed is there feeding the oil for the turbo from the side of the cylinder head, this is big no no ;-) not a steady supply of oil from here !! the oil feed should be t pieced from the back of the block from the oil pressure switch, not the head.

Also if there going to remove your cylinder head, when they replace the internals of your engine, make sure they pur a Honda VRS gasket kit on the head and bottom end, replacing all your gaskets…. From your pics it looks like your mechanic use’s way to much gasket sealant, as there large build ups of it everywhere, use a fresh gasket, not quick shift sealant crap, also whilst ya at it make sure all the bolts are locktied in with red locktite, I can’t see any signs of locktite being used in any of your pics.

Apart from that good luck, although whats got me also confused is the time frame he has had your car for, you said he’s had it for weeks ? and has just bolted on the few items in the photo ? what the ? unless you your self got confused and the internal work ie rods pistons etc and building the block is already done… anyway let use know how it all goes…

Regards James

Q_ball
26-05-2005, 01:40 AM
the pics ive just posted, were taken yesterday.

the internals have not been done yet so thats y the engine is still in the engine bay.
gasket, cylinders, rods etc etc havent been installed.

reason y manifold is gold is cause they did have it up on the dyno b4 hand hence it has made a bit of run - from newcastle to maitland where to dyno guy is based.

wat u said in ya previous post about an unbalanced turbo did occur, so thats why the car is back and more work is being done to it. replacement is on the way.

as for injectors, they have since left the idea of havin 8 450cc - and are goin with 4 600cc ones instead.

theres no AC in my car now thats how they managed to fit a 3" dump pipe in. they tried fittin a 2.5" with AC but that wouldnt work either.

the front bad on the other hand isnt back on for good - its comin off agn in the near future as work progresses - meanin its there temporarily - not goin to b like that wen i get the car back.

as with the cylinders, head gaskets etc - i dun kno enough about that to make n e sorta comment...ill try n get more info - but i know for a fact that none of the internals have been done yet.

i meerly went n visited his workshop yesterday.

|N|
26-05-2005, 01:45 AM
the pics ive just posted, were taken yesterday.

the internals have not been done yet so thats y the engine is still in the engine bay.
gasket, cylinders, rods etc etc havent been installed.

reason y manifold is gold is cause they did have it up on the dyno b4 hand hence it has made a bit of run - from newcastle to maitland where to dyno guy is based.

wat u said in ya previous post about an unbalanced turbo did occur, so thats why the car is back and more work is being done to it. replacement is on the way.

as for injectors, they have since left the idea of havin 8 450cc - and are goin with 4 600cc ones instead.

theres no AC in my car now thats how they managed to fit a 3" dump pipe in. they tried fittin a 2.5" with AC but that wouldnt work either.

the front bad on the other hand isnt back on for good - its comin off agn in the near future as work progresses - meanin its there temporarily - not goin to b like that wen i get the car back.

as with the cylinders, head gaskets etc - i dun kno enough about that to make n e sorta comment...ill try n get more info - but i know for a fact that none of the internals have been done yet.

i meerly went n visited his workshop yesterday.

omg Quentin .... u dun have a/c.... i m not sure if i want to be in ur car during the hot summer....

BLKCRX
26-05-2005, 01:47 AM

So the turbo is being replaced now.. lol i guess that’s another broken XS power turbo LOL

explains why the manifold looks gold.. but meh why half install a kit, then rip it all out for the internals.. meh
oh well good luck.. just make sure you get what you pay for.

Q_ball
26-05-2005, 01:51 AM
So the turbo is being replaced now.. lol i guess that’s another broken XS power turbo LOL

explains why the manifold looks gold.. but meh why half install a kit, then rip it all out for the internals.. meh
oh well good luck.. just make sure you get what you pay for.

the turbo in the pic is the one thats gona get replaced.

i wasnt plannign on gettin all the internals done b4 - it was only a last minute thing which i decided upon recently
after the turbo screwed up, i thought to myslef, mite as well go the whole way and make sure everythin is sorted out. :)

BLKCRX
26-05-2005, 01:54 AM
hehe i wonder if ANY of those XS power turbos ever work....
is the workshop paying for a new turbo ?

hope they choose "good" internals, correct size and compression etc… remember its how you build it.. and what parts you use / design that denotes making or not making lots of power.

Q_ball
26-05-2005, 01:57 AM
hehe i wonder if ANY of those XS power turbos ever work....
is the workshop paying for a new turbo ?

yeh the mechanics supplier which is based in syd gave him an instant replacement plus he said that we could choose a bigger turbo or get a bigger cooler.
i chose the bigger cooler - this one seems a lil small IMO
could get more airflow through my bar

so yeh, no skin off my nose :)

BLKCRX
26-05-2005, 02:00 AM
your cooler doest look that small... its all about how it works.. size is't eveything.
mines about the same size as yours.... and supports well over 450kw at the wheels....

Regards James

Q_ball
26-05-2005, 02:02 AM
your cooler doest look that small... its all about how it works.. size is't eveything.
mines about the same size as yours.... and supports well over 450kw at the wheels....

Regards James

wat would u have chosen then?
the supplier basically gave my mechanic a shit product n as reimbursement said take either a bigger turb or cooler...
did i make the rite choice? :confused:

BLKCRX
26-05-2005, 02:04 AM
if he gave u the option of any other turbo than that XS power turbo, i would take that with a blink of a eye !!!

Regards James

Q_ball
26-05-2005, 02:07 AM
thanks james!
ill let ya kno how things pan out

|N|
26-05-2005, 02:07 AM
wat would u have chosen then?
the supplier basically gave my mechanic a shit product n as reimbursement said take either a bigger turb or cooler...
did i make the rite choice? :confused:

i would go for the a/c instead...:D

saxman
26-05-2005, 06:23 AM
ok, I'm sorry

but that is an ss autochrome kit

XS racing is the same company... the turbo clearly says it on the side

the manifold is cleary theirs, no custom builder is going to make one of that design

the old "custom" manifold is actually the newer ss autochrome design

here is the ssac manifold

http://www.stockreco.com/Mvc-00VICBNW2f.jpg

it is NOT symmetrical

as for the other "custom" manifold

here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7976082450&rd=1

you're not getting a custom kit, you're paying WAY too much for an ssac kit. I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

I would suggest you get your money back for them blatently lying to you about it.

Did they hone and bore the block when they did the internals?

Mugen boy
26-05-2005, 09:01 AM
dude SORRY i didnt read that you are building your engine , but i am sorry i aint sayin it to dis you but it sounds like your being takeing for a ride cos all of the manifolds you have shown are either ss autochrome or obx brand manifolds that can be fould on ebay , oh and there are more than one model of the ss autochrome manifold , alll we are trying to say is be carefull , i have been there i didnt by a kit i bought pieces from here and there and ended up with appears to be an ss autochrome manifold, but i bought my turbo direct from turbonetics in the states so i have warranty and know it has been built well, keep us posted as to wat it goes like as my motor is out of the car and wait to be put in my gsi , i am keen to see wat it goes like , but i have to spend around 3000-4000 grand on brakes and suspension upgrades before i would be willing to drive the car with my turbo motor in it ,

im sorry - did i hear u say kit??
i dont remember me saying anything about a kit!!

the manifold on a SS kit is symmetric...
DOES THIS LOOK SYMMETRIC TO YOU?!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/q_ball/My%20Car/manifold.jpg

and for ur information...i am gettin a fully built engine!!!

DJhonda
26-05-2005, 09:10 AM
looks the goods my freind! I was thinking of doing this to my car soon!

Q_ball
28-05-2005, 04:15 AM
well it looks like im jst gonna have to finish up on my install, show u the stats and my run time to get rid of these rumors...
*sigh*

saxman
28-05-2005, 07:25 AM
noone is telling you it's an ssac manifold to put you down or anything, we're trying to warn you about getting ripped off. Someone is sellign you a lower quality product and passing it off as their own, and you're going to get shafted because of it. Do you think it's purely coincidence that both manifold you've posted look EXACTLY like the ssac ones? That the turbo clearly says "XS POWER" on it, which is the same company as SSAC? That the wastegate is clearly an SSAC wastegate? You're the one spending tons of money on this project, you should be watching out to make sure you're getting what you're paying for.

poid
28-05-2005, 12:22 PM
well said saxman

Q_ball
28-05-2005, 05:02 PM
im grateful for ur advice, honestly i am
but i know this guy very well - and he isnt in anyway about to screw me over
believe me on this one!!

CHU85
28-05-2005, 05:14 PM
good luck with it all
24psi is very fun in a fwd. Trust me i know.

saxman
28-05-2005, 06:59 PM
im grateful for ur advice, honestly i am
but i know this guy very well - and he isnt in anyway about to screw me over
believe me on this one!!
then why is he putting ssac parts on your car?

the manifolds obviously are, but since there isn't actually a marking that says otherwise, lets disregard it... what about the turbo that clearly states XS power on it? there's no arguing that that part isn't an SSAC part, it says it is in big letters

there are also some other things I'm having issues with...

why is the engine in the car with the turbo kit bolted in if they haven't swapped the internals yet? or are they planning on swapping in the internals with the engine in the car? How do they plan on honing the cylinder walls with the engine in the car?(my guess is they don't)

How do they plan on breaking in the engine with the turbo on?

Generally, the proper thing to do here is engine comes out, gets bored and honed to match the new pistons(or else you'll have lots of fun getting everything to seat right, along with nice piston slap...), then the engine goes back in, and is broken in... then comes turbo time.

Q_ball
29-05-2005, 11:10 AM
then why is he putting ssac parts on your car?

the manifolds obviously are, but since there isn't actually a marking that says otherwise, lets disregard it... what about the turbo that clearly states XS power on it? there's no arguing that that part isn't an SSAC part, it says it is in big letters

there are also some other things I'm having issues with...

why is the engine in the car with the turbo kit bolted in if they haven't swapped the internals yet? or are they planning on swapping in the internals with the engine in the car? How do they plan on honing the cylinder walls with the engine in the car?(my guess is they don't)

How do they plan on breaking in the engine with the turbo on?

Generally, the proper thing to do here is engine comes out, gets bored and honed to match the new pistons(or else you'll have lots of fun getting everything to seat right, along with nice piston slap...), then the engine goes back in, and is broken in... then comes turbo time.

ive explained all that in a previous post saxman...
the turbo u see in the photo is gettin replaced as well
that too was said earlier on!

saxman
29-05-2005, 11:53 AM
ive explained all that in a previous post saxman...
the turbo u see in the photo is gettin replaced as well
that too was said earlier on!
haven't seen anything mentioning what work is being done to the engine as far as prepping it, just that the engine is still in because the internals haven't been put in yet... nothing about what's being done with it, etc

are they pulling all the turbo stuff off while you break the engine in?

also, as for the turbo, the only mention is that they gave you the option of either a new intercooler or a new turbo and you went with the new turbo... but again, that's really irrelevant... they obviously supplied you with an ssac turbo, and the rest of the parts look EXACTLY like ssac parts... so since you obviously had some, why do you think the rest aren't? doesn't the fact that they look EXACTLY the same, and you've had some that have even said so on them concern you?

and I wish you the best of luck at having 25 psi last on stock sleeves

Mugen boy
29-05-2005, 01:35 PM
24 psi on stock sleeves pfft , can you send us pics of you block blowin to bits lol , if you want good advice talk to james for hondata, unless you are goin to sleeve your block only run around 15psi daily , and maybe 18psi+ down the strip

joneblaze
29-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Quentin.... I just sat down and read this thread all the way through, didn't notice it previously. I strongly suggest you contact some experienced and knowledgeable people and get this whole setup sorted. It just sounds dodgier and dodgier as the thread goes on.

Noone here is trying to put you down mate, as so many of us have already mentioned, I think we're mostly concerned about the quality of the items being used and knowledge base of this mechanic who is doing your work. Parts like these can become very dangerous if installed incorrectly or of a shit build quality. It's not like getting stuck with a crappy bodykit, this setup could INJURE YOU. The fact that two of OH's most regular posting REAL tuners have taken a look at your setup and cried foul should be fair indication enough.

Keep us updated mate. Best of luck.

TECBOY
29-05-2005, 05:44 PM
sup qball its GTIME. looking good man. keep up the good work...then we go to the track hehe

Q_ball
30-05-2005, 02:25 AM
we'll jst have to wait and see.
if this guy turns out to be foul, then i will take the appropriate action.
i have witnesses that have seen wat hes puttin in and have heard him say that its NOT a SSAC kit - and i have addressed my concern about this to him on a number of varying occassions.
but for now, and until i find out otherwise, from wat i can see, he is doin a good job for me, so i will stay positive about it.
ill fill yous in as it comes along.

pornstar
30-05-2005, 02:27 AM
24 psi on stock sleeves pfft , can you send us pics of you block blowin to bits lol , if you want good advice talk to james for hondata, unless you are goin to sleeve your block only run around 15psi daily , and maybe 18psi+ down the strip

fark, mine ran fine at 24psi on stock sleeves.... til...... I sold it

panda[cRx]
30-05-2005, 03:49 AM
dodgy, VERY dodgy!! but good luck with it i hope it all turns out ok:thumbsup:

saxman
30-05-2005, 04:22 AM
what's it going to take to convince you the parts are ssac? technically if he put together a bunch of ssac parts and a few of his own, he wouldn't be lying in saying it isn't an ssac kit...

and pornstar, that would make you the exception, not the rule... there's always the freak car that can hold 15 psi on stock internals or 25 psi on stock sleeves, etc, but it's certainly not something most cars can do... and a tuner that installs ssac parts and passes them off as their own doesn't exactly inspire the most confidence in me as to their ability to tune it to hold tons of power safely

Mugen boy
30-05-2005, 09:17 AM
well said saxman , q ball not doubting your tuner at all but try to get him to contact james(hondata) or adrian(toda) in regards to tuning and building, both these blokes where great help with giving me ideas to what i needed to do for my turbo motor,

oh and wat compression pistons you intending to run with 25psi, and wat turbo you using now

sickintergra4u
30-05-2005, 06:04 PM
worst car ever

GSI-PSI
30-05-2005, 06:24 PM
worst car ever

what r u on about man?

mr_mojo02
30-05-2005, 07:29 PM
worst car ever

that was a really constructive first post dude.. ull make friends here in no time

Mugen boy
30-05-2005, 08:22 PM
worst car ever

lol dude , this is meant to be contructive , not insulting, great , try look at the brighter side , dont bag his car..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,cos all honda rock

pornstar
30-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Saxman, i dont mean todisagree with you, but the us and aus are different in mentality as to what is needed etc In any case, its not impossible, but theres tons of people here who saw my car in action, almost nightly being pushed hard, it can work.

In any case, my reply wasnt at ur comments, it was at Mugen boy's comment that it would automatically go boom.

Mugen boy
30-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Saxman, i dont mean todisagree with you, but the us and aus are different in mentality as to what is needed etc In any case, its not impossible, but theres tons of people here who saw my car in action, almost nightly being pushed hard, it can work.

In any case, my reply wasnt at ur comments, it was at Mugen boy's comment that it would automatically go boom.

I never said it would staight away go boom , relaibilty wise i wouldnt recomend it its not the boom part that happens its the warping of the bores , and the end result is the same a wasted engine, i wasnt serious bout it blowing up but but its is risky

TECBOY
30-05-2005, 09:54 PM
qball and sickintegra4u are good mates so there is only fun there lads.
keep up the work boys...

Mugen boy
30-05-2005, 09:56 PM
no worries

saxman
30-05-2005, 10:11 PM

I'm not doubting that it happened, just saying that you're certainly rolling the dice, and I really doubt it's something that would last in most cars...

in the case at hand, I think the worry will be about the manifold falling apart before 25 psi is ever seen

panda[cRx]
31-05-2005, 12:55 AM
theres tons of people here who saw my car in action, almost nightly being pushed hard

yep i'm one of em, damn lil sleeper beast she was;)

Q_ball
31-05-2005, 02:21 AM
worst car ever

gana, get a life u master clutch burner!! :thumbdwn:

Q_ball
31-05-2005, 02:23 AM
what's it going to take to convince you the parts are ssac? technically if he put together a bunch of ssac parts and a few of his own, he wouldn't be lying in saying it isn't an ssac kit...

wat do u want me to do?!
ive asked him exactly wat yous are implyin it to be....

"are these parts from an ssac kit?"
answer = no

|N|
31-05-2005, 03:02 AM
leave qball alone till he gets his car back la....

saxman
31-05-2005, 04:27 AM
wat do u want me to do?!
ive asked him exactly wat yous are implyin it to be....

"are these parts from an ssac kit?"
answer = no
print out pictures of the manifold, take them to him, ask him why they're exactly the same

ask for invoices for the wastegate, turbo, and intercooler, find out where they came from. hell, if the manifold is "custom", they should have invoices for the head flange, turbo flange, and wastegate flange. If they made the manifolds, find out out what material was used, how they were welded, etc.

I'm sure you get the idea

Mugen boy
31-05-2005, 08:41 AM
whe never said its not possible , just that it wouldnt be reliable for extended periods of time....

Q_ball
01-06-2005, 12:30 AM
from the pics...
the manifolds look similar, but are not exactly the same - n im not talkin bout the color

panda[cRx]
01-06-2005, 01:18 AM
look the same to me Q

saxman
01-06-2005, 05:46 AM
I don't see any difference(besides the color)... can you point out what you feel is different?

also, the other manifold you posted is the exact same as the other manifold ssac makes...

on top of that, the ssac manifold design is really quite poor. If someone custom made a manifold and used that design, I'd question their abilities on that fact alone.

joyride
01-06-2005, 08:49 AM
to me, it doesnt look custom either. i have a custom turbo manifold on my car, and i can tell it is because it looks shithouse!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/joyride/tofu86/IMG_1125.jpg
the person who made it could have polished it all up etc but the similarities between your custom manifold and that ssac one is too much of a coincidence.
that dump pipe has a crazy 180 bend aswell. i hope its not too restrictive.

**Ghost**
01-06-2005, 11:50 AM
so when is this kit going to be finished, installed and running?

nickiipoohz
04-06-2005, 07:49 PM
So is the kit almost in yet? wondering how much gain u're gonna get. Hope you dont blow up your engine lolz.

reyesone
05-06-2005, 11:59 AM
we'll jst have to wait and see.
if this guy turns out to be foul, then i will take the appropriate action.
i have witnesses that have seen wat hes puttin in and have heard him say that its NOT a SSAC kit - and i have addressed my concern about this to him on a number of varying occassions.
but for now, and until i find out otherwise, from wat i can see, he is doin a good job for me, so i will stay positive about it.
ill fill yous in as it comes along.

qball, honestly, why wait till the damage is done before you take action?
its a waste of time and money and putting not only yourself but others at risk as well

even though you know the guy doesnt mean he wont see this as just another business transaction
some very experianced honda tuners are giving you advice and you're flicking them off.

we're all here to help mate and it shows you're a good bloke for trusting people so well, i hope this all goes well but please consider taking action sooner rather than later

CMI70Y
05-06-2005, 11:38 PM
quinton where u @ man???ya got ur car bak yet?its been 2 long man!
giv us a yell wen ya get it im keen 2 chek it out!

[stealth]
06-06-2005, 01:25 AM
only time will tell.. keep us posted ya'll..

:)

OptionEngineering
07-06-2005, 01:18 AM
10k....... may able to try K20A power

simon
07-06-2005, 02:20 AM
any updates on this?

Q_ball
07-06-2005, 03:16 AM
patience ppls
ill show yous soon enough :D

|N|
07-06-2005, 03:20 AM
patience ppls
ill show yous soon enough :D

i ve been hearin that since day 1

Q_ball
07-06-2005, 03:23 AM
mayb nick, u can take me to newcastle on sunday when we cruise up with jes87s and the rest of em :D
jst make a slight detour mate

|N|
07-06-2005, 03:26 AM
mayb nick, u can take me to newcastle on sunday when we cruise up with jes87s and the rest of em :D
jst make a slight detour mate

we might end up goin there with one car and comin back with one car as well

Q_ball
07-06-2005, 03:31 AM

dont get me wrong, i love the idea of havin vtec, jst the general concept of vtec is intriguin to me.
thing is, every1 has heard of a vtec integra - its quite common.
in aust, its not everyday that u meet/see a turbocharged teg, which is exactly my drive for having one.
plus the sound of a BOV goin off is quite inspiring :D
if i had money...n i mean shit loads, id get a Spoon block, n turbo the fark outta that!

TECBOY
07-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Man dat is fully hektic bruz. hektic hektic hektic bro

ITRBoI
07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
im no engine wiz, but from what i know when doing turbo conversion, engine must go out, no way it can stay in the car and yet put everything on, i evenfrom the pictures, no pistion were install, cause no way you can install pistons with pull the engine apart, but letus know how it goes.

The more i read this the more i'm leaning towards you getting ripped, but yeah its your money you spend it how you want, we just putting in opinion. Good luck with the project

saxman
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
im no engine wiz, but from what i know when doing turbo conversion, engine must go out, no way it can stay in the car and yet put everything on, i evenfrom the pictures, no pistion were install, cause no way you can install pistons with pull the engine apart, but letus know how it goes.

The more i read this the more i'm leaning towards you getting ripped, but yeah its your money you spend it how you want, we just putting in opinion. Good luck with the project
turbo installs are very easy to do without pulling the engine

doing the internals with the engine still in the car is possible, but not very advisable... also wouldn't be able to bore/hone the cylinders as should be done with new pistons

Q_ball
07-06-2005, 10:33 PM

the last set of pics were taken b4 n e of the internals were done!!
those pics are not there to show u the new internals...they were meerly update shots.

panda[cRx]
07-06-2005, 11:39 PM

k20a are not 'all that'

my mechanic gets quite a few farked k20a's, the build quality is nowhere as good as the b series. its not just little things but stuff like the internals cracking the shits:thumbdwn:

ITRBoI
08-06-2005, 03:52 PM
']k20a are not 'all that'

my mechanic gets quite a few farked k20a's, the build quality is nowhere as good as the b series. its not just little things but stuff like the internals cracking the shits:thumbdwn:

i agree with you there PANDA, so very true

z3lda
08-06-2005, 04:03 PM
if i had money...n i mean shit loads, id get a Spoon block, n turbo the fark outta that!

why would u want an engine thats been balanced and tuned for NA and go boost it.

ITRBoI
08-06-2005, 04:20 PM
why would u want an engine thats been balanced and tuned for NA and go boost it.

that's just a was of a perfectly good engine if anyone did that

Q_ball
08-06-2005, 10:45 PM
key word there fellas, IF i had MONEY!
if i was rich enuf to do n e thin like tht, y d hell not for meer experimentation sake.
mayb ud come up with something beta

z3lda
09-06-2005, 12:05 AM
i always thought ur nick was G-Ball

Q_ball
09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
no la - its Q_ball

tRipitaka
09-06-2005, 12:08 AM
lol @ gball

z3lda
09-06-2005, 02:47 PM
thought it was G Ball...
thanks for clearing it up G Ball :D

ITRBoI
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM
hey q ball you got your car back yet??? wanna see pic pic!!!!

|N|
09-06-2005, 04:52 PM
nah .. G ball's car aint back yet

ITRBoI
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
you know when?

Q_ball
09-06-2005, 10:40 PM
g ball?
ah fark yas lol :p
much love i feel from all of yas...

ITRBoI - prob bout week, 2 weeks time max

ITRBoI
09-06-2005, 11:35 PM
g ball?
ah fark yas lol :p
much love i feel from all of yas...

ITRBoI - prob bout week, 2 weeks time max

reeeeeeeemember to post PICS!!!!!! :D

TODA AU
10-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Q-Ball
I hope it works out for you...

Damn, this is a long thread...
There are a lot of unsubstantiated total BS claims in this thread that deserve to be flamed.
Personally I can't be bothered. Faily amusing though... :rolleyes:

Q_ball
10-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Q-Ball

There are a lot of unsubstantiated total BS claims in this thread that deserve to be flamed.

pls clarrify unsubstantiated total BS claims... :)

saxman
10-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Q-Ball

such as?

tRipitaka
10-06-2005, 05:23 PM
such as people claiming that qball looks like gball

saxman
10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
ehh... q g... they look like similar letters...

Q_ball
11-06-2005, 12:01 PM
hahahaha
u idiots :p LOL

jst heard from me mechanic that the block is in pieces on the floor and he doesnt kno wat hes gona do with it LOL
jks
basically we've been waitin for all the internals to arrive, n it should do after the long weekend, tuesday.
so from there, should only b another week or so b4 we see some figures.

z3lda
11-06-2005, 02:37 PM
good stuff G BALL

simon
13-06-2005, 01:20 AM
nice nice

94integragsi
13-06-2005, 09:23 AM
what did you do with your stock thermo fans, and can i also get a pic of the dump pipe set up... how much was your computer,,, i have the same wast gate and same exaust manifold.... i have lager intercool, and same turbo....

i read on this intergra turbo install in the sates, on 6psi he went 13.6 and 256 hp at the wheels, is this possible??? its on a web site i was reading i will post the link when i find it

mr_mojo02
13-06-2005, 01:34 PM
dude theres pics all through this thread

Q_ball
13-06-2005, 02:00 PM
theres pics of the dump pipe posted in this thread already.
scroll backa few pages

TECBOY
14-06-2005, 12:27 PM
man....sick dump pipe. it reminds me of that wrx called REXSEX man that is so sick.
sick...sick...sick

ITRBoI
14-06-2005, 12:29 PM
q ball still waiting for the PIC!!!! helllloooooooooo

Q_ball
14-06-2005, 10:41 PM
flip back through the posts mate...its all there

ITRBoI
14-06-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah i know that!!! but any new ones, that's what im talking about!!!

Q_ball
14-06-2005, 11:16 PM
oh...hahahaha
nah mate, i havent been up there since.
get me car back hopefully on tues next week

wlee2
15-06-2005, 09:20 AM
how much longer gball!.. i think i waited about a week already ^_^...

TECBOY
15-06-2005, 10:24 AM
rumor has it that qball is getting turbocharged??? can u clarify this QBALL

ITRBoI
15-06-2005, 10:27 AM
he is getting it, its in the process....hopefully it will be done soon, before everyone on here rots to death ahahaha

EGB16A
15-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Not sure if i missed this question somewhere in this massive thread, but where did you get that cooler? what size is it cause i'm after one just like it?

mj3610
15-06-2005, 03:24 PM

Quentin dw brotha i showed my old fart friend that knows this stuff he said it looks pretty good, good price too. if you need anything else done contact me through sam cause the same friend i showed it too done graphic designing for this new custom shop called JD CUSTUMS and he can help you out for cheap and neat job too, my friend got his turbo done for free cause he designed all the advertising sh** for him so he can look after you too.
p.s hektik kit
:thumbsup: :honda: :thumbsup:

Felix
15-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey Qball. I saw your car this arvo. Went past the shop, the guy was working on it.

Q_ball
16-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey Qball. I saw your car this arvo. Went past the shop, the guy was working on it.

oh yeh?
nice nice...hows she lookin? i miss me baby! :(

Felix
16-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Couldnt see much of it.
There was people standin around looking at it.

wlee2
16-06-2005, 07:46 PM
how long you been away from your baby for gball ?

Stoosh
16-06-2005, 09:52 PM
lol the next person that says GBALL im gonna castrate lol

Nodachi
16-06-2005, 09:55 PM
lol g ball..:D

Stoosh
16-06-2005, 09:59 PM
*sharpens knife*

Q_ball
16-06-2005, 11:40 PM
idiots...LOL

Q_ball
16-06-2005, 11:41 PM
how long you been away from your baby for gball ?
too long mate...ive lost count to b honest

[stealth]
17-06-2005, 02:25 AM
we should start betting on how long this setup will last.. hehe :p

Q_ball
17-06-2005, 02:28 AM
:) ur on

Q_ball
17-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Couldnt see much of it.
There was people standin around looking at it.

people workin on it or ppl as in total strangers??

Ozwolfbane
17-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I would have burnt the shop down if I was G ball :D

baby_c
17-06-2005, 01:07 PM
c'mon baddy.. every1 is waiting to see ur car... whats the est time it will be out on the streets again!!! :)

Q_ball
17-06-2005, 01:09 PM
patience kids...fark - yous are more edgy bout it than me...
n im pretty bad LOL
pickin it up next weekend cause i got work during the week

tRipitaka
17-06-2005, 01:13 PM
just itchin for the tutututu eh gball ?

z3lda
17-06-2005, 02:21 PM
wats the big fuss about turbo hondas?
is there anything special that normal honda drivers are missing out on?

wlee2
17-06-2005, 02:24 PM
wats the big fuss about turbo hondas?
is there anything special that normal honda drivers are missing out on?

torque =P

haha nah its different machine thats all =P

one more chance
17-06-2005, 03:18 PM
qball..

ive been through this very same process with you with my dc2 vtir about 3 years ago..
all i can say is this.. dont take your mechanics word as concrete... they will lie to you and i guarantee that something major has gone wrong, hence the huge delay. I struggle to understand why u have choosen to to resleeve the cylinders, heck i did that even thought i was running 15psi max!
but anyways, with that said, i hope everything works out fine and i promise you that the wait will be worthwhile... just make sure everything is fully documented and all work is guaranteed!

Felix
17-06-2005, 10:34 PM
people workin on it or ppl as in total strangers??

i dunno, i think straners, looked like they were just checking it out...

Q_ball
18-06-2005, 01:17 AM
hahaha fockers..

stephen8512
18-06-2005, 02:05 AM
hey Q ball
whats the word on ur GSi Turbo man? reaaaaaaaal soon?
next week? tomorrow?

Q_ball
18-06-2005, 02:09 AM
redy by tues - pickin it up next weekend tho - got work during the week

|N|
18-06-2005, 03:09 AM
fingers cross

Boost
19-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Wow.. what a long thread... all these turbo install thread ends up with insults etc. etc.
Good luck with the install q-ball.

superR
21-06-2005, 08:52 PM
hey Q-ball , odd question for this thread , but where did you get your wheels from... they look awesome

ITRBoI
21-06-2005, 10:52 PM
DAMN IT!!!!! qball where your bloody car already!!!! take sickies and go pick up the damn thing!!!!! or give me the address and i'll do it!!! i'll even test out the turbo for you

NTR16N
22-06-2005, 09:56 PM
hahahaha... man... i wanna see the beast too!!! :D

ss autochrome or not... it will be mechanically engineered with warranty... dont try and wipe the smile off his face... it gonna be one uniique mo fo... :p

look forward to seeing everythin man...

NTR16N
22-06-2005, 09:57 PM
btw... u rekon there is a long ass thread on a skyline site with a guy taking the turbo off his gtr?!? turbo --> NA LOL that wuld be so funni... hahaha :p

r`Geno
23-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Waiting waiting waiting... you need a lift there Q?

Q_ball
23-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Waiting waiting waiting... you need a lift there Q?
im right mate...
ive organised everything already so getting up ther and back shouldnt b a drama :D

Ozwolfbane
23-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Hey G BALL why u selling the bar ?? make the car lighter so it can beat me ?? :D

Q_ball
23-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey G BALL why u selling the bar ?? make the car lighter so it can beat me ?? :D
wanna put it on ur lude uzzy? lol

Ozwolfbane
24-06-2005, 02:32 AM
My lude is sexy outta the box G Ball :D

dragons2k
24-06-2005, 03:06 AM
dayum... quentin nice going with the teg !~!!! cant wait to see it in person :)

wlee2
24-06-2005, 09:27 AM
getting it this week yeh Gball ?

albii
25-06-2005, 11:46 AM
nice mods man...interested to see how it goes against a worked type r teg....no doubt it would kick one at the top end but . interesting to see the size of your intercooler..isnt it a touch too small or are you keeping it under 10 psi and relying on the size and flow capabilities of the t3 to achieve hp with minimal boost..???

[stealth]
25-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I Cant Wait Hurry The F@%k Up!

:D

ITRBoI
25-06-2005, 01:22 PM
']I Cant Wait Hurry The F@%k Up!

:D

everybody is waiting damn it!!!! hurry the damn up :!: :!: :!:

Stoosh
25-06-2005, 03:48 PM
*looks at watch*

hmmm comeon, times a wasting!

tofu R
26-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Mate i want my 15 minutes back..
read the whole thread!

Good Luck mate.. sounds like you'll need it..

hehe .. total lack of respect for people that are trying to help you ... maybe you'll learn after you've been burnt..

GSI-PSI
26-06-2005, 05:46 AM
hope u dont feel bad but im almost finished my turbo installation and its only been 2 days lol. get that teg of yours on da road man hehe

sharky
26-06-2005, 04:26 PM
ive learnt a lot from reading this thread, whoa you could write this drama into a daytime tv show :D

snowman95
26-06-2005, 07:49 PM
this whole thread is ****ing blue balls

albii
26-06-2005, 09:17 PM
is this guy and his integra still alive..doesnt seem like it

tRipitaka
26-06-2005, 09:18 PM
maybe he picked his car up yesterday/today ?
and is taking it for a spin and having so much fun he doesn't have time for OH ??
ever thought of that ?

anna1984
26-06-2005, 09:24 PM
*waiting*