PDA

View Full Version : replacement HID bulbs for aftermarket Kit

jamchen
19-05-2005, 11:48 PM
after searching for previous treads. i know that the HID bulbs come in two types! D2S (for projector headlight?) and D2R (for reflector?)
am i right? since i have a 2003 X so i need to buy the D2R one? also i noticed the connectors are different! i bought my HID on Ebay for a China-based company call techone.
how do i know which bulbs are good for my Kit? my kit's bulbs have the normal positive and negative connectors from the bulbs to the ballst. but from the ballst to the OEM connector cord has two pieces of metal plates. from the instruction given in the Kit i was meant to "slot" these two thin metal plates into the 9006 socket (into the two holes in the socket if you know what i mean!) and wrap then with electric tapes.
my kit is working well and am very happy with them. but i just want to store a spare set of the bulbs incase one of the bulb burns out! (coz my dad doesn't know there's HID in the car, and dun wanna blew it out coz one bulb has gone and then he goes and buy the halogen bulb )
any suggestions?
by the way, here is the link to the company!
http://www.techone.com.cn/

uetecu
20-05-2005, 12:43 PM
These are a great hid kit as I had these before and work really well. As long as the technical spec is the same it should fine for these ballasts.

Coupe
20-05-2005, 12:51 PM
hey man a guy in sydney are selling HID bulbs?
if ur interested u can get him on msn, he sell techone hid kits.
i use techone aswell very good product.

howard615@hotmail.com

uetecu
20-05-2005, 12:53 PM
how much did you end up paying for it on ebay if u dont mind me asking? :)

jamchen
20-05-2005, 07:10 PM
how much did you end up paying for it on ebay if u dont mind me asking? :)
um,, i recalled it was something like 350 or around that... think the seller name is howard tang or something... i think i got his first Kit that was available on ebay in that time. :D

bigdongers
01-06-2005, 04:08 PM
arent these HID bulbs supposed to last the life of the car anyway?