PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Throttle sensitivity

as001
22-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey Guys,
I've driven my Euro now approx 6,500km and Im still finding the throttle over sensitive and quite hard to change gears smooth consistently, just wondering is anyone else is experiencing the same thing or is it just me? my last car was a drive by wire throttle as well but no where near as twitchy

stephen8512
22-05-2005, 11:15 PM
mines not as smooth either and im on about 5700kms. new owner just like u
i heard the gearchanges become a lot smoother overtime.
i seem to have to put in a bit of effort if i want to go from 2nd to 1st....the gearbox wont give me a smooth transition.....

aaronng
22-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Try letting go the accelerator about 1/2 second before pressing the clutch. Perform the rest of the shift normally. See if it gets smoother. If it is still not smooth, then when you release clutch, don't press the accelerator at the same time, but rather press the accelerator 1/2 second after releasing the clutch instead.

EuroAccord13
23-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Double Clutching helps to engage your downshift easier...... :)

as001
23-05-2005, 09:40 AM
down shifts is not a drama just up shifts i doubt if i tell service they will be able to adjust the throttle sensitivity anyway which is too bad but i will ask

yfin
23-05-2005, 06:48 PM
When up changing gears - when do you press the accelerator - ie where is the clutch pedal when you press the accelerator? The Euro can change gears very smoothly if you want it do - it is down to technique.

aaronng
23-05-2005, 11:14 PM
I reckon it is not smooth because the electronic throttle is trying to give you more response, which is more than a traditional mechanical linkage throttle would give. I guess we have to learn to adjust, or ditch that electronic throttle somehow.

I like my method because I don't ride the clutch, but in total, I am 1 second slower in each shift. That is why I had previously complained before that 2.2L auto Camrys driven by ladies were leaving me at the lights.

Adagio
16-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey Guys,
I've driven my Euro now approx 6,500km and Im still finding the throttle over sensitive and quite hard to change gears smooth consistently, just wondering is anyone else is experiencing the same thing or is it just me? my last car was a drive by wire throttle as well but no where near as twitchy

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem from day 1. I now have 3,500kms and it is no better. Are you finding it difficult to sustain a smooth drive in slow traffic and when you are in a parking court where you need to make minute inputs to the throttle? I get a slight shunting in these situations, takes the shine off what is otherwise a magnificent car.

Well, so far we have the problem but no direct fix. All my gearchanges are OK so I have no problem there. Although on double declutch down shifts I have yet to perfectly match the engine revs with the gear box every time. I think that is something that will improve with practive.

coladuna
16-07-2005, 11:15 AM
After having driven 17000km in mine, (this was my first manual driving experience) I can shift super smooth and very quickly in every single gear EXCEPT from 1st to 2nd. Even after depressing the clutch, it seems to take a second or two for me to be able to shift into second gear unless I really try to force it, which I really don't wanna do. Also, I tend to ride the clutch a fair bit more when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear than any other gears to make it smooth.

V205
16-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I've only done 650km in mind and never noticed any issue? But I tend to blip the throttle a little bit when I disengage the clutch which seems to help the synchro going to the next gear.

I believe gear boxes need to be broken in properly too. When new, don't force it into gear any faster than it wants to engage without crunching etc and can be helped further with some throttle blip'ing.

splinter
17-07-2005, 03:28 PM
what happen I think is when you release your accelerator, the rev would drop very quickly, much quicker than my old 98 accord auto. so when you change gear the engagement of the clutch, its speed defferential will make it jerky, to get aroudn this I guess is to rev the engine abit during the engagement. but then that would wear the clutch quicker.

Adagio
17-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks Splinter, however this shunting occurs when I am NOT changing gears but running on a trailing throttle and then need just a little more boost to maintain the speed. It is during this catch up mode when the shuntiing commences.