PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Punctured

Nikoy
23-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Driving along Roe Highway on saturday changed lanes as i needed to turn off. After the lane change i realised a strange sound coming from my rear right hand side.

The sound seemed to slow when i slowed and speed up when i sped up. I realised something was in my tyre drove to my mates place which is about 1 min away got out checked the rear tyre it was fully inflated.

I noticed something on the tyre it self a large bolt well the head of a large bolt anyway. It was about 1.5 cm in diamater not sure how long it was hopefully not long enough to damage my rim.

Just lucky the tyre didnt puncture on roe hwy going 110km per hour. wouldnt have been a pretty sight. Also to further sour the day I scrached my spare rim whilst changing tyres.

Anyway anyone know if my OEM tyre can be repaired or will i need to fork out for a new one.

Also whats the price for a new OEM 16" honda accord euro rim

Catcha
23-05-2005, 05:27 PM
just get the tyre fixed that should do the job

yfin
23-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Just lucky the tyre didnt puncture on roe hwy going 110km per hour. wouldnt have been a pretty sight. Also to further sour the day I scrached my spare rim whilst changing tyres.

Anyway anyone know if my OEM tyre can be repaired or will i need to fork out for a new one.

Also whats the price for a new OEM 16" honda accord euro rim

No one can say whether the OEM tyre will need to be repaired without seeing the damage.

In terms of a new OEM 16" rim - it is around $750. If you want a mint one cheap you can PM me but you will need to act quick as I will be in Perth for 6 months soon and not taking the spare 16" rims.

PERTH_EURO
23-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear.

I have 4 brand new 04 oem rims, but reluctant to seperate.

PNR888
23-05-2005, 09:35 PM
If the puncture happened on side wall of the tyre, then basically you will need a new tyre, but if it happened on where tyre pattern is (road contacting surface), then it can be repair.

With repair, all tyre shop and service centre will be able to help you. Now a day, with new law (in Qld at least), repair will need to be done from inside the tyre, that means the tyre will beed to be removed from the rim, put a mushroom-head-like plug in. then fit the tyre back onto the rim (hopefully they put on the right way) then balance the wheel.

Make sure you inspect your rim thoroughly before you take it to the tyre shop, take picture if necessary. Stress to the tyre shop make sure they dont damage your rim while taking the tyre off.

The tyre shop scracthed and dent my bro's 17" OEM IS200 rim while doing puncture repair.. that was such a heart ache experience. the rim was so clean and perfect before the puncture repair, and the silly person just too careless. ahhhhh.... sigh..

but they send the rim to other place for repair and remachining.... looks ok now, but never be the same...

so watch out for this possible hiccup.

with Rims, the OEM 17" 2005 euro Luxury rim costs $635 each (Austral Honda Brisbane) scratches on rim can be repaired too. They are places where they only repair rims.

euro77
23-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I've punctured my tyre before on a 1cm diameter bolt, got it fixed and was fairly easy (the tyre shop did it of course!)

Nikoy
25-05-2005, 04:41 PM
i got it fixed yesterday.

It was the 3 honda accord that day to come in with a tech screw in the tyre and the 10th car that day to come in with a tech screw.

Problem is i scratched one of my rims when changing to the spare.

So i would still like to get hold of if possible 1 oem rim in mint condition.

If anyone is will to part from 1.

yfin
25-05-2005, 06:43 PM
i got it fixed yesterday.

It was the 3 honda accord that day to come in with a tech screw in the tyre and the 10th car that day to come in with a tech screw.

Problem is i scratched one of my rims when changing to the spare.

So i would still like to get hold of if possible 1 oem rim in mint condition.

If anyone is will to part from 1.

I PMed you - I have individual Euro rims. Not many people will part with just 1