PDA

View Full Version : interiors: hot vs grubby?

Tobster
20-05-2005, 03:10 PM
OK -- I haven't bought my Accord yet (hopefully end of the year), which is why I like to check out forums to find out everything about them...

I live in Adelaide so we get hot summers: anyone with a black leather interior find that they roast in summer? I like the ivory interior (not sure about the brown wood) but I imagine it will get grubby pretty quickly...

Just wondering how people are finding things...

I'm fairly sure I'm going to end up with a milano red Accord with a black interior regardless -- I just love the colour!

aaronng
20-05-2005, 03:34 PM
The one thing I don't like about the ivory interior is that blue-coloured jeans will rub off onto the seat, and give you blue skid marks...

PERTH_EURO
20-05-2005, 03:46 PM
i have no issues with the balck interior and heat. Thats what tint is for

albii
20-05-2005, 05:25 PM
yes but all cars get hot but the climate control easily cools it down quickly.... anyways before you hop in you can even hit the unlock button twice and wind all 4 windows down automatically

PERTH_EURO
20-05-2005, 06:22 PM
id rather have a heated up ass for a minute, than grubby interior all the time.

My work ute seats are covered in canvas, and no shit they get pretty freakin hot up here in the Pilbara sun!!

Pup
20-05-2005, 11:41 PM
na, you wont have a problem, I have the black leather interior and its fine.
It actually feels cooler to sit on leather and it does on cloth (Strang I know, but my old accord was cloth and it just felt hotter!!)

Slugoid
21-05-2005, 12:23 AM
The one thing I don't like about the ivory interior is that blue-coloured jeans will rub off onto the seat, and give you blue skid marks...

It's not really that bad. If you clean your seats with leather cleaners every 1-2 month, you'll be right. I only properly cleaned my ivory leather last week and I got rid of most of the stains and now it's looking very nice. Mind you that's the first time I cleaned it since I got the Euro (1.5 years ownership) :p