PDA

View Full Version : Mugen grille

Tobster
20-05-2005, 10:43 AM
A couple of pics (Euros) in the gallery have the Mugen grille: can anyone with one tell me if you bought it in Australia or ordered it from overseas? If you bought it through an Australian dealer, who was that and how much (roughly) did it set you back?

baboo
20-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Matell is going to order one pretty soon.

The grill will set you back $AUD500+

Sulley
20-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Matell is going to order one pretty soon.

The grill will set you back $AUD500+

original?

Matell
20-05-2005, 11:37 AM
yes original.

However to complete the install properly you need the JDM CL7/CL9 radiator cover to replace ours, and also colour matched original JDM CL7 hood trim to replace the chrome trim on the hood.

Getting mine via Boom Plus Toys in Canada including the items mentioned above, and will be $721CAD delivered.

I could probably have sourced it cheaper but I was impatient.

Chris_F
20-05-2005, 11:53 AM
wow expensive, have you already ordered it?... you wouldn't want to get a wald grill with me instead and share shipping costs?

PERTH_EURO
20-05-2005, 01:16 PM
just modify current grill for around 2-300. Thats what will be happening to mine

Chris_F
20-05-2005, 01:47 PM
cool, i'll be interested to see how yours turns out perth_euro, your planning to remove the H and re-figerglass it to look like the wald grille arent you?

I'd do the same but have no idea where i could go to get it done and i'm a bit worried about how it'll turn out.

PERTH_EURO
20-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah Chris thats what I plan to do.

Basically remove the horizontal slats, the "h" badge, re-fibreglass, mesh and re-paint.

Fibrevision here in Perth gave me that quote.

if it looks good I could do an exchange unit for u booys on the east coast for $350 LOL :p :p :D

Wont be happening for a while, but when it does ill post some pics.

albii
20-05-2005, 02:19 PM
yes original.

However to complete the install properly you need the JDM CL7/CL9 radiator cover to replace ours, and also colour matched original JDM CL7 hood trim to replace the chrome trim on the hood.

Getting mine via Boom Plus Toys in Canada including the items mentioned above, and will be $721CAD delivered.

I could probably have sourced it cheaper but I was impatient.
man matt..........that is expensive...no wonder you can't get those wheels yet.. :D should look good though.

Tobster
20-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Anyone tried going straight to Mugen at www.mugen-power.com? The site's all in Japanese, but if you work your way through to the Accord section it looks as if you can get an unpainted grille for 25200 Yen -- which I think (using www.x-rates.com) works out to about $310. (Painted are 31500 Yen -- less than $390.) Arranging shipping could be interesting. I haven't tried actually translating what it says.
Something else to bear in mind: Australia now has a free trade agreement with the US, so there won't be any duty to pay. Goods coming from Canada, you might have to pay duty...
Anyone actually asked a Honda dealer?

baboo
20-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes, I tried that, They only sell to domestic market. (Japan only)

Trying to import one yourself?
OK by calculate the painted ones $388, + 15% tax on car parts + 10% GST = $490
Shipping would be around $50~100 bucks and you need to put GST on the shipping aswell.

Which all works out to be a very expensive exercise.

But you get what you pay for, the quality of a genuine Mugen product is top notch!

Tobster
20-05-2005, 02:35 PM
I've been following a lot of the conversations at www.tsxclub.com and I sometimes get concerned by the fitment I see -- like this one at:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7317
Modifying the existing one might well be the way to go...
Personally, I wouldn't mind the standard Honda Type-R grille.

baboo
20-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Acura TSX bumper is somewhat different to our Euro bumper. so there's a gap there.

Mugen grill should fit our Euro bumper perfectly.

Peekay34
20-05-2005, 02:49 PM
I got mine from www.kingmotorsports.com for $350 AUD delivered from the US. But that was when the dollar was a little stronger. Unpainted. There was a copy on Ebay a while ago from a guy in Hong kong...not listed at the moment but I am sure they will relist.

baboo
20-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Paul, that's a great price!!

Gibbo
20-05-2005, 03:38 PM
i was checking out the NZ honda site today and they actually sell a Mugen kitted euro from the dealer - how good is that!!! - anyways I have emailed them for a parts and availablilty list (which i will post as soon as I get it) Hopefully they should be reasonably priced to get over here and the exchange rate might even work in our favour. Check out the pdf brochure (use the search function and type in Mugen) Enjoy. Gibbo.:honda:

PERTH_EURO
20-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I've been following a lot of the conversations at www.tsxclub.com (http://www.tsxclub.com/) and I sometimes get concerned by the fitment I see -- like this one at:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7317
Modifying the existing one might well be the way to go...
Personally, I wouldn't mind the standard Honda Type-R grille.

i agree, that looks shite

The bonus of modifying OEM one is that you know its going to fit, and there is no issues with radiator tops etc etc.
Much cheaper, and more custom too.

Peekay34
20-05-2005, 04:06 PM
The NZ Mugen Honda Accord does not have the Mugen grille it has the EuroR Grille. The Mugen grille is not available through Honda NZ. I checked it out while I was there at xmas..... One good thing though they did have the side protection mouldings which I am glad they had. They look good on the car as well.

Chris_F
20-05-2005, 05:53 PM
hey Perth_Euro, you got a point about modifying the grill. Do u think it'd be possible to only remove the H and leave the slats or at least the large one in place. I think they look quite good.

PERTH_EURO
20-05-2005, 06:10 PM
will have to have a closer look when i next get to see my car.

Im not sure how much that plastic bit the "h" is attached to supports the middle slat.