PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start first time anymore, locks up.

MoonSha
23-05-2005, 04:37 PM
My car always used to start at first turn on the key but on this tank of fuel something has happened. When I turn the key it makes a click noise like the battery is dead, all I do is turn the key back and forth a few more times and it starts straight away. This hasn't ever happened before so I'm thinking it could be something to do with this fuel but I'm not dissing Optimax. The car has been at it's best ever on this tank, I've never felt it being so smooth, it's like driving an auto or something. So I was thinking, is it possible I got a really high quality batch of Optimax and it's somehow effecting the start of the car?

*NEW EDIT* Read new post on second page!

4thgeneCivic
23-05-2005, 06:17 PM
i have same car model as you and i having the same problem too.....it happens when i start the car nxt day...does this happen to you too??
can someone tell us what the problems is plz??

ICACHA
23-05-2005, 08:08 PM
starter motor needs new bushes...

crxzzR
23-05-2005, 08:20 PM
dizzy failure.. i got an 88 crx ED9 my rotor eventually just melted..
honda has an updated rotor button + dizzy cap combo for around $50 bucks...

ECU-MAN
23-05-2005, 10:26 PM
either your ignition switch is buggered or your solenoid on the starter motor needs TLC, and the brushes could be worn like ICACHA is trying to say. ( bushes woulnt cause it ). also as a long shot, loose battery terminals and or stater motor wires

MoonSha
23-05-2005, 10:40 PM
It only happens the next day, I've never had it happen at uni or when I've drivin the car in the last ~6 hours. Only in the morning!

tegstar83
23-05-2005, 11:29 PM
maybe ur battery is shitting itself

ICACHA
24-05-2005, 01:32 AM
LOL yeah brushes that too :)

MoonSha
24-05-2005, 05:39 AM
It's not the batt, that's near new. About the brushes how much $ to get new ones and fit them?

IRI
24-05-2005, 11:33 AM
hrmz mine does the same every now and then, but my OEM immobiliser light flashes... I thought it might be something to do with that???

bennjamin
24-05-2005, 02:57 PM
check battery connections , check the main starter motor connection ( i suffered similar problem , and the power wire was almost off ! ) . . .

MoonSha
25-05-2005, 12:03 AM
My air con never worked, but now it won't even engage (pull on the engine), this seems to have appeared at the same time. Any connection you think?

Edit, went out and checked car too, couldn't find anything wrong on the surface.

Vtec_inside
25-05-2005, 02:18 PM
send the car to honbits o'conner, the onlyt true honda wrecker and repair shop in perth, look for gaberial, he will help you out. Tell him melvin sent you.

they are located on 8 mooney place o'conner just of jones street and number is 9314 5188

VTC-8OY
25-05-2005, 06:13 PM
yea my batt was near new too wen i got this problem, i jus fiddled with the batt connection n tightend it n problem solved..

MoonSha
28-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Update, last two days the car hasn't done it, nor have I done anything to the car. It hasn't been particuarly cold either, we'll see Monday morning if the problem still exists. (It better not make me late for my exam!)

ICACHA
30-05-2005, 09:19 PM
It's the starter solenoid, why dont you just get it looked at rather than waiting for it to stuff up somewhere you arent near help???

keric_02
30-05-2005, 11:17 PM
My car always used to start at first turn on the key but on this tank of fuel something has happened. When I turn the key it makes a click noise like the battery is dead, all I do is turn the key back and forth a few more times and it starts straight away. This hasn't ever happened before so I'm thinking it could be something to do with this fuel but I'm not dissing Optimax. The car has been at it's best ever on this tank, I've never felt it being so smooth, it's like driving an auto or something. So I was thinking, is it possible I got a really high quality batch of Optimax and it's somehow effecting the start of the car?

my friend had the same problem on his lancer (carby), didnt find out what the problem was tho... he used 98ron fuel and his car sometimes had problems starting..

maybe just needs a new batt and clean the distributor cap

MoonSha
31-05-2005, 05:26 AM
The car started first time this morning, I'm not sure what was causing it but it seems to have fixed itself. The car is going in for a full service + some at Honbits soon...

MoonSha
16-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, I got that service but the problem hadn't returned. Now many months after the service this same problem has re-appeared, possibly even worse than before. It's much the same, car starts first time when it's been used within a few hours but overnight it locks up and takes up to 30+ turns of the key to restart. They way it fixed itself previously makes me unsure about speeding off to honbits or ordering in new parts, wondering if you guys have any ideas. Again.

[T][L]
16-12-2005, 10:06 PM
get a remote start alarm :D

MoonSha
17-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I have no idea what your talking about.

destrukshn
17-12-2005, 04:25 PM
i'd say ignition switch.

[T][L]
17-12-2005, 05:21 PM
most likey its the starter solenoid

iamhappy46
18-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Starter solenoid or brushes.
Disconnect your battery, remove wiring from starter motor, unbolt starter motor and take to auto electrican for a check over... Should set you back less than $80.

Re-fit in reverse order.