PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Cams

crispy
21-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Now ive been reading about upgraded cams on vtec motors and all their benefits, but what about upgraded cams on a stock b18a. i was thinkin Crower stage 1 cams in my B18a1. What are the pros/cons, benefits etc of this upgrade? Will my car go harder off the line? any information would be great. thanks

DynoDave
21-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Now ive been reading about upgraded cams on vtec motors and all their benefits, but what about upgraded cams on a stock b18a. i was thinkin Crower stage 1 cams in my B18a1. What are the pros/cons, benefits etc of this upgrade? Will my car go harder off the line? any information would be great. thanks
These cams are a very good upgrade as long as the rest of your setup is good but they are not just a drop in you will need to TUNE the motor to get the best out of them.
Regards Dyno Dave

crispy
21-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I understand tuning is a must, but what other upgrades will i need to do to benefit fully from upgraded cams?

[stealth]
21-05-2005, 06:20 PM
those cams + fully adj.. cam gears... aftermarket ECU or chipped...

DynoDave
21-05-2005, 10:03 PM
']those cams + fully adj.. cam gears... aftermarket ECU or chipped...
+ a good set of headers and exhaust + a CAI.
Regards Dyno Dave

ah8118
23-05-2005, 11:24 PM
uprated valve springs would be helpful too... :)

LSD Motorsports
28-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Cams are definately a good choice of upgrade for the price. They are complimented by any modification to the air flow system of the car. I.E head work and or intake system. The Stage 1's wont be anything extreme and you can get a significant gain without a dyno tune. however ideally you might want a set of cam gears and a port and polish job on the head to go with them.