PDA

View Full Version : should i buy this EK civic Jun equipped

Dtegra
22-05-2005, 11:03 PM
hey wats goin on guys jus need sum advice and watever on wat u think

a friend is selling his car its a 96 ek shape two door coupe, buddy club kit all round, light weight 16's, stereo on board, koni adjustable coilovers, full zorst etc... its that blood red colour in perfect condition best part of all is the motor...built buy croydon motorsports was b16a then had $15,000 spent on it. Not sure if been stroked (says on website part of the kit gets bored)it revs to jus under 13k its built obviously strong ya know he;s had it for like 2 years bit more maybe and its being sold for 15 grand..now i think thats incredibly cheap for the package its been thrashed i know it has like jus like any other Vtec jus wanna know u rechon be a good bye and not a money trap and have to rebuild the thing? if u think its going to blow soon like as i said revs very high and has been drivin pretty hard

Dtegra
22-05-2005, 11:05 PM
hey wats goin on guys jus need sum advice and watever on wat u think

a friend is selling his car its a 96 ek shape two door coupe, buddy club kit all round, light weight 16's, stereo on board, koni adjustable coilovers, full zorst etc... its that blood red colour in perfect condition best part of all is the motor...built buy croydon motorsports was b16a then had $15,000 spent on it. Not sure if been stroked (says on website part of the kit gets bored)it revs to jus under 13k its built obviously strong ya know he;s had it for like 2 years bit more maybe and its being sold for 15 grand..now i think thats incredibly cheap for the package its been thrashed i know it has like jus like any other Vtec jus wanna know u rechon be a good bye and not a money trap and have to rebuild the thing? if u think its going to blow soon like as i said revs very high and has been drivin pretty hard

sorry didnt add that yeh JUN parts are all used and spoon cams is wat i know about it cudnt really tell u much more but for 15,000 k id assume be good

civic_mods
23-05-2005, 02:42 AM
i reckon 96 ek coupe havn't got a B16A in the model line up
i reckon the B16A it got is froma engine convertion?

but for 15,000 with such a spec,it's a real bargain

^^v
23-05-2005, 02:49 AM
for wots its got its a very good price...
but wonder why hes selling it for so cheap...

any idea how much its pulling atws?

**Ghost**
23-05-2005, 08:23 AM
it really depends... there could be a lot of nice parts in there, but they might not work well... i'd say test drive it first

and another hting... hondas are fking fussy, a thrashed b16A, irrespective of what has been done to it... will NOT perform

Dtegra
23-05-2005, 11:08 AM
im not to sure bout power on the croydon website it says its like a 220hp package i doubt at the wheels but who knows?

its not a coupe btw its like Civic type R the hatch 3 door this car is so nice guys but yeh jus its thrashed i jus dont want it to blow on me if i got it

redliner
23-05-2005, 11:16 AM
All those mods sounds like it pulling alot of power
Other consideration, how many km's, past service??

Perry
23-05-2005, 12:43 PM
are you referring to the the hatch im thinking of buddy club kit with ctr spoiler and has typeR stickers on the side?

CONAN
23-05-2005, 06:32 PM
any pictures of it???considering its your mates car..

i would be weary about this car, if its had a hard life, then most likely u will have problems with it down the line. things can blow one after the other. or it might need a rebuild soon
u could be buying urself into trouble.

i wouldnt buy something thats capable of revving to 13k, its not worth the headache

TYPE-ONE
23-05-2005, 06:44 PM
rev to 13k? O.o

[R]
23-05-2005, 07:01 PM
it's your mates car.. what has he told you about it other than the fact that it goes hard.

is it reliable? ask him that much.

as everyone else has stated here, something that revs out to that much i'd be weary..

sivic
23-05-2005, 08:00 PM
doesnt matter who built it or how well, an engine which is taken to 13krpm is going to need regular rebuilds to keep it performing.
also, a 1.6l built to make power towards the 13k mark is going to have stuff all power down low so is going to be a very average daily driver.
you would better of buying a b16 equipped civic which isnt so worked and has a more usable powerband

n/a
24-05-2005, 12:27 AM
13,000 rpm? thats an extremely long vtec :p

it's a liability, get it checked

All those mods sounds like it pulling alot of power
Other consideration, how many km's, past service??

Dtegra
24-05-2005, 11:58 AM
hey guys thanks for ur inputs umm nah no type R stickers on it or nothing the guy he really isnt into hondas liek a great deal like he dosent go on forums or anything he jus had alot of money at one stage and thought "why not"
as far as i know in the 2 years he's had it never had to rebuild..
anyways ive decided not to get it coz i dont wanna put my self into a trap

EGB16A
24-05-2005, 12:07 PM
For similar money i would buy this:

click here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16862)

This would be an apsolute weapon with a whole lot less worry!

thats just my 2c

BlitZ
24-05-2005, 01:37 PM
13k... is revs to there but does it make power all the way..
ive heard about 10k cars but 13k is like motor bike territory...
god this car must sound awesome.......
ill buy it for the engine alone .....
what the specs for the 15k NA build.......

go for a test drive son... and tape the car...
i want to see it in action :thumbsup:

honda parts are expensive and croydon charges heaps... it would be interesting to see what 15k would get u..

vti-r teg
24-05-2005, 03:37 PM
sounds awesome for 15k although it would have been thrashed pretty hard. Is your mate a good driver? Get it checked out by a professional.

Limbo
24-05-2005, 07:55 PM
I believe the spoon engines only got to 11k rpms, 13 is extremely high. I had a car which reved till 10k but it had abit of work done to it. It ended up having the ring seals dying after about a yr. High revs kills engine. That's why all race engines are rebuilt after every race.
Now i try not to over build my engines

chinkdood
24-05-2005, 09:09 PM
was this the silver one for sale a while ago? for like 16.5k over 220k's rebuilded engine?

.::F[L]Y::.
24-05-2005, 09:41 PM
well if its your mates car then i would assume you would have at least some knowledge of the cars history? as in how it was treated, service history and so forth.

for the price he is asking its incredibly cheap...abit too cheap considering the work thats been done to it. if i were you i would get it sussed out.

btw has it been dynoed? or 1/4 mile times??

CONAN
25-05-2005, 12:16 AM
this car is to much of a mystery for me to believe

get us a list of mods!

QikCivic
25-05-2005, 01:30 AM
man thats sounds like a deal.

n/a
25-05-2005, 12:39 PM
anyways ive decided not to get it coz i dont wanna put my self into a trap

good choice

[R]
25-05-2005, 02:35 PM
this car is to much of a mystery for me to believe

get us a list of mods!
i agree... sounds just a bit too good to be true.

vti-r teg
25-05-2005, 04:56 PM
list would be good